Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwgreek

There's a demand and capacity issue with the tiers. With Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around The World, both rides should have additional capacity from their predecessor with Soarin' being more dramatic. We all anticipate ridiculous demand for Frozen Ever After, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Soarin's wait time will likely drop because capacity is increased so much.

Here's the current breakdown:

Tier 1
Illuminations
Living with the Land
Mission: SPACE
Test Track
Soarin'

Tier 2
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey Into Imagination
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

Prior to Maelstrom closing, it and Mission: SPACE were in Tier 2. I could see this playing out a few different ways, but my best guess would be the following:

Tier 1
Illuminations
Test Track
Frozen Ever After
Soarin' Around the World

Tier 2
Everything Else

I could see Soarin' Around the World moving to Tier 2, or eliminating tiers entirely, but I'm guessing at the outset they won't do that. Soarin' Around the World is a decent enough Fastpass+ carrot to dangle to those guests that can't get a Frozen Ever After Fastpass.

I have also heard the possibility of additional days of Morning Extra Magic Hours at Epcot should the Frozen Ever After capacity/demand issue be the problem many of us anticipate.

Your prediction will spread out the crowds well, with Frozen's abysmal capacity and soaring's supersized capacity and new film and a fresh (wish) Tronish test track, picking just one will be hard. Thrill seekers will go to test track, families to Frozen, and everyone who wishes they could get forzenwill fulfill Soaring's increased capacity.

wdwgreek

I am interested to know if Frozen will be open at 9 am with future world or at 11 with the rest of world showcase. Anyone know?

Daannzzz

So do you think that since they have torn the rockwork away from the opening that they will be molding and painting it to look like...ice or snow?

aladdin2007

So do you think that since they have torn the rockwork away from the opening that they will be molding and painting it to look like...ice or snow?

since the lower half portion of rocks are still in place, hard to say. but its def going to look different and be a different facade.

RSoxNo1

Your prediction will spread out the crowds well, with Frozen's abysmal capacity and soaring's supersized capacity and new film and a fresh (wish) Tronish test track, picking just one will be hard. Thrill seekers will go to test track, families to Frozen, and everyone who wishes they could get forzenwill fulfill Soaring's increased capacity.
Soarin's capacity still isn't as high as other E-tickets. It should be around 1800-1900.

Goofyernmost

They open attractions when it's convenient for them. Disney tends to build very slow as they spread costs out over operating quarters.
No they don't spread anything over operating quarters. If it is an attraction the cost is amortized over many years. It doesn't matter when it starts up it's the same amount of depreciation spread out over years. It serves them no purpose, other then possibly cash flow, to intentionally take forever to build things. That is usually caused by indecision and changes that happen after the construction begins. That is where the bottle neck is. If they could plan an attraction and build it according to plan, it wouldn't take nearly as long.

Goofyernmost

They used to be capable of both.
That was before the "decisions by committee" became an operating method. When one person had the final say and had a hands on approach, thing had quality and were done much more quickly. Way to many chef's in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom