Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Swan

Do we know that there no alterations to the boat, track, and ride control for sure? I would guess some changes and upgrades were made.
I've been wondering this too. Initially I heard that there were no changes to the ride system, but more recently there have been posts about a "new" curve. Does anyone "know" if the backwards section will still be there, or did they replace the switchbacks with two (tight) 180 degree curves (I have no idea if the layout of the building would even allow for this)?

Brian Swan

What I can't fathom, like many of us have already discussed, is how are they going to handle the lines for akershus and frozen at the same time...I was there today and the pavilion was so crowded, including switchback lines for akershus using the courtyard, strollers parked all along the construction wall up to the stores doors...once frozen opens and the meetngreet, I just cant see this working at all, you would have to be mad to get in the middle of the massive crowd control problems to come. Too much jammed into one small area, its time for the princess dining to be moved out of there (something Norwegian please like it use to be) but thats not going to happen.
I've been wondering about this too. The new M&G will be in the "new courtyard", so that line will probably be contained there. I can see them wrapping the Akershus line around the front of the building, heading toward China. The would leave most of the current courtyard open for the ride switchbacks, leaving just enough room to access Kringla and Puffin's Roost. When the line exceeds the capacity of the switchbacks, I'm guessing that they will route it in the direction of Mexico, with a "break" in it (similar to the A&E mess in FL when it first opened) to allow access to Kringla and Puffin's Roost. The stroller issue boggles my mind and I have no idea how they will handle that. Maybe they should have built (a Norwegian-themed, of course) parking structure for all of them :)

gmajew

Placement of this ride is horrible!! Have said that since it was announced... Still hope the ride and experience is not horrible! I thought maelstrom was a horrible ride and never tier 1 for sure. I am not opposed to having characters in world showcase or epcot just in the right spots.... That allow the pavilions remain the focal point... In this situation Frozen deserved a much much bigger area!

Alejandro

I agree that Maelstrom was not the most high-tech ride, or had the most consistent story, but it did have two things that rally anyone's imaginations, Vikings and Trolls. It did have some awesome effects, like the three headed troll spell, and the oil rig was pretty amazing.
We don't love it because of the tech, but because of what it inspired, same way Mr. Toad's wild ride was mostly cut outs, but w loved the ride because of what it inspired.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
just curious does anyone know if they are keeping the part where the boats turn and go backwards down the falls or is this where they made some of the curve changes to allow it to stay straight throughout?

JohnWD

I agree that Maelstrom was not the most high-tech ride, or had the most consistent story, but it did have two things that rally anyone's imaginations, Vikings and Trolls. It did have some awesome effects, like the three headed troll spell, and the oil rig was pretty amazing.
We don't love it because of the tech, but because of what it inspired, same way Mr. Toad's wild ride was mostly cut outs, but w loved the ride because of what it inspired.
Don't get me wrong - we loved Maelstrom. But to me it was definitely a few steps below Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. I love these classics, and ride them regularly at DL, and I am still disappointed that they are not at WDW. But as far as Maelstrom, I'm fine with something new.

JohnWD

P.S. We tired of the original Mexico ride rather quickly. We were really pleasantly surprised by how much more fun it became with the addition of the 3 Caballeros! So now we ride it a couple of times every year. I'm hoping the new "Maelstrom" is similarly fun.

aladdin2007

if they closed up the rockwork opening (so its believed), how is the water going to flow out and what will the boats back up against? seems strange.

Bairstow

Don't get me wrong - we loved Maelstrom. But to me it was definitely a few steps below Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. I love these classics, and ride them regularly at DL, and I am still disappointed that they are not at WDW. But as far as Maelstrom, I'm fine with something new.

I know we're purely in the realm of subjective taste here, but your opinion intrigues me.
Can you elaborate on what you think made Snow White a superior attraction to Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom