Nothing coming in 2010?

I must be sad then, because I'm very excited about the pizzeria. :slurp: I can eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and amidnight snack so I guess that's not surprising.

Even though we aren't getting any new attractions this year, I have to admit that I would much rather have this maintenance renaissance. The parks are in desperate need of attention and the past few years have been a step in the right direction. Other than the pizzeria, I'm excited about seeing the holiday games for Toy Story Mania finally coming. I'm curious though, is the Tomorrowland Terrace dropping the noodle options during the refurb?

What did I miss here about TSMM?

Hobnail Boot

Lets see if I can put your mind at ease...

• The start of the Fantasyland Expansion
  • The closure of Star Tours to make way for Star Tours II
  • Continued work on Disney's Hollywood Studios, including the Backlot Tour, the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area and more of Pixar Place
  • New additions to the Toy Story Mania programming (holiday updates, Toy Story 3 tie-ins, etc...)
  • Continued beautification of Epcot
  • New pizzeria in Epcot
  • Revamped Mexican quick service to replacing Cantina de San Angel
  • New kennels completed by end of 2010
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Refurbishment
  • Continued expansion and updating of Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor script/options
  • Continued (progessing) work on Jungle Cruise
  • New Innoventions attraction
  • New Walt Disney World sponsor in Stanley Construction
  • Plus there are still many of the things that remain up in the air, like Captain EO among others.
Bolded it for ya.

DisneyParksFan1

I'm just giddy over the Stanley Tool sponsorship!

:ROFLOL:Hahahahaha!:ROFLOL:

That's hilarious! I mean there's so many things to be excited for in WDW but you get excited for this! Just goes to show how cheap TDO is. Haha. People like us are so used to having TDO not give us something quality, that we get excited for things like this.

BTW, what's the "continued beautification of EPCOT?" What's the "new kennels?" And did I miss something with the "continued expansion and updating of Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor script/options", and Innoventions and Jungle Cruise?

DisneyNut2007

• Continued work on Disney's Hollywood Studios, including the Backlot Tour, the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area and more of Pixar Place
  • New additions to the Toy Story Mania programming (holiday updates, Toy Story 3 tie-ins, etc...)
  • New pizzeria in Epcot
  • Plus there are still many of the things that remain up in the air, like Captain EO among others.

You forgot one item:

-The big rehab of Muppet-Vision 3D (converting the film to digital projectors, doing much-needed repairs, etc.)

MaxGoof7

I say what was coming in 2010. New Character meet and greets of Phineas and Ferb which is coming to Walt Disney World soon. Let's hope to keep Disney's UP character meet and greets for 2010.

PrincessLiz

We haven't been to WDW since Sept 2008 and are planning to return Jan 2011. Have they done anything with Princess and The Frog or UP? Those are two favorites in our house.

WDW1974

• New pizzeria in Epcot

C'mon, let's be honest. What you listed above amounts to nothing of substance. At least you didn't list planters and rest rooms ... although Stanley is close.

But, if you're looking to become a WDW publicity hack, a list like the above is a good way of calling nothing, something.

You should have added the DCL offerings and the free tix for volunteering to the mix too.

Oh well, back to Jack's afternoon.

Tip Top Club

In all honesty, all that kind of refurbishment stuff does need to happen, it should just ALSO be paired alongside at least one marketable new attraction.

C'mon, let's be honest. What you listed above amounts to nothing of substance. At least you didn't list planters and rest rooms ... although Stanley is close.

But, if you're looking to become a WDW publicity hack, a list like the above is a good way of calling nothing, something.

You should have added the DCL offerings and the free tix for volunteering to the mix too.

Oh well, back to Jack's afternoon.

This is nothing of substance, please, your just kidding yourself.

What would they have to do in order to be considered "substance" in your eyes? You do realize there is cost involved in all of this right?

the-reason14

From what I hear, there really isnt anything new coming this year. And to that I say so what! Its not like nothing at all is coming to WDW in the next 3 to 4 years. I guess nothing this year gives people here more of a reason to whine about and say how WDW has fallen off in the past few years. If you really see no reason to go, how about save money and go when the new fantasyland opens or when WDW gets its "substance" back. :cool:

techgeek

What would they have to do in order to be considered "substance" in your eyes? You do realize there is cost involved in all of this right?

I submit that "substance" should be considered something worthy of promotion on an I-4 billboard.

I fail to see how a new pizzeria and some construction walls will stop traffic.

I submit that "substance" should be considered something worthy of promotion on an I-4 billboard.

I fail to see how a new pizzeria and some construction walls will stop traffic.

So substance= big show stopping attraction then?
None of the stuff he listed matters in your eyes then unless its something big?
Makes tons of sense.

dvm258

Oh, please please please. Let's not bring back Captain EO. For everyone in my generation (especially those born in the early 90s) Michael Jackson is remembered for his, ummm.....oddities, and not his music. I really hope they keep Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Epcot. The preshow aside, it's a great attraction.

I see the return of EO as more feasible for DL anyway, and I'm sure that's why it reopened there instead of in Florida. While the film fits a Tomorrowland theme, I don't really think it fits the overall Future World (and Imagination!) themes as well as HISTA.

Tarzan513

For me...I think that because of the substance of things to come and the time and financial commitments to make that substance come to be, this next year will lack the substance because resources will be tied up in the expansion. But let's be honest here, they are not just doing nothing, they are working on some large projects, which simply take time to complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom