Oct 2010 Roll Call Too Early??

cemeb4dk

Sorry I just checked my vacation countdown widget and it stated 403 long days til our 11 days at the world. It seems so long away from now, because it is. But we did go last Thanksgiving for 11 days and then a cruise in February. So we did our trips early and this year and late last year and when we sat down to decide when to go again, we decided over Halloween. So we will be going OCt25 to Nov 5. Hopefully staying at the beachclub in a 1 bedroom need to wait til Nov for my 11 month window. It was a tough choice for us between Halloween and Christmas we love both, but we thought the weather is more predictable near Halloween and I like the halloween party better than the Christmas one. Both are awesome but Halloween is a bit better we think.

So anyone else going next Halloween:wave:

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Well Oct hours are posted. So if it follows lik every other year, when the MK closes at 7 pm it usually a night for the halloween party.

Not sure if all these dates will be for the party, but these are the dates that the park closes at 7
Looks like dates 1,3,7,8,11,12,14,17,19,21,22,24,26,28,29,31

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Ok working on my master plan for our trip. Our date to make our ADR's are coming up soon, so need to get some thoughts and make sure we cover our bases, for myself my wife and our 4 year old daughter. Here is a quick list of my plan so far.

10/25 Arrive BLT spend the day at MK PM EMH

10/26 Breakfast Chef Mickey, then AK then hopefully watch hallowwoshes from roof top of BLT

10/27 Sea World then downtown disney T rex for dinner.

10/28 Check out BLT, check into BCV. Then DHS, Sci Fi for dinner and hopefully catch fantasmic.

10/29 Either a pool, park or waterpark in the day, 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

10/30 Norway Princess breakfast, then Epcot, Germany for dinner.

10/31 Pool, BB Boutique at DT Disney, then Crystal palace for dinner then Mickeys Halloween Party. ( will use party ticket for park this day)

11/1 Clearwater Beach for the day and Sunset pirate tour.

11/2 Open Park Day

11/3 Open Park Day

11/4 stay at parks til 3 or 4 start drive home.

By doing it this way I can get away with 8 day park pass non hopper.

I did some calculating, and by looking at our meal plans for the BCV stay its significantly cheaper for me to do the dinning plan. So I think I will be signing up for that on the BCV stay. I still have 2 Table services to burn, so not sure if we will do a show or once we get closer pick appropriate place to eat. I think I have all our bases covered, I am sure some may not like our dining choices by having their own opinions on the place, but we have been happy and there are certain places my daughter wants to eat at.

Hope the rest of you your plans are coming together.

Upvote 0

Hobbes130

cemeb4dk I think your plans look pretty good, your days are not too jam packed and you seem to be taking a leisurely approach. At 4 years old our dd could not cope with full days in the park, going from early morning through to fireworks. Nor could we tbh :ROFLOL:so we would catch rope drop, go back adn chill at the pool in the afternoon and have dinner and then go back for evening stuff.

Here are our plans so far, feel pretty happy with them. Its just me, dh and dd age 8 this year. Just waiting on the MNSSHP dates to be released officially so we can book. We can make our dining reservations on the 20th so not long now.

10/17 Arrive at WL around 5pm, setle into room, look round hotel & dinner
10/18 Chef Mickey for breakfast then MK
10/19 Day at studios, hopefully get a wishes cruise for evening
10/20 Day at AK and dinner at Artist Point back at hotel
10/21 Day at Blizzard Beach, dinner at Whispering Canyon & hopefully MNSSHP
10/22 Another AK day & lunch at Rainforerst Cafe
10/23 Epcot World Showcase
10/24 Another day at Studios and catch Fantasmic
10/25 DTD day, Bibbiddi Boutique for DD & dinner at T-Rex
10/26 Anotehr MK day
10/27 Epcot Future World
10/28 DD choice day she plans this and does her favourite things, so will probably be Ohanas breakfast followed by swimming & campfire in the evening
10/29 Crystal Palace Breakfast MK for morning, catch ME around 3ish to airport.

I love the planning part it is such a big part of the build up for us :)

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Hobbes your plan looks well as well. Unfortunately I am a park commando, and my daughter takes after me. The good thing is we wont probably see any rope drops, then with the parks not open very late I think the parks will be doable all day. I just hate wasting time back to hotel, then eat something in room then back to park. I would just rather get something at park. But as every trip all of my plans are subject to change for the most part. We have been so many times its not like we have to see this or that. Just a relaxing trip with the family spending some quality time together.

I hear you as well on the Halloween party nights, I didnt want to go on Halloween itself, but my wife wants to and I warned it it will be very crowded, but it something she wants so it shouldnt be an issue. Hopefully crowd levels are low the rest of the time we are there to ensure we get everything in.

Also if Disney offers free dining like they have inthe past I hope they offer it after my 180 day mark so everyone booking with the free dining don't make getting ADR's impossible.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
Just booked my Mickeys not so Scary Halloween Party tickets for Halloween night! $69.18 for adults and $62.79 for kids

179 days til our trip.

Upvote 0

MCC1

Looking at coming in first week of Oct. for Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon & 10-yr wedd. anniversary, staying courtesy friends at Shades of Green...

Upvote 0
Oct

I can't wait, will be there for my third trip this year. Oct 16 to 24 off site, but that ok. Looking forward to MNSHP, not sure what day. Be there for my 9th wedding anniversary. It will be my third trip, but it still April, and I have not even taken My first trip, but it is only 21 days away.

Upvote 0
Joining the October 2010 club :wave:. We will be there from 10/21 through 10/30. We originally booked a 1br at AKL, but then yesterday got a call from my SIL saying she and her husband were coming. So I graciously offered to take care of their stay. We are now in a 2br at OKW for the entire stay and on the wait list for BLT the last 3 nights.(hope they come through) Just bought my MNSSHP tickets for 10/28. Also booked my little girl at Bibbidi Bobbidi for the first time since she's now 3. She will be going right before the party to get all dolled up and dressed up for halloween. I can't wait. YAY!!!!!

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
congrats to all you folks getting your stuff in order. I too made our ADR's today for the rest of the trip and booked my daughter at the BBB in downtown disney on Halloween night before the MNSSHP. She will be at the boutique at 2:30 and then we have 4:35 dinner reservations at crystal palace before the party.

Upvote 0

828tnt

we're booked for the 10th through the 16th at akl! really excited, my youngest is taking his buddy and it's his first time!

adr's are all set too. no issues getting into the spots we picked. although we will only do one sit down a day. we tend to hit the water parks before the other parks.

looking forward to seeing who else is gonna be there, and if there's any bumping into fellow wdwmagic- er's....lol.

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

Our countdown is under 5 months; 150 days from today to be exact! It cannot come fast enough. Everywhere I go I hear, smell, and feel Disney....Girls only trip to OKW from 10/14-10/18. I'm so excited for our trip, I'm already in the works of planning one for next May with my husband and I. Good luck to all the other October travelers. I never thought I'd wish a summer away, but I can't wait to see Mickey!

Upvote 0

bhg469

We got a great deal on airfare several months ago and we had always planned on going in October mainly for the food and wine festival. We ended up just randomly choosing the 6th until the 13th. The latest discounts don't cover those dates and we are unsure if there will be a discount code for that time frame. Does anyone know if this could be something that might be announced?

Upvote 0

knnyrobb

We are going Oct 11 - 18. First time not staying with Disney :( But excited to stay at Bonnet Creek with our timeshare. Trying to save money this year for a bigger trip next may :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom