Not a joke Disney is thinking of a new park! (2003)

nikechic

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
I think every land at Magic Kingdom should have their own 'mountain'. Think of it-Fantasyland gets Villain Mountain,and Adventureland gets something else. Itd be cool.

Then we can rename the Magic Kingdom.....Magic Mountain. HE HE HE.

Wait a minute, I think that name is already taken.:lol: :lol: :lol:

mattravels

I think that Epcot and the Disney Studios (MGM's gone...right?)...need the most work. If they could get a few thrill rides in these places. Like you guys said...thrills=money...you could spread the crowds out more evenly uncrowding the Magic Kingdom so much and giving all parks a better attendance. Also...I LOVE thrill rides. The studios is my favorite park out of all of them because of RnR and ToT. I love them. The thing that I love about them though is the themeing. Now I know RnR doesn't get it really until you get in the building, but ToT kicks MAJOR *** for the theming in line! Come on...disney has a way with making a thrill ride into an expierence. There's nothing more I remember than waiting in line through the old garden and looking up at the old tower and hearing the old songs. It's paradise...eh...kinda. h:lol:

dopey

I have it on good source that the next park will be themed around...(drumroll please)...plagues and epidemics!

Attractions will include Typhoid Lagoon, it’s a smallpox world (after all) and Ring Around the Cholera.

Wonder what mountain this park will have. :)

Personally, no matter how inviting Diseaseney World might sound, I think there's enough already to keep me and the kids busy for a good week or two.

mr snrub

i think a food themed park would be neat.

I'd ______ myself over candy mountain

EDIT: jsut in case anyone was curious/offended, i said P.

Aragorn22

Original Poster
All i know is the new theme park will be built near 2020.So we have plenty of time left to see the parks evolve with more new attractions and shows.
In my opnion, they don't need a new park, we don't even know what the park will even look like or be based on or even what are the rides. They already have four parks which is good enough for all of us to enjoy and be occupied for a week. But hey, maybe the park will turn out as wonderful, creative, and beautiful as the others. We should wait and see what Disney is going to do in the future. Maybe they will built a theme park.
:sohappy:

jmarc63

Originally posted by daksimba
They weren't specific. It was just Walt's envision for the "Florida Project" that 7 theme parks would exist there. I think the plan also called for 20 resorts, but we all know now that that wouldn't be enough for 7 parks.

Walt never had a seven theme parks in His plan for Disney World. When Walt and Roy officially anounced the project to the press on November 15, 1965 the plans were still being figured out by the Imagineeres. When Walt died on December 15, 1966 the Project was in doubt since faith was being lost in the wake of Walts death, and the bankers were sceptial that it would be a success with out Walt at the helm. If not for Roy Disney WDW would not have happened from what I have read, He pushed the project forward as a tribute to his beloved brother. It was the Imagineeres with roy that came up with what we have today, as well as the new plans Eisner developed after he took the helm. If walt would have lived WDW would be a diffrent place from what we have today, and it was to be called just "Disney World" Walt would have built E.P.C.O.T, or as much as he could from the original concept plans. Roy was the one that wanted to call the Floridia Walt Disney World as a tribute to Walt.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by daksimba
They weren't specific. It was just Walt's envision for the "Florida Project" that 7 theme parks would exist there. I think the plan also called for 20 resorts, but we all know now that that wouldn't be enough for 7 parks.

Matterhorn? Fire Mountain? Either would be cool. But I'm not really sure if this is what MK really needs. I think a more broad improvement would help. Granted, I'm biased, but I think more entertainment would make a big difference. More items like trolley. MK used to have tons of entertainment elements, and they have slowly drifted away. I think a return of them would really help.

Well, the E-tickets are defintly in the plans here, and should help. However, I don't want Spaceship Earth touched. I think people associate with it, and to change it would hurt. It's already bad enough that they removed Tomorrow's Child. :fork:

Ride CTX if you want Indy. They are the same exact track layout, just with different sets.

I think the ride department is fine their. They just need to update what they have. Star Tours needs a new film. Best to include something that involves the prequels. Great Movie Ride wouldn't hurt with some new sets.

What Studios really needs to do is bring back a firework show. Fortunally, this would require the removal of the stupid, dumb hat.

Give it up. Beastly Kingdom will never come. Everest will really help.

You didn't have to be so mean about it it was just my two sence on what ehould help.

Brooke

On the news today Al Weiss was interviewed. He said they definately weren't thinking of making any new parks. They are just working on the ones they have.

(sorry if this was already posted)

Aragorn22

Original Poster
:D All I know is for a fact they are going to build a new disney cruise line called "Disney Dream" at least somehting like that. And soe rumors have been going on about a monorail expansion in 2007. I hope in the future there will be more shows and attractions. :sohappy: :sohappy:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Aragorn22
:D All I know is for a fact they are going to build a new disney cruise line called "Disney Dream" at least somehting like that. And soe rumors have been going on about a monorail expansion in 2007. I hope in the future there will be more shows and attractions. :sohappy: :sohappy:

I'll be blunt and say it. I don't believe you.

I want a concrete source. A name perhaps, or a title. I want some proof that you aren't just lying and leading people on.

PhotoDave219

Whoa, smells like Cow Patties. Looks like cow patties.

*touches with stick*

Yup, since there's no source given, looks like 100% Grade A pure Bull****!

Enderikari

Yes, but they still close each Water Park for at least a month each year. This is bad business prcatice, esp. when you have to shift the castmembers you work at each location to new locations

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Enderikari
Yes, but they still close each Water Park for at least a month each year. This is bad business prcatice, esp. when you have to shift the castmembers you work at each location to new locations

Water parks have to be refurbished each year just like the rides (rides aren't ALWAYS refurbished yearly, but they all run on their own refurbishment schedule). They do this during the cool winter months because they aren't as popular then anyway--most locals do not swim when high temps don't reach 70 or 75º...closing one water park at a time certainly is nothing new, although these past few years, they have been closing them longer and longer...closing Blizzard Beach through Spring Break this year was a bit excessive.

As for Disney building a park by 2020...you are probably right that there will be a new park SOME TIME in the next 17 years...how you can confirm projects 17 years in advance is beyond me--Disney will change projects last minute, sometimes even after clearing has begun, so any prediction 17 years in advance is pretty meaningless to me...

kennyj29

Disney Dream

I wouldn't say that was untrue only because when we went on the cruise in 2000, we were talking to some of the workers and they had mentioned to us about a ship in the future called Disney Dream which was supposed to take up a different carribbean route. We had mentioned it to the captain when we saw him and he said "who said that"? I told him one of the workers on the ship. He said "I've never heard it" but he was perturbed about it also and the name "Disney Dream" was used then also. We were told in the next 6 years it would be buillt.

JimiThing1

Originally posted by JaynMACP96_97_9
Theming, but you're right its the same basic ride system as Countdown. But if you ever have the chance to get over to DisneySeas and do their Indy...man oh man...it puts Countdown to shame.

The entire ride building and grounds as are developed at DisneySeas fits in perfectly with the AK.

I think the present Indy Stunt Show works well in the Studios because its about creating a scene and ties right in with the overall park theme, way more than RnR and Tower fit into that theme. But i personally don't like it and i think if they were to put the Indy ride from DisneySeas in its place it would be in the name getting away from the original core theming of the Studios and more towards what RnR and Tower are slowly turning it into, which is a theme park with a split personality. But this new Motor Stunt Show is a good step in the right direction of bringing guests closer to the production of films step-by-step.

Actually the whole branding of the park was changed slightly a few years ago. It went from just strictly a park themed to films to incorporating all aspects of the entertainment industry (ie film, television, music, radio, and stage). Even the parking lot sections changed with this new branding. The new tagline that was introduced for this change is "Where Showbiz Is". And you can see this with all the attractions offered:

TV: Tower, ABC Sound Studio, ABC Comissary, 50's Prime Time, Millionaire, Muppets
Film: Star Tours, Indy, Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Animation Tour
Stage: Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Playhouse
Music/Radio: RnRC, Radio Disney

I personally like this concept of adding all areas of the entertainment industry because nowadays everything just isn't about movies.

josh_e_washie

I must agree about the change that MGM has made in the past years (or is it just Disney Studios???). I think opening the door to more possibilities than JUST film has really made the park progress. I think it all started with ToT. I have one question, though...which is really straying from the original purpose of this post...but why did they put RnRC so close to ToT...approximately half of the park's attendance flocks to this area and misses all the rest of the park...

P.S. DOWN WITH THE SORCERER MICKEY HAT!!!! AHHH!!!!:lol:

wdwfan65

Banned
As Walt said himself Disney World will always be changing and expanding and will never be done.As much as I hate to see some attractions leave I'm sure if Walt the visionary would have changed most of the classic rides by now anyway.He loved the future and new technology I'm sure if he knew in 2003 they still had the plywood cutout rides he would be outraged.Yes I fear change in WDW but it has to happen,so lets sit back and watch what the imagineers have instore for us,new rides or parks.Lets just thank that luckey star this place is here for us to all enjoy.FYI Walt Disney World was only built for me,I only let you people in because I'm a nice guy,so quit your complaining.:lol:

RPMdfw

All i know is the new theme park will be built near 2020.So we have plenty of time left to see the parks evolve with more new attractions and shows.
In my opnion, they don't need a new park, we don't even know what the park will even look like or be based on or even what are the rides. They already have four parks which is good enough for all of us to enjoy and be occupied for a week. But hey, maybe the park will turn out as wonderful, creative, and beautiful as the others. We should wait and see what Disney is going to do in the future. Maybe they will built a theme park.
:sohappy:

In the very first post on this thread you state the a new park would be built in 2009 or 2010. Now you say it'll be built in 2020.

*Scratches head*

Which is it?

I have a strange suspicion that this would be the magical land of the 5' 6" Mickey Mouse.

Does anyone else think Maelstrom Rocks on this one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom