• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Now that indoor masking is back are you cancelling your next trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Well-Known Member
In the Parks
No
I've seen an awful lot of chatter on various sites of people cancelling but I wonder if its just talk.
Anyone on here actually cancelling their upcoming trip purely due to having to mask up indoors again?
Or anyone cancelling due to no longer feeling comfortable going due to rising cases?
If so what were your dates?
I have 2 trips coming up August 25-30 and November 18-22 with no intention of cancelling either.
 
Last edited:

Richie248

Active Member
I'm supposed to leave 3 weeks from today, 3 nights in WDW and 3 nights in Disneyland. As of now, I still plan on going (I'm vaccinated and I'm ok with indoors masks). Watching the numbers in FL and they are pretty bad (case #'s) and keeping my eye on # of deaths. If the numbers continue to get worse in FL, I may end up just going to Disneyland (and extend that trip). At this point it's all about what people are comfortable with.
 
Upvote 0

macefamily

Well-Known Member
I would not. Our next planned trip is sometime in September, and who knows how that will be. We were actually there the weekend that they lifted the outdoor masking mandate. We went to Disney Springs that morning, and it was weird. I don't think it's going to be equally as weird going back to masks since we were all so used to it for so long.
 
Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Well-Known Member
Nope. I have two trips planned and paid for in December this year and June 2022. We went three times (opening in July 2020, December 2020, and June 2021) since masks were required and had no problems. We're all vaccinated too, but I have been wearing a mask while out and about even though the restrictions were lifted months ago.
 
Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Well-Known Member
We have a trip planned for mid-October. We’re planning to go, but if things get really bad in the next couple months we’re leaving open the possibility of canceling. And if we get there and the parks don’t seem safe we’ll hang at the pool.
The adults in our group are vaccinated and the kids are experienced mask wearers, but we’ll have 3 small people who can’t mask, so we’ll be extra cautious for them.
 
Upvote 0

networkpro

Well-Known Member
In the Parks
Yes
We're scheduled for September, December, and April and have no plans to cancel. Fully vaccinated and our last three trips were full masking inside and out so it's not much of a change other than the increased crowds.
 
Upvote 0

bee

Well-Known Member
Still going in a few weeks! We were going to mask up indoors anyway given recent numbers, so we certainly don't mind that everyone will be masking up! DW and I have both been fully vaccinated since April and we are not too concerned for ourselves, but we don't want to spread it to others and of course we don't *WANT* to get even a mild case ourselves. 😷:)
 
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Well-Known Member
We're going in less than 3 weeks and very excited. No way we'd cancel over something so trivial, and we might have chosen to do it indoors anyway when packed in close to others. (And like @bee we are all fully vaxxed, but definitely not interested in becoming a breakthrough statistic.) 🙂
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Well-Known Member
YES. DVC, banking points, canceling NOV 2021 at 32 days, on OCT 7, if this sticks. Waiting to see what the Governor does.

No room loss, as we can Cancel without penalty at 32 days.
We were fortunate enough to get NEW Gold Passes, un-activated, good to first use up to 2031. No Ticket loss.
Air? MAY loose $199 from Delta - our flights have been moving since 2020, and I would not blame them :(.

Just MY family - we are already booked for APR 2022. Looking forward to a vacation - not a survival exercise. No XMAS party, few Restaurants, no ME, no FP, effectively no 50th - masking was the proverbial straw :(.
 
Upvote 0

ArmoredRodent

Premium Member
Not cancelling, but as someone else pointed out, since our trip is months away, everything will be different then. Besides, we never stopped wearing masks (by choice), so it's no big deal for us. You just need to find masks you can live with. In my case, it's American-made NIOSH-certified N95s from Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Kleenex (actually, their research division KimTech), which feel like wearing nothing at all. But ... they are "duck bill" masks, with the fold sideways, so they look funny. And, like all real N95s, they require straps around the head, not the ears. So not for everyone.
 
Upvote 0

mf1972

Well-Known Member
we’re booked for the end of october. talking about whether we’re canceling or not due to the increase of new cases in florida. we are vaccinated, but don’t feel it’s worth it if things get worse. currently keeping an eye on the situation before making a decision.
on a side note, i’ve worn the duck bill N95 masks at my job. a lot more comfortable vs your normal N95 mask, & i still have some.
 
Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
I could be wrong, but I doubt the people who post here are the ones who will be canceling trips. Those who go several times a year can afford to have a trip or two be less than magical because they know they’ll be back for a better experience in the not too distant future. Heck, a lot of us are DVC.

I think the ones who will cancel (or not book in the first place) are the infrequent or once in a lifetime visitors who want everything to be perfect. Unfortunately for Disney, they constitute a very large percentage of their visitors.
 
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Well-Known Member
NO... We are vacced. We masked up at home and on our May trip. It wasnt enough of an inconvenience... even in the heat, to disturb us or affect our trips enjoyment. Having to bring our masks and wear them again isnt a deal breaker. Our follow up trip will go on as planned unless Disney decides to shut us out again. With all the hype going on, I thought Disney, like the federal govt, requiring employees get vacced might restrict non vacced guests for further assurance of safety. I know they at this point cant enforce this, theres still a percentage of vacced people contracting and spreading the new variant, and I also feel personal freedom of oneself making the decision of getting vacced is their right. But like some schools require certain vaccinations for kids to enter schools, this very well might be in the future.
 
Upvote 0

Rob562

Well-Known Member
Even though my state relaxed masking rules months ago, my employer is still requiring masks, so it's no big deal for me.

We're booked for HHN at Universal the end of October. Any added Covid protocols to the houses would be disappointing, but understandable. The masking isn't what would affect our trip, the Covid numbers are. If they stay where they are right now, we'd cancel. But for now we're taking a wait-and-see approach.

-Rob
 
Upvote 0

BubbaisSleep

Well-Known Member
Yesterday I had my first theme park experience since covid started at Universal Hollywood. It was a lot to get used to, but as long as wearing a mask outside is still optional I don't see us cancelling our December Florida visit.
 
Upvote 0

belledream

Well-Known Member
We canceled. Made the decision a few days before the mask reinstatement though. Just didn’t feel comfortable with the rise of Delta. We have a baby and a toddler who cannot be vaccinated yet, or masked well. Heartbreaking, as once things seemed to be on the up at the beginning of summer, we let ourselves believe it was actually going to happen, but we know we made the right decision for ourselves.
 
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom