Obama speaking confirmed in new HOP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Great article. Lots of interesting stuff in it.

But it does have this confusing comment about the HOP.

The exhibit opened in the early 1970s under the direct supervision of Walt Disney and has resulted in countless middle school term papers about the presidents. It has been closed since Election Day as it receives the biggest face-lift in its history.

Walt supervised from the other side. Cool. :rolleyes:

IlikeDW

picture.php

hpyhnt 1000

Nice little article there. I guess the reporter meant that Walt worked on the attraction when it was Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, sine HoP is based off of it? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

:sohappy::sohappy:

Fantastic piece. VERY happy about this...Aught to make HoP even better than before. Although I do miss Maya Angelou.

And yes, Scott, Walt did work from the other side.;):lol: He was around when GMWML was created for the 1964 World's fair, and also laid the groundwork for a " Presidents attraction" in his new Disney World.:D

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
:sohappy::sohappy:

Fantastic piece. VERY happy about this...Aught to make HoP even better than before. Although I do miss Maya Angelou.

And yes, Scott, Walt did work from the other side.;):lol: He was around when GMWML was created for the 1964 World's fair, and also laid the groundwork for a " Presidents attraction" in his new Disney World.:D

Yes, but the attraction did "open" under his supervision, as stated. I can give some leeway, but that's too much! :lol:

Nonetheless, a nice article.

Expo_Seeker40

Too bad Morgan Freeman isn't narrating another ride in a certain giant silver sphere located a few miles south of the HoP. :zipit:

I'm looking forward to a new show. I am, however, dissapointed that Lincoln will be reading the entire Gettysburg Address. His collection of speaches used in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, which was slightly modified for the original version of the HoP, was very eloquent and summed up more than what the Gettysburg Address could IMHO.

Atomicmickey

So good to hear that a classic attraction is really getting some TLC.

We were there last November, and I really missed this. Hoping to
see this all in November, in surround sound glory.

I wonder who the voice of George Washington is?

jt04

First of all Morgan Freeman is the perfect choice for narrator. Absolutely perfect. Love the idea of Obama taking the oath. Love that George Washington will get a speaking role. I have a mental picture of how this show is being set up and I am very optimistic about it. I have a feeling this show could really move the audience and be as moving if not moreso than the American Adventure show at Epcot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Forget Obama, next US President: Morgan Freeman.
As long as Jame Earl Jones is the VP he will get my vote. Just imagine the press conferences...

Reporter: "Many people do not think your new economic plan will work."

VP: "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom