Oct 29th Mine Train Update

Cesar R M

Jesus, they really work fast.
Was there not even a month ago and there was almost nothing. just a pile of rubble in the center..

tumblr_mvgz7f5Z6c1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvgzikldqn1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Red is standby line, blue is fastpass and yellow is mystery space maybe a waiting area or something or just a nice area to look at the cottage?

staff entrance or for handicap? maybe emergency exit?

Sped2424

Jesus, they really work fast.
Was there not even a month ago and there was almost nothing. just a pile of rubble in the center..

staff entrance or for handicap? maybe emergency exit?
that could be it, but then why those little niche spaces near the cottage? Got me thinking there is more to that area could just be a nice photo spot and perhaps a place to go inside and view the whole mountain.

orky8

tumblr_mvgz7f5Z6c1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvgzikldqn1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Red is standby line, blue is fastpass and yellow is mystery space maybe a waiting area or something or just a nice area to look at the cottage?

I agree with others, yellow is exit. Also, of note, is that this is not the most accurate drawing -- it has the coaster track incorrectly laid out. So, I wouldn't put too much stock into the exact path of the queue either.

Steve1005

It might just be the exit line. With the building being the gift shop that you walk through after every ride in the park? :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It might just be the exit line. With the building being the gift shop that you walk through after every ride in the park? :)

No, I don't believe the cottage will be a gift shop. Here is a excerpt from the recent chat with an Imagineer on the project...

"Jenn Fickley-Baker:
Our reader Patricia also had a good follow-up question, which is, ‘I’ve seen a pretty little cottage in concept art for the ride and have spotted the steel shell of it being built now…and I wonder if that will be a building that guests walk through to get onto the ride.’ Can you tell us?"
"The cottage appears as an iconic show element within the whole mine train attraction and you will be able to look into the scenes and you see it in the distance as you approach the mine."

WDWYankee15

No, I don't believe the cottage will be a gift shop. Here is a excerpt from the recent chat with an Imagineer on the project...

"Jenn Fickley-Baker:
Our reader Patricia also had a good follow-up question, which is, ‘I’ve seen a pretty little cottage in concept art for the ride and have spotted the steel shell of it being built now…and I wonder if that will be a building that guests walk through to get onto the ride.’ Can you tell us?"
"The cottage appears as an iconic show element within the whole mine train attraction and you will be able to look into the scenes and you see it in the distance as you approach the mine."
It will probably just have the capacity for storage or something not invloving guests directly. It will add to the look and feel of the attract for guests and will probably allow for the exit to walk by it if the image above was correct, but probably not much else. Thematic element.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It will probably just have the capacity for storage or something not invloving guests directly. It will add to the look and feel of the attract for guests and will probably allow for the exit to walk by it if the image above was correct, but probably not much else. Thematic element.

I believe Lee has said that it will contain a show scene of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

doctornick

I believe Lee has said that it will contain a show scene of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

So, that would be at the end of the ride before entering the disembarking area, right? That would mean at least two show scene areas with that and the large one inside the mines (the larger second lift hill). I wonder if there will be any show scenes at the beginning of the ride as you leave the loading/unloading building.

phi2134

Any idea what this scene may contain? Perhaps the one where they are dancing to the organ music?

My guess is that its the scene of the dwarves looking in on snow white sleeping or maybe the witch outside with an apple, kind of hard to tell when we don't know the exact back story they have planned for the ride. I am wondering where in the storyline the ride takes place.

Sped2424

I agree with others, yellow is exit. Also, of note, is that this is not the most accurate drawing -- it has the coaster track incorrectly laid out. So, I wouldn't put too much stock into the exact path of the queue either.
Okay seems like an exit but why the niche little area's by the cottage I guess they want that to be a photo op place maybe.

MOXOMUMD

My guess is that its the scene of the dwarves looking in on snow white sleeping or maybe the witch outside with an apple, kind of hard to tell when we don't know the exact back story they have planned for the ride. I am wondering where in the storyline the ride takes place.
The story line would be awesome if it was you are one of the 7 Dwarfs using the fast mine carts as a quick way out of the mine after they find out from the animals what the witch had done to Snow White, kind of a fast way out to get to the witch before they stalk her into the woods, then the cottage would show a sleeping Snow White. That would incorporate all of those characters then.

orky8

well the track is laid out a little differently but I am sure that the plans for the que and entrance haven't changed much.

I wouldn't be so sure. A previous plan called for the mine entrance to extend all the way to the beginning of the queue so it was all indoors. What we are looking at is not a blueprint, so its very hard to try to use it for any accuracy. In any event, that yellow section is most certainly the exit path, which will probably take you by the facade of the cottage. Perhaps you'll be able to peak into the window, but that's about all I think this will be as the inside is a show scene for the train ride.

doctornick

Probably photo op. And, again, I wouldn't pay too much attention to a diagram we know is inaccurate.

Speaking of photo ops, this ride seems like a perfect opportunity for a "take a photo in the ride vehicle" setup that we sometimes see. I would be nice if they made an extra mine car for that purpose (a non swinging one, of course, since it woud be for photo purposes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom