Oct 29th Mine Train Update

doctornick

So, is the building facing Mermaid just going to be a DVC kiosk? Or will there be a DVC kiosk next to/outside the indoor structure? I thought the rumors was for it to be merch (Triton's Treasures) but I've got to say that the space does not look that large in the video.

RandySavage

But the second (larger) lift hill is the main dark ride section. There might be some indoor show scenes at the beginning and end (the cottage?) of the ride, but otherwise, it's just the two lift hills and the roller coaster parts.

My guess is that it will be 2 to 2 1/2 minutes in ride length.

The indoor scene has a short curving flat show section before the lift hill, as seen in the animatic.

Combining everything we've seen (aerial photos, construction, ride layout, animatic, etc.) I think we can get a pretty clear picture of what the ride will entail.

0:00-0:15 Departing station, first curve
0:15-0:45 Lift Hill 1 (show effect in upper mine cavern on left?)
0:45-1:05 Eastern outdoor section to entering mine
1:05-1:25 Flat show mine show scene (animatic)
1:25-2:00 Lift Hill 2 (indoors)
2:00-2:30 Western outdoor section
2:30-2:45 Final brakes passing to rear of cottage (with show elements).

My guess is between 2:30 and 3:30.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, is the building facing Mermaid just going to be a DVC kiosk? Or will there be a DVC kiosk next to/outside the indoor structure? I thought the rumors was for it to be merch (Triton's Treasures) but I've got to say that the space does not look that large in the video.

It's looking to me like it is just going to be DVC. Unless they are going to put some carts or something else outside the building for merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom