Not Good News for WDW

aladdin2007

Original Poster
MiceAge.com reports the following in its article 1/6: this is from about page 3 I think. I bolded certain parts here for easier reading regarding wdw. And I know some of you dont care for Al's articles but I find him much more in the know and correct than Jim Hill.

The Imagineers assigned to these multiple DCA projects can't believe the luck they had in getting all of this work approved and fully funded when they did in ‘07, as the economic crisis of ‘08 has literally put a stop to nearly everything once planned for Walt Disney World, and put up smaller roadblocks for Hong Kong and Paris. If the DCA plans had been just one year later in the pipeline, they too would have likely been halted or dramatically scaled back as has happened to all current proposals for Florida. Parks Chief Jay Rasulo, who is infamous for not being interested with anything to do with the parks, has left the DCA project firmly in the hands of top Imagineer Bob Weis and top Disneyland fan John Lassetter.
When it comes to the plans for the other Disney Parks properties, the Imagineering leaders there have less stature than those currently involved with Anaheim, and with money now very tight it's been a struggle to get their plans on to Jay's radar screen. Not a day goes by that the Imagineers working on DCA don't thank their lucky stars that it all worked out at least for them.

With the few refurbishment projects slated for Walt Disney World repeatedly slashed, yet continuing to gain approval by the skin of their teeth, the executive planners in Orlando have to now be content with a drastically scaled down rehab to Space Mountain and some more DVC units as their main recession-era offerings for the next few years. Even the plan for Walt Disney World to take Disneyland's old Parade of Dreams has fallen through, due to a lack of funding and political will from Florida.

So kinda sad, no mermaid, no new parade, or anything else worth talking about it sounds like. :shrug:​

djkidkaz

Al Lutz and Mice Age are DL fanboy fodder. I used to read his articles and then realized that he had nothing good to say about WDW and comes across as someone who is bitter that WDW is more popular than DL.

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Now that you mention it he did sound very negative about WDW. I didnt mean to post anything negative of course but it just sounded like he may have been correct this time, but your right he had nothing good to say about us. And thanks Enigma for a total positive response!! :wave: Lets hope so.

Tim G

as the economic crisis of ‘08 has literally put a stop to nearly everything once planned for Walt Disney World,
.... dramatically scaled back as has happened to all current proposals for Florida.
.... When it comes to the plans for the other Disney Parks properties, the Imagineering leaders there have less stature than those currently involved with Anaheim, and with money now very tight it's been a struggle to get their plans on to Jay's radar screen. Not a day goes by that the Imagineers working on DCA don't thank their lucky stars that it all worked out at least for them.
I know this is true, I know this is crap... crap made up by the WDC management...

They finally got the chance to build less and let their greed take over...
Crisis??? All week excuses... but this was their chance...

jedimaster1227

Don't believe the negativity. Great new rides are coming!:sohappy:

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our forum has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, you have been among its many passengers...

I'm looking foward to reading yuor comments two years from now when nothing new of any substance has been added and quality has yet again gone down. Will you still roll your eyes at everyone who says anything against the "Can do no wrong" corporation? Will you finally agree? Or will you still jump up and down and get excited over vapors and rumors.
Just to inform whoever it was who asked earlier in the thread the redo of Journey into imagination has been cancelled I just confirmed it with someone who works with WDI.
Heres news: NOTHING SIGNIFICANT FOR WDW FOR AT LEAST 4 YEARS!!!
I remember a few months ago certain crazed individuals on this site called me nuts for even suggesting there were economic troubles and that disney would be unaffected.

Thank the Phoenicians! :lol::lookaroun:lol:

Back on topic, yes it will be a slower year, but there are still additions and updates to be had. There is still much in the pipeline (most of it will begin prep work [if it hasn't already] in 2009), so while we may not see gatebuster attractions aplenty in 2009, we will see them progressively rise through 2011.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our forum has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, you have been among its many passengers...

Back on topic, yes it will be a slower year, but there are still additions and updates to be had. There is still much in the pipeline (most of it will begin prep work [if it hasn't already] in 2009), so while we may not see gatebuster attractions aplenty in 2009, we will see them progressively rise through 2011.

You make it sound like my quotes contradict each other

EPCOT Explorer

*grin*

That post worked on so many levels, Adam.:D

Enigma

Account Suspended
They do. :shrug:

Nope because Imagination is still not happening, nothing new or significant will be coming to WDW within the next 4 years.

But there are still great new rides coming such as that TRANSFORMERS E-TICKET being added to Universal Hollywood and Singapore

Concept Art:

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UniversalSingapore_Transformers1_8001.jpg

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UniversalSingapore_Transformers3_6001.jpg

and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Concept Art: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Coasting-Three-Broomsticks-.jpg

and the hopefully incredible Little Mermaid attraction and Carsland area going into DCA!

Concept Art: http://bp0.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/R4GY7NzpmXI/AAAAAAAAE4w/bpfxF4ujOZI/s400/little+mermaid+4.jpg

Concept Art: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/3089909825/in/set-72157610802721973/

But for WDW? nothing because management is too incompetent and when guests take there money elsewhere (even to other disney parks instead!) WDW can give all the discounts it wants but it will still be a stale world after all. While, we can see concept art, construction, and press releases of these grand new attractions being built all over the country WDW has nothing to show for it except for rumors :mad:

jedimaster1227

*grin*

That post worked on so many levels, Adam.:D

Thank you!

Though I don't think he got the point... :shrug:

Nope because Imagination is still not happening, nothing new or significant will be coming to WDW within the next 4 years.

But there are still great new rides coming such as that TRANSFORMERS E-TICKET being added to Universal Hollywood and Singapore

Concept Art:

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UniversalSingapore_Transformers1_8001.jpg

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_UniversalSingapore_Transformers3_6001.jpg

and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Concept Art: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Coasting-Three-Broomsticks-.jpg

and the hopefully incredible Little Mermaid attraction and Carsland area going into DCA!

Concept Art: http://bp0.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/R4GY7NzpmXI/AAAAAAAAE4w/bpfxF4ujOZI/s400/little+mermaid+4.jpg

Concept Art: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/3089909825/in/set-72157610802721973/

But for WDW? nothing because management is too incompetent and when guests take there money elsewhere (even to other disney parks instead!) WDW can give all the discounts it wants but it will still be a stale world after all. While, we can see concept art, construction, and press releases of these grand new attractions being built all over the country WDW has nothing to show for it except for rumors :mad:

Why are the Universal attractions even relevant to this purely WDW thread? Don't get me wrong--I'm a huge Universal fan and an avid watcher of all things related to their projects, but I don't see why you'd pitch those into a pot of other WDW attractions in the works.

As I'm sure there's no helping you figure out what exactly you're trying to say, I will give some simple advice based on what you have already told us about your opinions of WDW.

If the resort and its assets are so "stale" and you feel that you will not be renewing your AP for the foreseeable future, then take the time to enjoy the other parks, like Universal. I never really understood the logic that some find in trashing parks on websites like this if they have no further interest in visiting them. Me--I go to the parks once a week, every week and still find something new every time to enjoy. I'm not saying that is the case for everyone, but I find the magic anything but stale... Maybe thats why I'm here. So I ask you now, what is the point you want to make? :veryconfu

Enigma

Account Suspended
If the resort and its assets are so "stale" and you feel that you will not be renewing your AP for the foreseeable future, then take the time to enjoy the other parks, like Universal. I never really understood the logic that some find in trashing parks on websites like this if they have no further interest in visiting them. Me--I go to the parks once a week, every week and still find something new every time to enjoy. I'm not saying that is the case for everyone, but I find the magic anything but stale... Maybe thats why I'm here. So I ask you now, what is the point you want to make? :veryconfu

A fair question deserves a fair response.

The simple answer is that I care about the WDW resort and it upsets me that management has allowed the resort to rot ,become stale, walmarted, etc. I know some Disney insiders and members of the company read the forums on occasion and i want to make sure my voice is heard (as well as the tons of other people that complain about some of the things WDW managament has done...I dont know why I keep getting singled out of the heard) and that Disney considers improving the florida parks. I also want to make sure other disney fans have a way to send a message to Disney by not spending so much when visting, cancelling their APs, etc.

The other reason im here is to read and discuss things with my friends and fellow wdwmagic members. I enjoy visitng here a couple times of week to read the updates.

Disneyson 1

Who hacked Enigma for a few seconds?? That was weird... I guess I thought that you were contradicting yourself, but you DID recover... hmm... biggest mystery on these boards...

WDW1974

There is nothing on this thread that isn't being talked about on at least two others right now.

Al is right about WDW right now. There is nothing new being done.

There are many things in the pipeline, many that were on the verge of getting the infamous 'green light' .... but things changed when the economy went south.

Some of those projects will definitely see the light of day down the road, but others likely have been killed because of this.

The one thing you know for sure is that 2009 is going to be a slow year with barely anything new to draw people to WDW ... just another mindless marketing campaign.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
So the Imagination redo is also officially canceled, for now?
There has been some motion going on in the Imagination Pavillion itself, even though the revamp was never supposed to be on a grand scale. (Much to my dismay as a lifelong fan.) You will hear/see changes soon... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom