Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
but it seems harmless to me now
Out of curiosity, what did you find harmful about it prior, that seems harmless now?

I'm sure that Disney is doing their best to make sure this ride is as good as it can be with the space they are given.
"As good as it can be" would be to have built it somewhere else. Please note I said built, as in from scratch. And to be fair, they were not "given" this space. They chose it. Of all the wonderful places and possibilities this ride could have had, they chose this. Either way, i is what it is. I was just curious what your thought process was.

Kate F

Out of curiosity, what did you find harmful about it prior, that seems harmless now?

"As good as it can be" would be to have built it somewhere else. Please note I said built, as in from scratch. And to be fair, they were not "given" this space. They chose it. Of all the wonderful places and possibilities this ride could have had, they chose this. Either way, i is what it is. I was just curious what your thought process was.
I wasn't too excited about this project (I'm still not really) and I had pretty negative feelings towards it for quite some time, then I just thought to myself "Well, it is what it is, Frozen is going to come into Norway and there is no use complaining about it at this point." By harmful, I meant that I was one of those people that thought Frozen was going to completely ruin the integrity of the Norway pavilion and World Showcase as a whole, and while I would still prefer that the project not be happening, I've tried to be a little more positive and think "Oh, it's probably not going to feel as flashy and out-of-place as I think it is. Maelstrom wasn't that great anyway, this might not be worth getting too worked up over." Basically, I'm just trying to be a bit more positive, thinking that it's not actually going to be that bad.

And as for the "as good as it can be" part, I know that they should have built it somewhere else, but I still want to have a bit of optimism that they can make it a solid attraction with the space they have chosen. I'm not expecting anything great, but it seems like the team is really working hard on it and I am hoping it doesn't feel as lazy as I predicted it would be.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wasn't too excited about this project (I'm still not really) and I had pretty negative feelings towards it for quite some time, then I just thought to myself "Well, it is what it is, Frozen is going to come into Norway and there is no use complaining about it at this point." By harmful, I meant that I was one of those people that thought Frozen was going to completely ruin the integrity of the Norway pavilion and World Showcase as a whole, and while I would still prefer that the project not be happening, I've tried to be a little more positive and think "Oh, it's probably not going to feel as flashy and out-of-place as I think it is. Maelstrom wasn't that great anyway, this might not be worth getting too worked up over." Basically, I'm just trying to be a bit more positive, thinking that it's not actually going to be that bad.

And as for the "as good as it can be" part, I know that they should have built it somewhere else, but I still want to have a bit of optimism that they can make it a solid attraction with the space they have chosen. I'm not expecting anything great, but it seems like the team is really working hard on it and I am hoping it doesn't feel as lazy as I predicted it would be.
Thanks for the response. While I agree that its useless to be upset about it at this point, I still remain hopeful that the rest of WS wont be "re-imagined" into a fantasy. I fear the masses and their "bored" children will win that battle though.

matt9112

I may be a small minority but I am looking forward to this ride. Hope to get more info on it soon!

i think everyone is looking forward to it in the sense that its something? people are just upset over placement/budget/scale/reuse of ancient ride system. but as an attraction? i dont think anyone is sitting here saying im never going to ride that once.

Goofyernmost

I think this has been said many times, not only for this, but for even stepping foot in Pandora at Animal Kingdom.
I'm not familiar with the movie, but, I'm looking forward to seeing it in the park. I'm sure it will be interesting and certainly different. Until I originally went to WDW, I had never seen any of the attractions. That didn't stop me from being impressed with them. The whole... my minds made up group, don't confuse me with facts, does get to the point of silly quickly.

Sped2424

I think it's quite different. Hans is the only villain (that i recall) where people didn't think he was a villain at first. When you go to a movie and see that person/monster that has neon signs and songs going "I am evil" people are used to that, even if they dislike the bad guy. With Hans, while he isnt by far the most evil bad guy Disney has made, he's the only one to have tricked the audiences to seeing him as a good guy + potential love interest, so people are more angry at him because they feel cheated.

Plus his end came through a punch. It's hard to reenact, say, pushing Gaston off a castle ledge or piercing a huge sea monster with a ship, but punching a guy is easy so there is slightly more chance a kid (or idiots) will try to repeat it.
If anything his personality leads him to be more liked given he can play up prince charming with kids. And plenty of villains have been punished in the film's and not seen kids renact those scenes. People love villains hans is no exception to that rule. And he appears to be one of the more popular aspects of the new frozen offerings in Japan.

Sped2424

But when's the last time you heard a little girl singing Out There or The Bells of Notre Dame?
That has nothing to do with anything. Other than Hans would be the obvious popular one of the two. But as I said villains are there for pictures people aren't going to be that daft and hate on the performer in aggressive ways. And if a kid wants to meet the character chances are they are going to smile for the picture.

Flippin'Flounder

That has nothing to do with anything. Other than Hans would be the obvious popular one of the two. But as I said villains are there for pictures people aren't going to be that daft and hate on the performer in aggressive ways. And if a kid wants to meet the character chances are they are going to smile for the picture.
What I'm saying is, kids aren't nearly as familiar with films like Hunchback as they are with Frozen. There are probably kids that will hate Hans if they see him, possibly thinking he is the real Hans.

wdrive

What I'm saying is, kids aren't nearly as familiar with films like Hunchback as they are with Frozen. There are probably kids that will hate Hans if they see him, possibly thinking he is the real Hans.

So kids won't hate Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Cruella, the Tremaines, Gaston etc? I'd say most kids are just as familiar with one or all of those characters yet there is no problem having them in the parks.

Goofyernmost

So kids won't hate Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Cruella, the Tremaines, Gaston etc? I'd say most kids are just as familiar with one or all of those characters yet there is no problem having them in the parks.
Yea, but they all started out mean and stayed that way. They didn't make them like him only to shatter their dreams and mess with their limited ability to judge people. There's a good chance that all the kids that saw that evil movie will now have relationship and trust issues that will require years of counseling to work out. How's that for drama!

Cesar R M

I saw it coming. I suggested as much to Hubby before Elsa even had her frozen tantrum.
I think the song was a huge giveaway. The guy was trying his best to "sync" with Anna, and they were clearly NOT compatible.
but my evil mind aside.. I seriously was like "omg.. he's gonna push Anna from the tall tower to her death!!".
and then the song...

Sped2424

And I have seen kids scream and cry at cruella, Gaston, maleficent, and even mickey mouse. Doesn't stop the characters from meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom