Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

mickey v-neck

Princess Hug Zone...LOL.

The first time I saw the Yellow/Orange wall I was freaked out...but by the 3rd time I walked past it, I was kinda digging it. The whole area looks like they are going for a completely different vibe than the original Norway Pavilion...which is kinda sad. However, it shows some ambition in what they are trying to accomplish. Operational logistics and theme appropriateness aside, I'm a lot more open minded now about this area.

Yeah the yellow wall is pretty dope.

jensenrick

While the attraction itself goes against the original idea of WS, the inclusion of this new yellow facade themed to Bryggestredet in Norway does kind of fit with the original design approach to the WS pavilions which involved mashing vernacular architectural styles together. As far as the external aesthetics, to be fair to WDI, they do seem to have put a lot of thought into maintaining at least the appearance of a Norway rather than Frozen pavilion.

Not only a lot of thought, but time and effort into the research. Not that it's a surprise, frankly.

A foolish mortal

f01.jpg
f02.jpg
f03.jpg

FerretAfros

Anyone explain this symbol? :confused: I got my own guesses, but maybe not what it's actually all about...
View attachment 145296
It's a symbol of the Trinity, which can be found in art and architecture throughout Europe. It's most frequently associated with Celtic designs, but given how much the Celts and Norse overlapped and influenced one another late in the first millennium, it's tough to say exactly where the symbol originated
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triquetra

A similar shape was carved into the railings in front of Cinderella Castle prior to its recent construction, with more of a French-gothic style
fanccr008.jpg

As much as I'm sure people will attempt to claim, it's not a Hidden Mickey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom