Oddest thing you pack?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I have to bring a fan. Not for the air, but for the humming noise it makes. I can't sleep in a completely quiet room and the a/c doesn't work because it cycles on and off, and I never know if the fan will be one that I can keep on :snore:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

I have to bring a fan. Not for the air, but for the humming noise it makes. I can't sleep in a completely quiet room and the a/c doesn't work because it cycles on and off, and I never know if the fan will be one that I can keep on :snore:

LOL, my husband does this...we never leave home without the fan!

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Me neither! I have to have some white noise of some type to sleep! Even at home....I live out in the country and it is too quiet here for me! I don't always bring a fan, but I have been known to run the A/C on high for the noise and woke up in the morning with icicles on my nose! :lol:

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Food.

I usually bring some water and quick stuff for breakfast and/or if I just need a snack. That way I don't have to pay Disney prices. I also bring small bottles of water for taking my vitamins every morning :)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Yep, I pack the Lysol wipes too - I guess it's not that odd after all?!
And I don't know if this is odd or not but I pack glow sticks. My kids use them in the parks and it keeps them from asking for all those other glow products that Disney sells and then we use them as a nightlight when we get back to the hotel for the night.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
LOL, my husband does this...we never leave home without the fan!

Yup, and I've passed it on to my daughter too, she had to borrow a suitcase last week because hers wasn't big enough for her fan!

Me neither! I have to have some white noise of some type to sleep! Even at home....I live out in the country and it is too quiet here for me! I don't always bring a fan, but I have been known to run the A/C on high for the noise and woke up in the morning with icicles on my nose! :lol:

:lol: That's my problem! I'd freeze! That's why I just bring my trusty fan. I'm really glad to hear that it's not just me, because my boyfriend likes to make me feel like I'm crazy :p

Upvote 0

LeeLee D

I also have to have white noise to sleep and have the room freezing! I stayed at Riverside once and having the ceiling fan was nice.

I always pack a travel fan. It makes enough noise to get me to sleep and fits in my suitcase.

Upvote 0

GrimGrinninAnna

I pack a small sample of my own coffee. I occasionally forget it, but I'm so used to my own coffee that I need to bring it with me for the wake up.

I also bring an unusual amount of shoes, my own facial wash cloth, and an unusual amount of under-clothes (never know when you're going to get soaked on a ride). :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I thought I was the only nut who packed hangers. I pack dry cleaner wire hangers because there's so little drawer space for our clothes. We leave the hangers in the room when we checkout. This allows us extra room in the suitcase for souvenirs for the trip home.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I am going to pack small post it notes because I read on this site to put it over the sensor for the automatic toilets. My 5 yr refused to go to the bathroom last time at WDW because she was afraid of the toilets. You would have thought we were abusing her when we finally dragged her in there. Now that I know how to fix it, I am putting post it notes on the top of my list with the rain ponchos.:)

Upvote 0

wdwsog

I pack pillowcases, hangers and clorox wipes to wipe down the room. What about you?

Man...I thought my wife was the only one who packed clorox wipes. That is the first thing we do when we get in the room. Wipe down light switches, remote, sinks, etc. and then mousekeeping does not come in unless the room gets really trashed, (towel replacement only)

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Man...I thought my wife was the only one who packed clorox wipes. That is the first thing we do when we get in the room. Wipe down light switches, remote, sinks, etc. and then mousekeeping does not come in unless the room gets really trashed, (towel replacement only)

I think we all saw the same Dateline episode. :lol:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I always pack those Dixie Cups, disposable. Have to be careful how you pack them or they get squished!

I also bring a collapsable laundry hamper, fits nicely in the suitcase. Then my dirty stuff isn't all over the floor or just stuffed in a suitcase.

Extra ziplock bags in all sizes...always find uses for them.

Crystal lite pouches for bottled water.

Straws....many places don't have them.....

I think I better start packing those wipes....I'm getting the creepies! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I've been known to pack ziplock bags...they come in handy!

I also packed the little lint brush this last trip, but I didn't pack any clothes that were black! I have no idea why I did that, I never used it :shrug:

I bring old park maps too in case I want to look at them before I go to a park.

I bring scissors too. Again, no idea why, I don't remember ever using them.

Upvote 0

ChipNDale329

I always pack a document page holder.

Sounds strange, huh? Its small and weighted and I set it on top of the television in our room. Every morning, before heading off to the parks, I set a decorated envelope in it that holds the tip for Mousekeeping. The envelope says, "For Mousekeeping....Thanks!"

I realized early on that they will never pick up money that doesn't specifically invite them to. So, this way, they always know it's for them and they should take it with our thanks.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom