Oct 29th Mine Train Update

RandySavage

Great video.

The place-making continues the FLE trend of looking sensational. Hat's off.

I know the insidious DVC kiosk has become an unfortunate staple in the parks, but why wouldn't they give the primary signage an in-theme treatment (as in Frontierland or the Liberty Square Counting House), and keep the DVC/commercial stuff secondary, especially when they've gone to such expense to heavily-theme the surrounding environment.
image16-1200x1600.jpg

Sped2424

Here is a new construction video! enjoy!

Woah they have more done then I thought, however the ground still needs to be made on the side facing the little mermaid, but that shouldn't take more than a week of work. as its all grass and trees in that area. Meaning I expect trees and grass to start moving into this area within the next month or so.

AndyS2992

I want to get excited for this ride but it just looks so short, like less than 40 seconds long. Just barnstormer with proper themeing

Last edited:

gonnichi

I want to get excited for this ride too but it seems to be just like everything else in New Fantasyland great theming with a lot of fluff but no real substance. It just seems way to short, a complaint I have about the Little Mermaid ride too. It will at least look great in the middle of New fantasyland, but I'm afraid it will not be a great attraction if it is so short. Does anyone know if the Hong Kong Disneyland is still getting the full length version of the 7 dwarfs mine train or will theirs be the same shorter version like this one?

A1st

I want to get excited for this ride too but it seems to be just like everything else in New Fantasyland great theming with a lot of fluff but no real substance. It just seems way to short, a complaint I have about the Little Mermaid ride too. It will at least look great in the middle of New fantasyland, but I'm afraid it will not be a great attraction if it is so short. Does anyone know if the Hong Kong Disneyland is still getting the full length version of the 7 dwarfs mine train or will theirs be the same shorter version like this one?

I thought it was tokyo and shanghai?

hpyhnt 1000

It's likely to be longer the 40 seconds, but not much longer. Sad part Is, the original design was longer but it ended up being shortened.

This. Earlier versions (as detailed by Lee what now seems like eons ago) depicted a rather elaborate setup with significantly more track and more show scenes. But as usual, the bean counters no likey.

As an aside, can you imagine how long the original version of this ride might have taken had it been approved? Given the experignce with this simplified version, we would have probably been waiting til 2016 or something. :rolleyes:

Scuttle

I want to get excited for this ride but it just looks so short, like less than 40 seconds long. Just barnstormer with proper themeing
It'll be in between 2-4 minutes. It slows down for the dark ride section taking up time and also both lift hills will take a little time.

doctornick

It'll be in between 2-4 minutes. It slows down for the dark ride section taking up time and also both lift hills will take a little time.

But the second (larger) lift hill is the main dark ride section. There might be some indoor show scenes at the beginning and end (the cottage?) of the ride, but otherwise, it's just the two lift hills and the roller coaster parts.

My guess is that it will be 2 to 2 1/2 minutes in ride length.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom