NY Times: Bob Iger Effectively Back As CEO

Robbiem

I’d want to say around the turn of the decade but would need to do some research. Asian Way was called just that for quite a while after the resort was mothballed.
Thanks- I always think it was a shame they never built the asian and Persian resorts they sounded very unique especially for the early 70s. GF and the later resorts are OK but really come across as Disney’s version of key west, new england, new orleans as an alternative to where people go on vacation rather than a unique only at disney experience

HauntedMansionFLA

Let the layoffs start
EB2B36D0-973C-4068-8383-17E57F05A72B.png

Sir_Cliff

Sorry if I missed this, but did they ever appoint someone to replace Chapek as head of Parks and Resorts (and whatever else is now bundled in with them)?

I would think that position would be fairly crucial at the company now, unless they've just made the decision that Bob (or Bob, or Bobs) are going to dedicate much more of their time and energy to the division given the current emergency.

JoeCamel

Sorry if I missed this, but did they ever appoint someone to replace Chapek as head of Parks and Resorts (and whatever else is now bundled in with them)?

I would think that position would be fairly crucial at the company now, unless they've just made the decision that Bob (or Bob, or Bobs) are going to dedicate much more of their time and energy to the division given the current emergency.
Never have to this point. I think you are going to see a lot of shuffling of roles when this shakes out.

peter11435

I hope people remember the Bob Iger has completely turned Disney into a propaganda machine without a soul. He started by cancelling Disney Infinity and went on a buying spree totally ignoring the maintenance of the theme parks and the Disney vacation club. Under his rule there were no updates to more efficient cooling and heating equipment he just put in a solar farm. By bringing politics into the entertainment sector of Disney he has made it a propaganda machine.
His acquisition of LucasArts was not to continue the legacy of Star Wars but to destroy it with political propaganda. This is also the fate of Marvel. Then by buying Fox he created a entertainment monopoly for his political agenda and as we are seeing with the content retconning of the content on Disney+ he is revising and setting aside history . . . Again for his political agenda.
Did you see the response to the Epstein reporting censoring during the shareholders meeting? Bob Iger doesn’t care about the image of the Walt Disney Company just greed and political agenda.
Let us not talk about the ever increasing costs of Theme Park tickets and the removal from DVC rooms the clock radios and note pads.
Disney is no long what Walt Disney envisioned where a family can play and enjoy the magic of Disney. Now it is just plain propaganda and greed.
No thanks Bob Iger you need to go far far away. You have destroyed Disney IMO
Ultimate sadness for and best wishes for the Cast Members who are now being kicked to the curb and have been true to Walts vision.
Lots of misinformation in this post in addition to excessive hyperbole and a bit of tin foil hat wearing.

I won’t get into most of it but I will point out that Disney Infinity was started under Iger. So you can’t blame him for shutting it down without recognizing him for starting. Not that he would have been directly responsible for either.

And there has been extensive upgrades across all Disney owned properties for more efficient heating and cooling systems.

Also Star Wars has always been political. Since the 1970’s.

ImperfectPixie

Lots of misinformation in this post in addition to excessive hyperbole and a bit of tin foil hat wearing.

I won’t get into most of it but I will point out that Disney Infinity was started under Iger. So you can’t blame him for shutting it down without recognizing him for starting. Not that he would have been directly responsible for either.

And there has been extensive upgrades across all Disney owned properties for more efficient heating and cooling systems.

Also Star Wars has always been political. Since the 1970’s.
Not to derail, but I really thought Disney Infinity was a fabulous idea. I was super bummed when it was discontinued.

Josh Hendy

Sorry but this position has been repeatedly posted for months. My DD works in this department or did before the furlough. They can't fill it because I believe they want a PhD in stats and the ablity to walk on water. She would love to apply but only has a grad certificate in stats.
And what does an HR Decision Scientist with a PhD in stats do for Disney?

Is it about decisions to cut or expand theme park staff? Or is it about behind the scenes staffing such as IT and phone and online support.

Lilofan

Sorry but this position has been repeatedly posted for months. My DD works in this department or did before the furlough. They can't fill it because I believe they want a PhD in stats and the ablity to walk on water. She would love to apply but only has a grad certificate in stats.
Don't buy it that one thinks a doctorate is required. WDW is perhaps looking for that right individual hired from outside the company that has no ties with any of the Disney staff that is looking to be restructured and consolidated.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yes. It was as re-posted

ZoneOfTheEnder

I cant tell if this is a troll post or not. :rolleyes:
No not a troll. A 66 year old father of two daughters who has seen the vision of Walt Disney’s creations turned into a propaganda machine that revises history (retconning films and TV series) for political purposes. Spending outrageous sums of money on acquisitions while ignoring the maintenance of the parks and disney vacation club properties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom