NY Times: Bob Iger Effectively Back As CEO

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The point was that many of the successes that defined Eisner's early time with Disney were already released/set in motion and likely would have happened with or without him.

Eisner does however get credit for copying Universal's idea to build a studio park in Florida.
Well, the Grand Floridian was a plan that was mothballed in 1982.

fgmnt

On the Einser vs Iger debate, one thing I keep coming back to is a failure to convince myself someone like Bob Iger could have been on the executive team that saved the company back in the middle of the 80s. I think people gloss over Eisner's tenure with the fallout from the end of the Disney decade and the Pixar feud, without recognizing that Walt Disney Productions would have been a back catalog for Fox, instead of the other way around. I also think that if you had an executive team like the one back in the mid 80s, pretty much since the day after the Lucasfilm acquisition went through, you would not have a company that has essentially been left to rot from the inside out.

Executives that fancy themselves as creative authorities can bleed the company dry. The empty suits that have run the company have built up a rot of massive debt built on a bloat of brands and a lack of creative instinct. Of all of the C-suite executives that have served under Iger, it's telling the seemingly most hollow, feckless, out of touch underling was the one he tried to saddle the CEO job with. Imagine the last 5 years with Ouimet or even Staggs.

Nubs70

Absolutely. I tried to get out to the theatre to see "1917" repeatedly. I wanted the experience with that film that I can only get at the theatre, but we never made it. Now, I have the rental. It's been sitting on my tv stand for a week, but I don't care if I watch it or not, because it just won't be the same. The kids will come in hollering, or some other distraction will ruin the moment. Then, the 3' wide screen is just not great compared to one as big as a house.

Methinks theatres are safe.
I have a 150" dropdown screen w/ 4k projector, 7.4.2 Atmos. Never going to a theater again.

alphac2005

I have a 150" dropdown screen w/ 4k projector, 7.4.2 Atmos. Never going to a theater again.
Great specs. Wehad to give up our home theater with 110” and stadium seating when my teenagers needed more space and we moved them down to the basement and converted the theater into a bedroom. Enjoy your setup!

Nubs70

Great specs. Wehad to give up our home theater with 110” and stadium seating when my teenagers needed more space and we moved them down to the basement and converted the theater into a bedroom. Enjoy your setup!
Most impressive movie yet was Blade Runner. Never cared for the movie in a standard TV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom