NYT: "Universal....Takes Aim at Disney"

djlaosc

So Marni's list had a few more things listed. I'll try to condense this:
  • Diagon Alley: Gringotts Coaster, Hogwarts Express
  • Transformers - Is this suppose to go in Stage 44 at Universal Studios?
  • Something Mad - Is this the Madagascar ride from Singapore going into Feivel's area?
  • D/E-Ticket in IOA - Jurassic Park Jeep Ride or Lorax dark ride?
  • New Waterpark and 3rd gate? Is there any truth to this?
Are those the projects that are believed to be in development?

Marni's list also had
  • A family E in IOA (although I'm guessing that would be the Jurassic Park/Seuss Landing attraction you mentione)
  • "Something else maybe" in IOA / Potter
  • Something else in USF
  • Major infrastructure improvements

cheezbat

Marni's list also had
  • A family E in IOA (although I'm guessing that would be the Jurassic Park/Seuss Landing attraction you mentione)
  • "Something else maybe" in IOA / Potter
  • Something else in USF
  • Major infrastructure improvements

I know that the open expansion pad in Jurassic Park as well as the Toon Lagoon apitheater have both been considered for new attractions...

neoshinok

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I was disappointed with the new hotel announcement. I know they need it, but I was really hoping that area would be for the rumored 3rd park and/or waterpark. I guess they might still have enough room at the south end to fit a water park.
db_2007_MasterPlan_Update_web1.jpg

c-one

Wait, is Transformers at USF slated to open before the Gringotts coaster? Would imagine it's less technically complex given there are already 2, or 4 if you count the Spideys...

chocotaco

Wait, is Transformers at USF slated to open before the Gringotts coaster? Would imagine it's less technically complex given there are already 2, or 4 if you count the Spideys...

I believe Transformers is set to be open by end of 2013, and Harry Potter 2.0 is set to open by late 2014/early 2015.

Edit: Just want to make clear that those dates aren't official, as Universal hasn't even officially announced that they are working on these projects as of yet even though we can clearly see they are.

HenryMystic

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I was disappointed with the new hotel announcement. I know they need it, but I was really hoping that area would be for the rumored 3rd park and/or waterpark. I guess they might still have enough room at the south end to fit a water park.
there are 2 empty pieces of land. The new hotel will only take up one of them.

lazyboy97o

So the people here are saying it but Universal hasn't said anything, right?
Correct. It's based on reports from people, the speed of the project, the size of the plot of land and that permits have revealed that there will be ride lifts and a fairly sizable building. Spielberg also said it was coming, but later corrected himself saying he was talking about the opening date in Hollywood.

chocotaco

So the people here are saying it but Universal hasn't said anything, right?

Well I wouldn't say Whylightbulb is just like any other poster here, as he is a proven insider, so outside of an official confirmation, he's pretty much the next best thing. So no we haven't gotten any "official" confirmation from Uni themselves yet, but having said that, it's pretty much certain that it's transformers.

Californian Elitist

Correct. It's based on reports from people, the speed of the project, the size of the plot of land and that permits have revealed that there will be ride lifts and a fairly sizable building. Spielberg also said it was coming, but later corrected himself saying he was talking about the opening date in Hollywood.

Ooohhh, ok. Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I was disappointed with the new hotel announcement. I know they need it, but I was really hoping that area would be for the rumored 3rd park and/or waterpark. I guess they might still have enough room at the south end to fit a water park
That was the duel resort plan with a hollywood themed hotel. At the moment they are looking at one resort in the immiediate expansion area.

neoshinok

That was the duel resort plan with a hollywood themed hotel. At the moment they are looking at one resort in the immiediate expansion area.

That's good news, thanks Martin! Is the immediate expansion area the same location shown being developed in that picture, just one half of the area will be used?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's good news, thanks Martin! Is the immediate expansion area the same location shown being developed in that picture, just one half of the area will be used?
The immediate area is what's available north of I-4. I believe this will hold one resort and the water park.

cheezbat

The immediate area is what's available north of I-4. I believe this will hold one resort and the water park.

I'm curious exactly which plot of land the hotel will sit on...and just how much space they're saving for the waterpark. Wet N Wild is so tiny, and takes up 30 acres...the new hotel is supposed to take up 37 acres...in comparison, Aquatica is 58 acres, Typhoon Lagoon 61 acres, and Blizzard Beach 66 acres. I really hope they allow enough room for this waterpark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom