Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, I assumed that since he decided to call all of my posts "dribble" that meant that the level of discourse had descended to such a level of churlishness and immaturity devoid of any nuance or rational argument.
Some big words in there matey :D

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
None. The pavilions are a stylised, idealistic representation of each country.

Exactly, so I dont see why some take umbrage about having it say Arendelle which is based on the town of Arendal near Oslo. We're talking about bite sized easily digestible bits of culture of which in most of Europe is synonymous with fables... the "why" behind what transpires and is recorded in history.

Monorail_Red_77

I don't want more toonification of Epcot, but I'd rather have rides with toons than no rides at all. It's ridiculous how WS has so few attractions in so much space after all these years.

It's basically a pay to visit Downtown Disney / Disney Springs. Just a bunch of nicely themed restaurants and a few splatterings of circle-vision movies and a ride or two. Depending on time of day there are some streetmosphere viewing to take in as well.

I'm not counting the horrible lumberjack thing in Canada. (I heard Universal gave Disney a free license on some new entertainment with a Canadian flair).. LOL just kidding. But, yeah, bad move Disney on the Canada thing.

I think they can tastefully add rides to world showcase and it can still keep its identity in tact. Like with Mexico and Norway, the entrances can be in the back of the pavilion and not disturb the feeling of a given pavilion.

I mean lets just face it. No matter how hard we try to hold on, the 1980's are long gone. If you are not eating or buying in a shop there is not much else to do. Take in a quick movie in France, Canada, etc. Maybe a ride in Mexico or Norway.. oh, wait scratch that. Maybe take in a ride in Mexico.

We have our favorite places in World Showcase to eat or get a snack like most people. Just would be nice to do more though.
Maybe even have a ride that starts in one country and dumps you out in another.

But that's just my opinion.

DisDan

It's basically a pay to visit Downtown Disney / Disney Springs. Just a bunch of nicely themed restaurants and a few splatterings of circle-vision movies and a ride or two. Depending on time of day there are some streetmosphere viewing to take in as well.

I'm not counting the horrible lumberjack thing in Canada. (I heard Universal gave Disney a free license on some new entertainment with a Canadian flair).. LOL just kidding. But, yeah, bad move Disney on the Canada thing.

I think they can tastefully add rides to world showcase and it can still keep its identity in tact. Like with Mexico and Norway, the entrances can be in the back of the pavilion and not disturb the feeling of a given pavilion.

I mean lets just face it. No matter how hard we try to hold on, the 1980's are long gone. If you are not eating or buying in a shop there is not much else to do. Take in a quick movie in France, Canada, etc. Maybe a ride in Mexico or Norway.. oh, wait scratch that. Maybe take in a ride in Mexico.

We have our favorite places in World Showcase to eat or get a snack like most people. Just would be nice to do more though.
Maybe even have a ride that starts in one country and dumps you out in another.

But that's just my opinion.

Ohh a Roller Coaster around the World.... They could design a unique attraction that will start in one end of WS and transport you through all the nations in the WS. It doesn't have to be a thrill ride maybe just some thrilling elements but have it slow down in each world pavilion and showcase something from that Pavilion. Ok.. this will never happen but it would be pretty cool, IMO.

rael ramone

Huge lines. Which TDO will spin as wildly successful.

A potential scenario:

TDO at times had Toy Story Midway Mania as a FP+ only. Let's say they attempt to do this with the Frozen stuff.

Imagine a family who comes, spends 100+ per head because their daughter wants to go to the 'Frozen Park', and find out they can't do any of it *AT ALL* because they didn't tell the mouse they wanted to go there 60 days in advance.

I wonder how that will go over...

lazyboy97o

Exactly, so I dont see why some take umbrage about having it say Arendelle which is based on the town of Arendal near Oslo. We're talking about bite sized easily digestible bits of culture of which in most of Europe is synonymous with fables... the "why" behind what transpires and is recorded in history.
And yet that claimed link is never mentioned in a description of the ride. Is never needed to properly describe the film.

brb1006

So since the ride is coming and there is nothing we can do about it I am at least hoping it will be a cool ride (pun intended). I hope they will put some interesting animatronics in there.
Am I the only person excited to see the Animatronics for Olaf? They might look superior compared to Olaf seen during the Festival Of Fantasy Parade and the current parade in Disneyland Paris with the Frozen float.

Captain Neo

It would be cool if the lines become so unmanageable and frustrating that Disney adds a second show building and ride track like they did for TSMM and Soarin'.

Although I imagine if it ever got to that point Disney would probably just commit to an Arendelle expansion in New Fantasyland which they should have just done to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom