Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmUK

So let's see what Disney and Bob Iger come up with after 18-24 months for a new attraction for their biggest money making franchise since time began.

raymusiccity

Thats exactly the point of the construction progress threads.

Exactly why this might be an indication that there's not much of a pent up demand for this Frozen attraction after all.

It's puzzling why there aren't more 'over the wall' photos or spy shots of the actual ride under construction.

We almost had daily photos of the Tangled rest rooms, along with blueprints. Where's the love for this ride?!

Mike S

I'm going to Epcot tonight, so I will take pictures. I will quench the thirst, even if all I see is an ugly scrim!!
Due to work lights I was able to see into the scrim at night a bit. It looked like all the rock work from the fjord scene is gone. A terrible shame, I thought at least that would be able to stay :(

Cesar R M

So let's see what Disney and Bob Iger come up with after 18-24 months for a new attraction for their biggest money making franchise since time began.
I wonder if they will make a huge announcement like they did with the 7dwarfs mine train.

Exactly why this might be an indication that there's not much of a pent up demand for this Frozen attraction after all.

It's puzzling why there aren't more 'over the wall' photos or spy shots of the actual ride under construction.

We almost had daily photos of the Tangled rest rooms, along with blueprints. Where's the love for this ride?!

you really had to ask? I dont think anyone (except your casual disney goer) "loved" the idea of frozen in norway.

Phil12

I dont think anyone (except your casual disney goer) "loved" the idea of frozen in norway.
I beg to differ:
picstitch-197.jpg

PizzaPlanet

Due to work lights I was able to see into the scrim at night a bit. It looked like all the rock work from the fjord scene is gone. A terrible shame, I thought at least that would be able to stay :(
Do you mean the outer rocks with the waterfall? :oops:

RSoxNo1

I beg to differ:
picstitch-197.jpg

In all fairness they may not care much if it was a themed building in the parking lot.

Kids gravitate towards what they know. They know Frozen, they want to go on the Frozen ride. On the surface, they couldn't care less where it is. But proper theming has value. A child isn't necessarily going to get beyond the surface argument of, "I want to go on the Frozen ride", but subconsciously, that ride would be that much better if it's in an area that makes sense. Look at Little Mermaid in Florida vs. California. Florida has an excellent facade that adds to the guest enjoyment of the exact same attraction.

When a theme park is built with one intent and that changes, you can't just change it 5%. You have to do it 100%. That's why people aren't whining about Hollywood Studios overhaul, they're changing that park. In Epcot, they're changing that park piecemeal and it's death by 1000 paper cuts.

Otamin

Kids gravitate towards what they know. They know Frozen, they want to go on the Frozen ride. On the surface, they couldn't care less where it is. But proper theming has value. A child isn't necessarily going to get beyond the surface argument of, "I want to go on the Frozen ride", but subconsciously, that ride would be that much better if it's in an area that makes sense. Look at Little Mermaid in Florida vs. California. Florida has an excellent facade that adds to the guest enjoyment of the exact same attraction.

When a theme park is built with one intent and that changes, you can't just change it 5%. You have to do it 100%. That's why people aren't whining about Hollywood Studios overhaul, they're changing that park. In Epcot, they're changing that park piecemeal and it's death by 1000 paper cuts.
Very well said!

Cletus

Exactly! Like Otamin stated...very well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom