Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

mickey v-neck

You cannot be serious. This is not a purposeful design choice to have the building look that way. This is poor planning at best, or at worst, a complete lack of concern for the show experience of paying guests in order for a select few to have a centered view from within the new dining room. If symmetry doesn't matter, why did it matter so much inside the club that it had to negatively affect the theming of the area?

Either way, Disney used to be better than that. Not to mention that they thoroughly destroyed the charm and brilliant design of New Orleans Square. An area of WED-era design that is often considered the pinnacle of Disney theming.

Bro, take a breath and collect yourself.

spiritofNorway

Have they started to train any ride operators yet?
Yes, they arrived in the middle of March I believe and have been working night shifts in the attraction as well as in Magic Kingdom if I remember correctly. A new batch of CRP´s (some of which has done a program in the attraction before) arrived a few days ago and are going to be ready for the opening!

Brian Swan

There will be a line of little girls dressed as Elsa which is obvious at this point. But if it's hot that day, then there will be alot of cranky children and expect some tantrums as your waiting.
And a bunch of frazzled husbands who get stuck with "place holding"duty while "Mom" is off with the "darling princess" meeting other characters in WS. I think the beer stand will be very popular. The "whole family" melt-downs are going to be epic...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And a bunch of frazzled husbands who get stuck with "place holding"duty while "Mom" is off with the "darling princess" meeting other characters in WS. I think the beer stand will be very popular. The "whole family" melt-downs are going to be epic...
Yep, the line jumping fights are going to be a very popular attraction in Norway if "Place Holding" is commonplace.

Jeremy Geertsema

Yes, they arrived in the middle of March I believe and have been working night shifts in the attraction as well as in Magic Kingdom if I remember correctly. A new batch of CRP´s (some of which has done a program in the attraction before) arrived a few days ago and are going to be ready for the opening!
It must be an exciting time in the Norway pavilion!

brb1006

Can't wait to see a future thread like Kittyrichards where a mother will complain about how "Unmagical" it was waiting in line for the Frozen attraction due to the long lines.

Rutt

As of Sunday, the landscaping on the Princess Hug Zone roof and mountain top ruins looks really beautiful in person... the Yellow wall looks OK...and the non running waterfall just looks sad....hopefully they will turn it back on...
We've been led to believe it will.

Rodan75

As of Sunday, the landscaping on the Princess Hug Zone roof and mountain top ruins looks really beautiful in person... the Yellow wall looks OK...and the non running waterfall just looks sad....hopefully they will turn it back on...

Princess Hug Zone...LOL.

The first time I saw the Yellow/Orange wall I was freaked out...but by the 3rd time I walked past it, I was kinda digging it. The whole area looks like they are going for a completely different vibe than the original Norway Pavilion...which is kinda sad. However, it shows some ambition in what they are trying to accomplish. Operational logistics and theme appropriateness aside, I'm a lot more open minded now about this area.

Sir_Cliff

The first time I saw the Yellow/Orange wall I was freaked out...but by the 3rd time I walked past it, I was kinda digging it. The whole area looks like they are going for a completely different vibe than the original Norway Pavilion...which is kinda sad. However, it shows some ambition in what they are trying to accomplish. Operational logistics and theme appropriateness aside, I'm a lot more open minded now about this area.
While the attraction itself goes against the original idea of WS, the inclusion of this new yellow facade themed to Bryggestredet in Norway does kind of fit with the original design approach to the WS pavilions which involved mashing vernacular architectural styles together. As far as the external aesthetics, to be fair to WDI, they do seem to have put a lot of thought into maintaining at least the appearance of a Norway rather than Frozen pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom