Not a joke Disney is thinking of a new park! (2003)

mr snrub

Isnt the new park going to have a villans theme? If that is true, i wouldnt be surprised on account of all the villans merch they are selling in WDW (almost EVERY store has villans merchandise somewhere in it)

how they would pull it off, though, thats a different story.

ToTBellHop

No one knows what any fifth park's theme will be--hundreds of rumors, but it is so far away, there isn't really a point in worrying about it...Disneyland will get their third park well before we get our fifth...(we...lol)

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
River Country isn't ever going to reopen as it was...I say just expand the existing two parks--that wouldn't require very many more CMs, but would greatly raise the capacities of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Add a few more slides and a LOT more beach chairs, and it'd be all good!

I wouldnt be suprised to see the expansion of one or both of the Waterparks announced in the very near future.

djmatthews

WDI will have plans no doubt for several parks, hundreds of attractions very few of them are ever actually built - so in theory there are always plans for new parks and attractions. I can't see another park being built for a while - as we have discussed money needs to be diverted into the 4 existing parks - parts of Epcot, 20,000 leagues area, AK etc etc.

I would like to see another water park - I love them - however how financially viable they are - I don't know. As far as resorts go - maybe another moderate should be built?

JaynMACP96_97_9

I wouldn't want to see DisneySeas replicated at WDW. I'd rather see the better rides/shows brought to the current 4 park layout.

Journey to the center of the earth- AK, although EE probably makes this a redundant idea.

20,000 Leagues-either brought back to MK, or developed at typhoon lagoon. I think incorporating attractions into the water parks is a direction they should go in.

Indiana Jones Adventure- either replace the Studios Indy show, or put in the AK.

Mystic Rhythms- a great show that is themed to the rainforest and would fit in well at the AK.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I myself think a DisneySeas copy with some better attractions would be cool. Just dont do Disney's Florida Adventure!:lol:

Adding attractions to water parks is a great idea. River Country re-opening would be nice too.

BUT before any new water parks or theme parks are built,the main areas which are slacking need to be fixed-

EPCOT (Project Gemini)

Disney MGM Studios (New name,many more new attractions,basically it's own Project Gemini)

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea area (either re-open it with a Nemo theme,or build the Mermaid Lagoon if DisneySeas isnt built)

Animal Kingdom (MAJOR WORK. Expedition Everest basically just wont be enough. Beastly Kingdom and Australia,and it should be fine)

Indiana Jones Stunt Show (DEMOLISH and build Indiana Jones Adventure)

Those are basically the hit list of WDW. They all need fix-ups before anything on a new park starts.

mr snrub

Originally posted by JaynMACP96_97_9

Indiana Jones Adventure- either replace the Studios Indy show, or put in the AK.

why put indy in AK when they already have Countdown to Extinction (i still refuse to call it dinosaur)

but heres some of my ideas

MK: A new E-Ride, maybe another mountain

MGM: make shows that are more interesting, and dont theme everything around ABC.

AK: make it easier to navigate around, and make it not so hot all the time (that is the reason a lot of people avoid AK)

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by mr snrub
why put indy in AK when they already have Countdown to Extinction (i still refuse to call it dinosaur)

Theming, but you're right its the same basic ride system as Countdown. But if you ever have the chance to get over to DisneySeas and do their Indy...man oh man...it puts Countdown to shame.

The entire ride building and grounds as are developed at DisneySeas fits in perfectly with the AK.

I think the present Indy Stunt Show works well in the Studios because its about creating a scene and ties right in with the overall park theme, way more than RnR and Tower fit into that theme. But i personally don't like it and i think if they were to put the Indy ride from DisneySeas in its place it would be in the name getting away from the original core theming of the Studios and more towards what RnR and Tower are slowly turning it into, which is a theme park with a split personality. But this new Motor Stunt Show is a good step in the right direction of bringing guests closer to the production of films step-by-step.

ToTBellHop

Theming, but you're right its the same basic ride system as Countdown. But if you ever have the chance to get over to DisneySeas and do their Indy...man oh man...it puts Countdown to shame.

The entire ride building and grounds as are developed at DisneySeas fits in perfectly with the AK.

I think the present Indy Stunt Show works well in the Studios because its about creating a scene and ties right in with the overall park theme, way more than RnR and Tower fit into that theme. But i personally don't like it and i think if they were to put the Indy ride from DisneySeas in its place it would be in the name getting away from the original core theming of the Studios and more towards what RnR and Tower are slowly turning it into, which is a theme park with a split personality. But this new Motor Stunt Show is a good step in the right direction of bringing guests closer to the production of films step-by-step.

But, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith are the best rides at MGM...I would LOVE to see more rides like them at MGM, and they deal with entertainment...RnR...well, Aerosmith is entertainment (no reason for Disney to limit itself to movies), and the Tower of Terror...wow...transports you into your very own episode of the Twilight Zone, complete with special effects. I think it fits in the park completely...this park is maturing beyond simply taking guests into the movies--leave that to the U place down the street to do poorly...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I think every land at Magic Kingdom should have their own 'mountain'. Think of it-Fantasyland gets Villain Mountain,and Adventureland gets something else. Itd be cool.

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
But, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith are the best rides at MGM...I would LOVE to see more rides like them at MGM, and they deal with entertainment...RnR...well, Aerosmith is entertainment (no reason for Disney to limit itself to movies), and the Tower of Terror...wow...transports you into your very own episode of the Twilight Zone, complete with special effects. I think it fits in the park completely...this park is maturing beyond simply taking guests into the movies--leave that to the U place down the street to do poorly...

Well, yes, i agree that ToT and RnR are really the only things that have kept guests returning for awhile now. But when you look at the core attractions (Backlot Tour/Indy/GMR/Sound shows/animation tour etc.)and the original concept for the Studios, they have nothing to do with it. They were simply put in to bring back patronage of the park, just as Test Track/M:S/Soarin are for EPCOT. Thrill=$$$ and Disney will acknowledge this anyday over theming and placement, as any profitable business would.

The only way ToT would fit into the theming is if they setup a special effects thing showing how they created some of the effects on the old tv show or anything about how things were done. But what exists now is just a basic theme park free fall that has been Disney-fied in the context of a single Twilight Zone episode, which is what most attractions at all the parks that involve theming directed by a show or film do.

RnR, doesn't have anything to do with the Studios. If anything, it should be connected to the Hard Rock Cafe over at Citywalk. The only connection to film that i can link Aerosmith to, off the top of my head, is Sgt Peppers and it doesn't have anything to do with that.

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
I think every land at Magic Kingdom should have their own 'mountain'. Think of it-Fantasyland gets Villain Mountain,and Adventureland gets something else. Itd be cool.

Yeah, that's a great idea!
:D

But they'd have to do it in a way that the castle still was the most recognizable image to do with the Magic Kingdom, despite it being known as "the range" or however else fanatics chose to coin it...

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by daksimba

New parks are always in "the plans" as the orginal plan for WDW had 7 parks planned. But it would be overkill right now. Besides, most of the plans have been to put Epcot into pretty much a new park (Project Gemini)

Can you list the 7 park plans? just intrested.

Anyhow here are my ideas:

MK -another mountain
Epcot- Soarn,Spaceship earth rehab, new country
Disney MGM Studios- Indy Adventure replaces Indy stunt show, Villian Ride,Great Movie Ride updated with new scenes.
Ak-E:E,Beastly Kingdom, austalia

mr snrub

The only way ToT would fit into the theming is if they setup a special effects thing showing how they created some of the effects on the old tv show or anything about how things were done. But what exists now is just a basic theme park free fall that has been Disney-fied in the context of a single Twilight Zone episode, which is what most attractions at all the parks that involve theming directed by a show or film do.

its like Millionaire-play it! It just puts you in an episode of the show.

daksimba

Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
Can you list the 7 park plans? just intrested.

They weren't specific. It was just Walt's envision for the "Florida Project" that 7 theme parks would exist there. I think the plan also called for 20 resorts, but we all know now that that wouldn't be enough for 7 parks.

Anyhow here are my ideas:

MK -another mountain

Matterhorn? Fire Mountain? Either would be cool. But I'm not really sure if this is what MK really needs. I think a more broad improvement would help. Granted, I'm biased, but I think more entertainment would make a big difference. More items like trolley. MK used to have tons of entertainment elements, and they have slowly drifted away. I think a return of them would really help.

Epcot- Soarn,Spaceship earth rehab, new country

Well, the E-tickets are defintly in the plans here, and should help. However, I don't want Spaceship Earth touched. I think people associate with it, and to change it would hurt. It's already bad enough that they removed Tomorrow's Child. :fork:

Disney MGM Studios- Indy Adventure replaces Indy stunt show, Villian Ride,Great Movie Ride updated with new scenes.

Ride CTX if you want Indy. They are the same exact track layout, just with different sets.

I think the ride department is fine their. They just need to update what they have. Star Tours needs a new film. Best to include something that involves the prequels. Great Movie Ride wouldn't hurt with some new sets.

What Studios really needs to do is bring back a firework show. Fortunally, this would require the removal of the stupid, dumb hat.

Ak-E:E,Beastly Kingdom, austalia

Give it up. Beastly Kingdom will never come. Everest will really help.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by daksimba
Give it up. Beastly Kingdom will never come.

err.. not to bash what you said, but I personally interviewed Joe Rohde and he said to not discount the idea just yet...

There have been some comments about the studios and theming...How would you theme an entertainment center...Does it say movie studio anywhere? MGM is involved in other aspects of entertainment rather than just movies...So just relax...Disney works its wonders on a lot of things...

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
There have been some comments about the studios and theming...How would you theme an entertainment center...Does it say movie studio anywhere? MGM is involved in other aspects of entertainment rather than just movies...So just relax...Disney works its wonders on a lot of things...

It's the Disney-MGM Studios--let's not forget Disney. Watch the Disney Channel. Movies, shows, music. Who is to say Disney Theme Park themes cannot be dynamic--I wouldn't want my parks to get stagnant. Epcot is completely changing its theming, the Studios is expanding its, as is Animal Kingdom...and look at Cali Adventure! Completely changing its theme!

kennyj29

I can't agree with the statement that TOT doesnt fit in. I think the premise of an old Hollywood Hotel that is haunted due to an unfortunate accident is a terrific idea and blends well in the theme park. RNRC maybe not but the TOT definitely!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom