Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

DisneyRoy

I dont recall any soft openings with Mine Train..... or did I completely miss that? Thats what I remember anyways. I remember people telling me that there wouldn't be soft openings because of word getting out on the internet. Perhaps some CM only testing happened?

There were softs. They started before the 24 hour event or during the 24 hour event I thought that year...or I could be mis-remembering things.

MOM2FOUR

Yes, it was opened during the 24 hour event. We were told not to count on it, but made our way back anyway!

Was the 24 hour event literally 24 hours, meaning the soft opening was only available the day before the ride officially opened? Trying to gauge if I've got a chance on the 17th as there's no point in dragging four little ones back there when Epcot opens if it's unlikely the ride will be running.

dstrawn9889

Was the 24 hour event literally 24 hours, meaning the soft opening was only available the day before the ride officially opened? Trying to gauge if I've got a chance on the 17th as there's no point in dragging four little ones back there when Epcot opens if it's unlikely the ride will be running.
ok then, plan on it NOT being open for softs...

Next Big Thing

Yes, but it has been that way since Akershus is open for breakfast. So, even currently, you can walk along where Mexico and Norway are but there are ropes preventing you from going further along until 11am.

This new information means that all of Norway will be open at 9am (well, I would think the bakery and gift shop will be open if the ride and M&G are). Since that will lead to increased guests to the area in the morning, I think it might just make sense to open Mexico as well since it has a ride and the pathway has to be open to get to Norway anyway. Of course that would mean staffing that pavilion, which Disney probably won't be willing to do.
Yeah, I think after a bit Disney will realize they're losing money by not having the ride/pavilion open.

MOM2FOUR

I simply asked historically how long softs are offered. It doesn't appear you know the answer to that question. I'm sure I'm not the only guest out there disappointed as most of the events were to open in the spring, not the summer.

Next Big Thing

I dont recall any soft openings with Mine Train..... or did I completely miss that? Thats what I remember anyways. I remember people telling me that there wouldn't be soft openings because of word getting out on the internet. Perhaps some CM only testing happened?
Soft opening for SDMT happened on May 23rd 2014 during the 24 hour party. That was surprisingly the first day they decided to run the thing to guests.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Softs vary from attraction to attraction. They are not guaranteed, or guaranteed to stay open

Spaceship Earth 07 soft opened for a few hours. Then half a day the next day. Both times it was word of mouth or right place at the right time to ride. Then it stayed open for two months before the official date (it was a generous amount of time to finish the refurb)

I was told about Under the Sea in NFL five days before it soft opened. Social media got hold 48 hours before.

Softs aren't a given. Or they may happen for an hour then not for a few days. The only rule is they aren't guaranteed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom