Now that indoor masking is back are you cancelling your next trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
If so what were your dates?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.

Last edited:

JohnD

Nope, still going. I'm vaxxed AND have no problem wearing my mask. Frankly, I wish Disney would just make it mandatory to be vaccinated to come in to the park. They keep their employees safer, minimize the risk and can stay open. It may even push some folks to get the vaccine just to go to the park. It's your choice NOT to get vaccinated but it's my choice to support those businesses even more who want to keep us safe.

I’ll wear the mask if that is their rule. I’m a paying customer. I’ll abide by their rules for entry into a park. I’m vaxxed too but I don’t have to like it.

They can do mandatory vaccinations if they want as a private company but I don’t see that happening from theme parks that obviously rely on guest revenue. It’s a different issue when mandated by a government as is happening in NYC. That’s outside the scope of this thread so I’ll stop there.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.
It’s 99% talk…some at least have really poor reversals/excuses to entertain though👍🏻

Upvote 0

Deanieb59

Me too-lots of talk I think. Like all the celebrities leaving the country if Trump won---talk talk talk. Anyway we're going in Sept-13-22. I'll wear the mask and do whatever. I look at it this way-any day in Disney World, even wearing a mask, is better than any day in Rhode Island not wearing a mask.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I have a friend I plan to meet that might skip one of their two trips if having to mask. They have the freedom to come back and relax and would like it when life is calm (medical worker). I told them I'd move if they wanted to. I get it. I did do a June trip in masks and it was fine. I have a one day in and out for an AP Ratatouille that we planned this week. The one in November will only be if people want to shift but it's a quick one for me. Next year is as normal no matter what. Masks or not, we're good.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Nope but I never really stopped indoor masking especially in crowded places, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Actually I have a trip planned for Greece/Greek islands next year mid 2022. I'm actually more nervous about that than the world

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Me too-lots of talk I think. Like all the celebrities leaving the country if Trump won---talk talk talk. Anyway we're going in Sept-13-22. I'll wear the mask and do whatever. I look at it this way-any day in Disney World, even wearing a mask, is better than any day in Rhode Island not wearing a mask.
RI is not Disney World but visiting there is actually nice, ( Providence, Newport etc ).

Upvote 0

SammyMF

This is very selfish of me to say with all the people getting sick.

I am 50/50 on whether or not to cancel. My last real vacation was three years ago, partly because of Covid, so I can wait longer if need be. That would mean eating the cancellation fees and such. But if WDW starts closing some things down I will have to rethink things. I was also looking forward to Boo-Bash and all the things planned for it. Also the whole Star Wars area and rides.

I dont feel particularly unsafe so long as everybody there does their part, including the general public outside the property, and doesnt ignore the problem. Nobody that thinks they are exempt because of vaccinations or the bull about 'freedom' and being 'infringed'. The stupid government political fights doesnt help. We had to deal here and there with right-wing customers at work that bought into all of that. They were a real pain in the , a couple of which threatened physical violence to other employees. One guy called an employee a term that I cant say here... think of a physical act that would please a rooster... right in front of his child.

Masks. Reasonable distancing. And basic hygiene. Had to do masks and distancing every day on the job since May or so of last year. Hygiene is SOP. The big mask shortages affected that in the beginning. I still am until further notice. So no big deal having to wear those indoors or in lines etc. Just get one that is fashionable. No different than me wearing a hat so I dont get sunburned on my head. However 6 feet in a place like that I would think most of the time is pretty much impossible with the crowds, lines, and crowded seating. I dont really know how all of this affected guest experience and simple park operations for them.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We have cancelled two trips so far when full masking was required and decided to go when they were just required indoors. That being said, I don’t think we will go back until masks aren’t required indoors or outdoors. It isn’t an anti-mask/ anti-vaccination thing. We aren’t anti mask at all and each member of our family has been vaccinated as soon as they became eligible. 3 of the 4 of us wear masks at work. It’s just that we have been plenty of times and will be plenty more. We would all prefer to enjoy the parks in the way we have always loved. Once it’s deemed safe enough to do so without masks, we will be going back. Currently have two trips booked for 2022 and hope to be able to enjoy both of them. We just cancelled a Sept ‘21 Disneyland trip.

Upvote 0

PirateFrank

On the fence. I’m very angry about the retreat on the policy, We’re going in late December, so I have time before I make a decision. However, if I am forced to wear a mask on my vacation….I may make a concerted effort to spend less money while in wdw and it will be a very long time until I return.

Upvote 0

Cajun

Cancelled two trips so far because its too hot for me with the mask. Will try again when the temps go down and maybe the masks go away again.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
We canceled. Made the decision a few days before the mask reinstatement though. Just didn’t feel comfortable with the rise of Delta. We have a baby and a toddler who cannot be vaccinated yet, or masked well. Heartbreaking, as once things seemed to be on the up at the beginning of summer, we let ourselves believe it was actually going to happen, but we know we made the right decision for ourselves.
We are going in March and our baby will be 11 months by then. We are gonna make a game time decision just like you since she can't get vaccinated. So sorry about your trip.

Upvote 0

SammyMF

Quite a few either cancelled or rescheduled because of family and especially kids. Perfectly understandable and the right call. But to those that did cancel for that reason, what if it was just you going. No kids. Would you still make the same choice? Or perhaps simply be on the fence and 50/50?

Upvote 0

belledream

We are going in March and our baby will be 11 months by then. We are gonna make a game time decision just like you since she can't get vaccinated. So sorry about your trip.
Thank you, I appreciate it! It was definitely hard but I spent more time agonizing over it and picturing the worst rather than being excited. Took me a week or so but I finally snapped out of it. Nothing is more important than doing what’s best for our children, and it’s just not a risk we were willing to take, personally.

Trying to refrain from falling into the same old trap of saying “hopefully things will be better by then” but all I can really do IS hope at this point. Wishing the best for you!

Quite a few either cancelled or rescheduled because of family and especially kids. Perfectly understandable and the right call. But to those that did cancel for that reason, what if it was just you going. No kids. Would you still make the same choice? Or perhaps simply be on the fence and 50/50?
I wish I could say yes, but I’m not enough of a risk taker to play around with Delta. Plus, the crowds actually seem pretty terrible right now. To the point it wouldn’t be worth it. But that’s just me.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I would be happy as a vaccinated adult to go and mask. As is, we're supposed to go to Disneyland this fall and are watching things closely because I have a kiddo under 12. I probably wouldn't take her to Florida right now.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
is there any evidence of mass cancelations?
I don’t know about mass cancellations.

I do know that Hotwire have some massive discounts for the Yacht Club for September. Possibly a convention that isn’t now happening …, not sure. Could just be people switching to the other resorts that are re-opening, like POR / POFQ or AKL for example.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom