Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymusiccity

You're absolutely correct. You've got to be a willing participant and "buy into" the entire illusion. And as you point out, we all have different levels of willingness to participate in the theme or even appreciate the theme. And, of course, some people are more easily fooled than others and some people are more willing to be fooled. Being fooled can often be great entertainment!

I think the most famous story about theme in a Disney park revolves around a Walt Disney story. Supposedly Walt once saw a cast member dressed as a cowboy walking through TomorrowLand. The story goes that Walt was upset because he felt "the show" had been compromised and he was determined to change things in the future to preserve the show. Hence the utilidors were built at MK in WDW.

Of course, there are a lot of things wrong with that story, not the least of which is that Walt was dead when the MK was built. And I can think of several much less expensive ways to keep cowboys out of Tomorrowland. But the real point is that it is important to preserve "the show". Because, after all, the entire theme park is show business.

I often hear certain fans get all worried over the prospect that Disney might one day remove the steam trains from the MK and replace them with diesel trains as Universal has done with the Hogwarts Express. My assertion is that as long as they preserve the illusion of a steam train, who cares what fuel is used to run the train? They don't need to have an expensive steam boiler on those trains.

Therefore, what we're left with is that certain people just refuse to accept the change from the Maelstrom to Frozen using a violation of theme as their reason. In reality they've already decided not to accept it and they will refuse to suspend their disbelief for even a second and instead complain to anyone within earshot of the travesty that Bob Iger has wrought upon the WS.

For me, I'll continue to avoid the Tiki birds and the CBJ like the plague because for me they're bad show. However, I'll check out the new Frozen attraction when it comes on line. I honestly don't know if I'll like it or not. But I like Stitch's Great Escape over at the MK so maybe when they have the grand opening of Frozen, Stitch will make a visit and tee-pee the attraction.

Just a quick clarification. These wizards have pulled the wool over most of the eyes regarding the Hogwarts Express. It's ironic that some people argue that Disney shouldn't convert from steam to diesel, like the Hogwarts Express; when in actuality, Hogwarts is a dummy engine operating on a funicular cable system!! It's neither a steam or a Diesel engine :)
image.jpeg

lazyboy97o

If that lawsuit prevented him from being the park why is he still at the opening of Pixar films? Surely the lawsuit didn't focus on just the animatronic, if at all.

Because Pixar had a licensing agreement with Luxo. What it didn't cover was Disney selling lamps that are modeled and named after Luxo's core product.

Phil12

Just a quick clarification. These wizards have pulled the wool over most of the eyes regarding the Hogwarts Express. It's ironic that some people argue that Disney shouldn't convert from steam to diesel, like the Hogwarts Express; when in actuality, Hogwarts is a dummy engine operating on a funicular cable system!! It's neither a steam or a Diesel engine :)
View attachment 122326
Even better! This "need" for historically accurate machinery is a strange obsession. The whole idea is to pull off an illusion as with the Hogwarts Express.

JoeCamel

Yes, so I see, which he added AFTER I posted, he can, and has, answered for himself.

Don't like a lot of what he posts but I looked twice and do not see an indication the post was edited. Does not mean I am not blind but I don't see it was changed.

ABQ

Don't like a lot of what he posts but I looked twice and do not see an indication the post was edited. Does not mean I am not blind but I don't see it was changed.
Yeah, that's odd, I do agree, but I didn't omit that portion of his statement from my quote, yet it's not there and I know I didn't read it before I quoted him either.

RSoxNo1

View attachment 122326
The Hogwarts Express is a train simulator, it is not a train.

MaxxStephen

I'm guessing that the new building will be designed to architecturally be part of the Norway pavilion, but can anyone confirm this? We haven't seen concept art yet, have we? I suppose the look could be more Arendelle and less Norway, but I would hope that's not the case.

I agree 100% I still want to see and feel Norway itself. Hopefully some concept art will surface soon, and some construction photos in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom