Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlins1

anytime soon no...lifetime.....stretch.....
With low capacity and so few rides nearby I don't think it is too much of a stretch. I never considered Maelstrom a walk on unless you hit it right before Illuminations. Now, if they add a few rides to WS maybe that changes.

alissafalco

Pretty safe bet that this ride won't be a walk on in most of our lifetimes
Hi everyone ... i'm new to all this. But is this what the new Frozen area in Norway will look like?

Tokyo-DisneySea-Frozen-Scandinavia-Port.jpg
This is what WDW should have done....<sigh>

matt9112

With low capacity and so few rides nearby I don't think it is too much of a stretch. I never considered Maelstrom a walk on unless you hit it right before Illuminations. Now, if they add a few rides to WS maybe that changes.

I don't have any sources but it's a safe bet EPCOT will see billions in some major park wide changes someday....it appears to be the norm after DCA and now DHS epcot will be by far the weakest park out of the Florida 4. Like I said no inside info just a basic economic based opinion.

Rescue Ranger

I still wonder what else Frozen will get? I'd be surprised if this is all they got. Though, I'm not sure where else they could put a Frozen attraction/land. Which is probably why they had to nix Maelstrom, as terrible as that idea was.

Personally, I think it would be smart of them to add an entire themed expansion to Blizzard Beach with Frozen. No reason why it has to be in a major park.

bhg469

Is that a joke?
Looks like others have answered your question for me but no, no joke. The Norway section itself will see more traffic than it ever had and most likely for the first year of its opening will be a disaster.

The ride system and track is exactly the same other than the load and unload will be the same area. The section where you used to unload will be an additional scene. I think it will be an impressive dark ride, in the worst possible place for it to be.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I think they should make the ride FP+ only. Otherwise you will have a good couple thousand people soaking up ac that could be out spending money....................

JourneysEnd

I think they should make the ride FP+ only. Otherwise you will have a good couple thousand people soaking up ac that could be out spending money....................
They did a test with FP+ only on TSMM. Anybody remember how that worked out? I imagine a lot of complaints.
From the number of people who have fits on Disney's FB page about "You didn't tell us we had to do these Fastpasses before we go to the park" It would help control the crowd in the beginning though.

matt9112

No, that about sums it up. It will be the same ride system and layout of Maelstrom, but with a Frozen theme. The Norway film will go away and the load and unload combined to make room for at least one more scene. Maelstrom has a pretty low capacity so long lines should be expected.

good news is fastpasses will be easy to get for soaring.....bet your a** this will be tier 1. and for all of our sakes everyone should hope its an absolute meltdown like mess....force Disney to fix it....the only thing Disney pays attention to is bad press.....3 hour lines for garbage....overflow crowding destroying guest traffic flow in world showcase...that's bad press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom