Now that indoor masking is back are you cancelling your next trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
If so what were your dates?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.

Last edited:

Namaari

My family and I leave for WDW every year on Black Friday for 8-10 days, though we ended up cancelling last year due to the pandemic. We're spending Thanksgiving at WDW this year and are still planning on going now that we're all vaccinated, and if/when boosters get approved, some of us will be getting one before Nov. We're all planning on wearing our masks the majority of the time (indoors and outdoors) regardless, as I've heard it's pretty bad down in FL right now and we're taking as many precautions as possible.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

I joined this thread the other week because I am considering a WDW vacation in mid-October. Several weeks ago, I was about 75% certain that I was going and just wanted to get a feedback on the crowds and how Disney was handling things like 6' social distancing, etc. After getting daily updates on this thread and several others, I'm now about 75% certain that I am not going. I don't mind wearing a mask at all but with the skyrocketing COVID problem in Florida I am wondering if going there during this time is a wise choice for me.

I keep reading stories with headines such as "Florida's 7-day average for COVID cases hits record high" and other similar new articles daily. I would love to go back and experience the low crowds like they were when I did a solo trip there last September. It's sort of like whether it would be a good time to visit Afghanistan right now (probably couldn't do that anyway). Nothing may happen to me while I'm there but do I want to risk it. I have family back home and the last thing I would want to do is bring back a virus. Still undecided.

Upvote 0

Lynne Moore

We’re going end of November and hate the fact that we have to wear masks. We do not wear masks unless we absolutely have to so it’s going to be quite uncomfortable for all of us. We just can’t keep wearing masks. It’s not normal!
If I didn’t already pay for the trip, I may think about canceling. It’s just not the same.

Upvote 0

SammyMF

That is true its not normal. But neither is a pandemic. I have no problem with indoor masks because I have had to do that for the job for over a year. Also, if the price of being able to go to wdw... hopefully safely... instead of staying home is a mask then its worth it. I just hope by October that there is at least a sign that things are returning to what is considered normal in a covid world.

Upvote 0

SammyMF

I agree apprehension is high. However it comes to whether or not you feel safe if you had the shots and took all the usual precautions that we have been doing for over a year now. Unvaccinated kids not withstanding. Personally, I wouldn't feel safe bringing unvaccinated kids at this time. Well, unless Disney mandated vaccinations among all guests over a certain age, as other places are doing. But I cant see whatsoever how they could even make that work especially among all the people that already paid thousands of dollars.

Upvote 0

SammyMF

I should say, that while I am not worried about myself having symptoms or becoming ill, I do worry about getting infected and passing it along to others when I come back home. A place like WDW, with its crowds and lines, is certainly a higher risk than sitting on a beach. Assuming no change in plans and I stick to my Oct trip, I will still be home 4-5 days after I get back before I go back to work. I will certainly get tested before I do. A fear however is that the test is a so-called 'false negative'.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

This is why we have skipped our fall trip last year and this year. So many things fluctuate whether it be covid related or Disney park business related. Hopefully in fall of 2022 I won't have to worry about the answer to this forums question, and maybe all the kinks will be worked out of the Genie.

Upvote 0

Deanieb59

I haven't been in over 5 years. I'm not getting any younger or healthier. I'm frankly not sure how many more trips I will be able to go on. This one is booked. I have to go. Masks will be a minor thing for me. My family and Disney World. What's better than that?

Upvote 0

SammyMF

This will likely be the last for me as well. Not getting any younger myself. Unless I moved to Celebration one day but TBA the big fights over Covid among the Florida population, some getting a little violent at times, give me pause.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

We're still going. The big hang up for me was when you had to wear masks all the time there. That was a hard "no" for me. Our trip is late-October, and I am hoping things will calm down (for more reasons than just mask mandates at WDW, obviously...) and they can relax masks again before then. If masks are still required indoors, we may make different choices for activities/attractions than we would otherwise (e.g., only eat at food booths at EPCOT instead of a restaurant, or skip indoor attractions in favor or outdoor ones) , but ultimately, we will still go.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

This will likely be the last for me as well. Not getting any younger myself. Unless I moved to Celebration one day but TBA the big fights over Covid among the Florida population, some getting a little violent at times, give me pause.
As a Florida resident I'm curious as to what fights over Covid you're talking about. Pleas let me in on it?
This isn't part of my response to SammyMF......
I'd like to know where everyone who is posting lives. I need to head to a place that's apparently safer than it is here in Florida, which seems to be where you all are at now....

Upvote 0

Dave B

We’re going end of November and hate the fact that we have to wear masks. We do not wear masks unless we absolutely have to so it’s going to be quite uncomfortable for all of us. We just can’t keep wearing masks. It’s not normal!
If I didn’t already pay for the trip, I may think about canceling. It’s just not the same.
You can/should cancel, you are more than 30 days out, you will hate it if you don't already wear masks, they do enforce it, so good luck

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So my trip was last week and I just wanted to come back to report that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
I don't think I could have handled the mask on other than in your room policy that the reopening started with but indoors only was not terrible.
Going again mid November.
I'd love to be mask free by then but I'm definitely more prepared for indoor masks now.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

I second the cancellation.
Its one thing to not be thrilled about masks but its another to be anti mask going somewhere that is likely to require masks and not for a quick trip in a store but possibly a long wait in a line.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

We cancelled 2 2020 trips not over masks, but the reason we wear them

we did go June of this year right after they changed to “inside areas” only for masks, which was fine for us!

with things (that were ) getting better we decided in June to go ahead with our November 2 week trip. Now, not so sure.

not about masks- i still can’t understand the problem with them…it’s always about the reason we have to wear them.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We cancelled 2 2020 trips not over masks, but the reason we wear them

we did go June of this year right after they changed to “inside areas” only for masks, which was fine for us!

with things (that were ) getting better we decided in June to go ahead with our November 2 week trip. Now, not so sure.

not about masks- i still can’t understand the problem with them…it’s always about the reason we have to wear them.

The only reason I REALLY dislike masks is that I can't find one that does not fog my glasses.
When my glasses are fogged it makes my visual disability even more of a hazard.
I found that in certain situations like just after finishing a ride they would fog terribly probably due to the sudden drop in air circulation.
For example as we walked out of the ride area for FOP we had to walk down several flights of stairs and I pulled my mask down because my glasses were so fogged I couldn't see the stairs.
On a few occasions I had to remove my glasses and rub them on my shirt because the fog wouldn't go away even after taking off the mask outside.
I do admit though that it wasn't as inconvenient as I anticipated.

I do not blame anyone that chooses not to go due to the spread but at the same time personally my entire family is vaccinated and we all plan on getting the booster and therefore feel safe to travel. In fact when I go in November my parents will also be making their way down for their annual 2 week Thanksgiving trip. They did not go last year but feel fine about it this time around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom