Oct 29th Mine Train Update

wdwmomof3

I know it's a long shot, but there is a tiny little bit in me that's still holding out the slightest amount of hope to have a soft opening this thanksgiving. Im a dreamer though! :p

Sped2424

naw this thing has gotta be in spring, after the exterior they have 2 show scenes to do, then all of the foliage which from the concept art seems to be A LOT. But I can't wait for it to be done, then that terrible fake log scrim underneath the bridge by the be our guest resturant will be gone and water will flow from the mine train to the BOG area.
Map.jpg

mets7

to all the experts out there....what do you think the realistic chances (All Joking aside) that this will be up and running by mid to late March? I was just discussing this with the wife and she gave the OK for me to book a quick 3 day trip at that time so we can check it out. If we don't make this then we won't get to see it until Fall of 2015 when we go back for our normal full blown vacation. Please give me good news because I really want an excuse to get back to the world.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
to all the experts out there....what do you think the realistic chances (All Joking aside) that this will be up and running by mid to late March? I was just discussing this with the wife and she gave the OK for me to book a quick 3 day trip at that time so we can check it out. If we don't make this then we won't get to see it until Fall of 2015 when we go back for our normal full blown vacation. Please give me good news because I really want an excuse to get back to the world.

I think there is a good chance it will be open by March, but DON'T plan a trip around that. Even if Disney plans to have it open by then you never know what can go wrong between now and then.

WDWYankee15

I know it's a long shot, but there is a tiny little bit in me that's still holding out the slightest amount of hope to have a soft opening this thanksgiving. Im a dreamer though! :p

Pixie Dust is in full effect :p
You would have to be snorting that Pixie Dust to think that. It is moving much faster lately, but a soft opening in 4 weeks is in no way possible. February seems like a good goal for softe openings and a grand opening maybe around Easter Break (Late April). This will satisify the two major crowd groupings in the Spring time and will allow for marketing in hyping during the Christmas Day parade and the early 2014 "Disney Side" campaign.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Does the quick 3 day trip have to be in March. If that was my only shot I'd hold off if the month is flexible.
Late March is barely spring and we don't even know what show pieces are still being manufactured.

This project has so many layers of construction and outsourced pieces that need to come together. Just because the mountain is almost done doesn't translate to everything else being available to install. I'd think similar to Splash, where first the floor/ceiling finishing has to go in, then maybe paint and murals, then decorations and animatronics. All the electrical wiring for all these pieces. I'm guarded against pushing the timeline up too much because the Rock is almost done. It isn't like Disney/Contractor has poured manpower into this project up to this point.

WishIwasThere

I think there is a good chance it will be open by March, but DON'T plan a trip around that. Even if Disney plans to have it open by then you never know what can go wrong between now and then.
If anyone were to 'plan a trip' around this two minute 'family friendly' coaster opening, I'd say they were crazy. I'm looking forward to having this done so that they area is finally complete, but beyond that, no great anticipation for this coaster. Send me to Gringots instead.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It will definitely be open by the time of your trip. I am a well known expert.

Show those sentences to your wife. Just don't show her the picture of goofy. It may hurt my credibility. I have no idea if it will be open or not. If it's not open you can blame it on me but you still get an extra trip to WDW out of it. Either way you win.:cool:

Sped2424

naw this thing has gotta be in spring, after the exterior they have 2 show scenes to do, then all of the foliage which from the concept art seems to be A LOT. But I can't wait for it to be done, then that terrible fake log scrim underneath the bridge by the be our guest resturant will be gone and water will flow from the mine train to the BOG area.
Map.jpg
Upon looking at those pictures what are all the pathway's for, meet and greets maybe? I know the one on the far right is for the que even so its curious. maybe there will be some surprises for us in store? Also I don't know where this photo is from I just googled mine train concept art and it showed up.

WDWFan_Boston

If anyone were to 'plan a trip' around this two minute 'family friendly' coaster opening, I'd say they were crazy. I'm looking forward to having this done so that they area is finally complete, but beyond that, no great anticipation for this coaster. Send me to Gringots instead.
I don't think most of us would plan a special trip just to ride it, and that wasn't what @danlb_2000 said. However, I think most of us will reserve judgment until after we ride it.

Of course, some may say your crazy for already making up your mind about a ride that's not finished yet... ;)

Last edited:

phi2134

Upon looking at those pictures what are all the pathway's for, meet and greets maybe? I know the one on the far right is for the que even so its curious. maybe there will be some surprises for us in store? Also I don't know where this photo is from I just googled mine train concept art and it showed up.
Exit on far left, middle lane fast pass queue and right is standby queue

Sped2424

tumblr_mvgz7f5Z6c1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvgzikldqn1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Red is standby line, blue is fastpass and yellow is mystery space maybe a waiting area or something or just a nice area to look at the cottage?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom