Now that indoor masking is back are you cancelling your next trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
If so what were your dates?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I highly doubt there are any “mass cancellations” due to masks. That’s 99% bluster:

I do believe they will have “softer bookings” for some time due to delta.

Florida is an absolute mess and we are in the hottest month of the year. It’s still nuts that that reality is being twisted as it is. But expectations are always low 🙄

Upvote 0

Deanieb59

I don’t know about mass cancellations.

I do know that Hotwire have some massive discounts for the Yacht Club for September. Possibly a convention that isn’t now happening …, not sure. Could just be people switching to the other resorts that are re-opening, like POR / POFQ or AKL for example.
ok-gotcha

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Anecdotally, I've seen several people drop off the August 2021 "trip club" board on another forum as they canceled or postponed their trips over the last 2-3 weeks. As @Sirwalterraleigh suggested, however, the reasons they've given have far more to do with health-related concerns about the current surge of the Delta variant - particularly for those who had unvaccinated or otherwise vulnerable people in their traveling party - than they do with having to wear masks because of it.

Upvote 0

sup

masks are nearly as big a problem as what Chapek is deciding about fastpass. 20 bucks a ride per person I will be going someone, anywhere else. He needs to tell us already.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
masks are nearly as big a problem as what Chapek is deciding about fastpass. 20 bucks a ride per person I will be going someone, anywhere else. He needs to tell us already.
As long as attendance is acceptable…and I believe it is…they are more strategic thinking by not dropping that detail yet.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

YES. DVC, banking points, canceling NOV 2021 at 32 days, on OCT 7, if this sticks. Waiting to see what the Governor does.

No room loss, as we can Cancel without penalty at 32 days.
We were fortunate enough to get NEW Gold Passes, un-activated, good to first use up to 2031. No Ticket loss.
Air? MAY loose $199 from Delta - our flights have been moving since 2020, and I would not blame them :(.

Just MY family - we are already booked for APR 2022. Looking forward to a vacation - not a survival exercise. No XMAS party, few Restaurants, no ME, no FP, effectively no 50th - masking was the proverbial straw :(.
It’s too bad to cancel your trip over masking but I defend your right to do so.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

I did a 5-day solo visit to WDW last September when masks were required indoors and out. The lack of crowds reminded me of what things were like there back in the 70s - it was great!

I don't have any reservations yet but some relatives want to meet me there again in mid-October for a week. I am very tempted to go back if the crowds are like they were when I went last year. I didn't think I'd ever experience anything like that again but Mickey is beckoning me to come back.

Mask mandates or other restrictions will not keep me away. I used to have to wear a mask and safety glasses at work 12 hours per day so I'm used to it.

For anyone who has been to WDW lately, what are the crowds like? I tried to find a thread on that discussion but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I did a 5-day solo visit to WDW last September when masks were required indoors and out. The lack of crowds reminded me of what things were like there back in the 70s - it was great!

I don't have any reservations yet but some relatives want to meet me there again in mid-October for a week. I am very tempted to go back if the crowds are like they were when I went last year. I didn't think I'd ever experience anything like that again but Mickey is beckoning me to come back.

Mask mandates or other restrictions will not keep me away. I used to have to wear a mask and safety glasses at work 12 hours per day so I'm used to it.

For anyone who has been to WDW lately, what are the crowds like? I tried to find a thread on that discussion but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Unfortunately from trip reports and wait times, it does not sound like the crowds are as small as last Sept.

Upvote 0

jonnyc

Not because of masks, but the UK keeps getting jerked around in terms of when they're even going to be allowed to come into the country.

Ditto. I was booked for October this year, but given that the UK got put back on the US "do not travel" list a few weeks ago I don't think you guys will be letting us in any time soon. So I decided to move it now and not have the stress of moving it last minute.

I have optimistically pushed it back to January next year, but I'm fully expecting to have to push it back again to late 2022.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Yep. Canceled our August 22 trip last week. Don't mind the mask part, but just cannot justify vacationing in one of the Covid capitals of the world. Our small town/rural area has seen 100 positives since Aug. 2, so I can't even imagine what the Orlando area must be like. (update:) We decided to rebook for end of Sept. Just gotta get some use out of the AP's before they expire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wiredforflight

I am very much on the fence about canceling our Aug 28th trip. Has nothing to do with masks but 100% to do with why masks are needed. I flew a lot with a mask on as a CFI for flight training so have zero issues on wearing a mask. It’s all the covid #s for me.
The covid #s in FL are 5x higher than here in WI. Even though we are vaccinated there is a strong worry about pickup up delta (yes I do know that the % chance of having a real issue is low) We are giving it one more week and then we will make up our mind. Sucks because this would be the 3rd trip (two where when parks where closed) that we lost out on.

Upvote 0
E2bFyTdWQAkOqyt.jpeg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom