Not a joke Disney is thinking of a new park! (2003)

VILLAINSRULE

I just came back last week, and one of the bus drivers who is married to another bus driver said her husband went to a luncheon to celebrate his 5th year anniversary, and a member of management (she did not say who) was the guest speaker. She said the speaker unequivocally stated that they will be building park # 5, and it will be a Villains themed park, to compete directly with IOA. I talked to other cast members about this, and a few of them said they had heard the same thing, while others did not know. She said the speaker said it would consist of many thrill rides, because Disney is losing the 'tweens and teens and young adults to IOA, which if you ask any kid in that age range will more than likely say they prefer IOA to WDW parks. She also said there were other things coming down the road, and it was all in the works to be done by 2010. Well, all I can say is I hope it is true. I just hope if it is true, that they let the Imagineers do their thing and not try to cheap it out, which I think is what they did for the most part with Animal Kingdom, but I do think they are trying to fix the gaps in that park by adding new attractions and shows, so hopefully in a few years it will be a slam dunk park too.

Toy Trumpet

Just FYI... Last night on Channel 2 here in Orlando, AL Weiss was interviewed about his life, job, current attractions, upcoming attractions, etc.... One thing he said straight out was that WDW was not planning on opening a 5th park in the near future, but rather to continue working on getting the current four completely firing on all 4 cylinders (not Al's exact words). So, coming from the man himself, this rumor is just not true...Sorry if that upsets anyone, but personally I'd love to see Epcot and DAK being thought of as on par with the MK and Studios...

Aragorn22

Original Poster
They don't really need a new theme park anyway. Sure, it sounds exciting but we got four awesome parks of Walt disney world that could lasts us for a week. I would rather see the parks evolve with new attractions and shows. :)

TURKEY

Originally posted by Aragorn22
They don't really need a new theme park anyway. Sure, it sounds exciting but we got four awesome parks of Walt disney world that could lasts us for a week. I would rather see the parks evolve with new attractions and shows. :)

Can you make up your stinking mind? How many personalities do you have?

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by VILLAINSRULE
I just hope if it is true

Not to dis-respect your opinion but am I the only one who thinks this will be really bad? We have already seen that more parks divide attendance and don't make it increase.......... I would like more budgets like project Jimini has!!! We are getting to E-tickets in a 5 year period (M:S & Soarin' 2000-05) wouldn't it be better to keep doing these stuff first, make attendance rise then think about park #5?

jmarc63

So lets see the last five posts have contradictory information claiming that it comes from a reliable source, so that goes to show you that untill land is being cleared ,that there are no more gates to be built and thats just fine by me, I liked it better when there were three hotels and one gate ,MK. less crowed and no waits longer that 60 minutes

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Not to dis-respect your opinion but am I the only one who thinks this will be really bad? We have already seen that more parks divide attendance and don't make it increase

That sounds great to me! More to see, shorter lines. Your point's certainly true from a shareholders perspective, but as a guest, my wishes are somewhat different.

As a shareholder, I'd want the parks jammed full, people paying $200 per day, burgers $10, wait in line all day for one ride. As a guest, I want to pay $10 a day, get a burger for a nickel, go right onto any ride with no wait.

The balance is the trick, and when attendance reaches a level that justifies spreading it into a 5th park, I'm sure we'll see it.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by garyhoov
That sounds great to me! More to see, shorter lines. Your point's certainly true from a shareholders perspective, but as a guest, my wishes are somewhat different.

As a shareholder, I'd want the parks jammed full, people paying $200 per day, burgers $10, wait in line all day for one ride. As a guest, I want to pay $10 a day, get a burger for a nickel, go right onto any ride with no wait.

The balance is the trick, and when attendance reaches a level that justifies spreading it into a 5th park, I'm sure we'll see it.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see short lines but then the other parks would stay "messed-up" because WDI will concintrate too hard to fix another park!!!! I would love the next park after MGM and AK get more attractions!!! Disney Seas florida is my vote for gate #5!!!!

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by RPMdfw
In the very first post on this thread you state the a new park would be built in 2009 or 2010. Now you say it'll be built in 2020.

*Scratches head*

Which is it?

I have a strange suspicion that this would be the magical land of the 5' 6" Mickey Mouse.

Does anyone else think Maelstrom Rocks on this one?

Cool. Post pics.

:lookaroun

:lol:

Mag1575

I don't usually go to the water parks, since I spend most of my time at the theme parks, but I usually get excited when I hear that something new is opening at Disney.

Mark

Al

Disney will always be thinking of a new park.......doesn't mean it's gonna happen any time soon though :)

pinjim

Maybe the budget is being spent on the next theme celebration: "What will you spend your money on this trip!":ROFLOL:

Todd L

:D Disney is thinking of building a new Disney Theme park in 2010 or 2009 etc. They will be building Monorails everywhere in 2006 (rumors) and they will be building a new Disney cruise line, A New Disney resort, and finally a new Disney water park.
All I know is the new 5th Disney theme park will be built near disney's Wide world of sports. :sohappy: :sohappy:

2006 for the new monorails

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom