Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

HouCuseChickie

Does anyone know if tiers for past passes will change? I assume this will be tier 1.

That's my big ?. I'm almost at the 60 day mark and while Soarin' will take top priority for me in terms of what I want to ride, I want to ride this too and will need to make some smart choices on which I suspect will have the longer wait if both are tier 1 and we continue to be limited to just one tier 1 for FP.

gmajew

That's my big ?. I'm almost at the 60 day mark and while Soarin' will take top priority for me in terms of what I want to ride, I want to ride this too and will need to make some smart choices on which I suspect will have the longer wait if both are tier 1 and we continue to be limited to just one tier 1 for FP.

This will have the longer wait not even a question. If you got only one day in the park I suggest arrive at open hit soaring and test track right away and have your fast pass for this ride.

chiefs11

I imagine this ride will have the longer wait due to its low capacity and expected demand.. My advice would be to FP this and then get there early and go straight to Soarin' for stand-by line.

HouCuseChickie

This will have the longer wait not even a question. If you got only one day in the park I suggest arrive at open hit soaring and test track right away and have your fast pass for this ride.

I imagine this ride will have the longer wait due to its low capacity and expected demand.. My advice would be to FP this and then get there early and go straight to Soarin' for stand-by line.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I really need to rethink my whole plan now since I wanted to do AK in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon...but maybe switching things around is in order.

gmajew

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I really need to rethink my whole plan now since I wanted to do AK in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon...but maybe switching things around is in order.

This is getting us to spend an extra day in Epcot though depending on the time of my fastpass.... Which is fine I love this park but think I will spend day here and then head over to HS for the star wars fireworks.

wdwgreek

So I'll be there on my trip that week, I will happily trade away my test track fastpases for Frozen, but game plan people! Is that smart of should I get them for Soarin'? I'm think I'll just suck up the Soarin' line or go there firs thing in the morning if I get a frozen fast pass. But what are the chances of actually getting a fast pass should I just plan on the 21 to be at front gates at 7am?

HouCuseChickie

Given AK's new night time offerings, perhaps switching Epcot to morning and AK to afternoon/evening could work out even better... :)

Exactly what I'm doing. Swapped out all of my ADRs. I now have a 7:15 at Yak & Yeti that night. I'll have to decide if I want to keep the 8:05am I now have at garden Grill or if we just want breakfast on the go and make the "run" to Soarin' when the park opens. At least ADRs are pretty wide open for our dates.

HouCuseChickie

This is getting us to spend an extra day in Epcot though depending on the time of my fastpass.... Which is fine I love this park but think I will spend day here and then head over to HS for the star wars fireworks.

We have a very short trip - wasn't even expecting to go this year and have some group meets also tied into it- so, having to use a lot of strategy in our plans.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Mainly the time it took. Some complaining about the location. And to be fair some delirious they're getting a Frozen ride. But the negatives outweighing the positive posts on the half dozen feeds I read did surprise me.

They sure did take their sweet time with building though... hope that the ride is worth such a long wait. And hope the queue is interesting because boy are there gonna be some serious wait times.

chiefs11

Exactly what I'm doing. Swapped out all of my ADRs. I now have a 7:15 at Yak & Yeti that night. I'll have to decide if I want to keep the 8:05am I now have at garden Grill or if we just want breakfast on the go and make the "run" to Soarin' when the park opens. At least ADRs are pretty wide open for our dates.
Well that is probably perfect since it puts you in the Land pavilion an hour before the park opens... Assuming you can eat breakfast within an hour then just go downstairs to the ride. :)

PhotoDave219

So question now, when will the softs start. Can't imagine they would want to go straight into 100% operations with FP on the 21st without any guest load testing.

I dont recall any soft openings with Mine Train..... or did I completely miss that? Thats what I remember anyways. I remember people telling me that there wouldn't be soft openings because of word getting out on the internet. Perhaps some CM only testing happened?

So, not surprising that it will run at park opening (9am). Is there any chance that Mexico will also open at that time?

You should email La Cava and see if they'll be open as a refreshment station.

MOM2FOUR

The inside contractor seemed pretty sure on dates. I wonder why it changed? Hoping maybe the 6/17 date he posted is for the start of softs.

HouCuseChickie

Well that is probably perfect since it puts you in the Land pavilion an hour before the park opens... Assuming you can eat breakfast within an hour then just go downstairs to the ride. :)

That's what I thought at first, but I think they've been (or will be) opening Epcot a smidge early (like what they do in MK) to try and avoid stampedes. In MK, it's about 8:45a that those gates open, so that could put us at a disadvantage even if we are right there in the Land pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom