Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

ABQ

I'm so new to all this. How do softs typically work? Do they announce them in advance publicly, or do you just show up at the ride and see if they're running? We're there on 6/17 so I'm trying to stay positive.
The latter, just show up, if softs are happening, the door will be open. No announcements are made beyond by CM's right at the ride area.

tribbleorlfl

The latter, just show up, if softs are happening, the door will be open. No announcements are made beyond by CM's right at the ride area.
Sometimes they do have an easel sign in front of the park and/or attraction saying it'stands in a technical rehearsal and may close at any given time without notice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm so new to all this. How do softs typically work? Do they announce them in advance publicly, or do you just show up at the ride and see if they're running? We're there on 6/17 so I'm trying to stay positive.
No annoucnemnts, and they start and stop frequently. Best bet will to stay tuned to WDWMAGIC, we will announce as soon as we find out.

doctornick

how are they going to make that work? Will WS be blocked right after Norway?

Yes, but it has been that way since Akershus is open for breakfast. So, even currently, you can walk along where Mexico and Norway are but there are ropes preventing you from going further along until 11am.

This new information means that all of Norway will be open at 9am (well, I would think the bakery and gift shop will be open if the ride and M&G are). Since that will lead to increased guests to the area in the morning, I think it might just make sense to open Mexico as well since it has a ride and the pathway has to be open to get to Norway anyway. Of course that would mean staffing that pavilion, which Disney probably won't be willing to do.

gmajew

Yes, but it has been that way since Akershus is open for breakfast. So, even currently, you can walk along where Mexico and Norway are but there are ropes preventing you from going further along until 11am.

This new information means that all of Norway will be open at 9am (well, I would think the bakery and gift shop will be open if the ride and M&G are). Since that will lead to increased guests to the area in the morning, I think it might just make sense to open Mexico as well since it has a ride and the pathway has to be open to get to Norway anyway. Of course that would mean staffing that pavilion, which Disney probably won't be willing to do.

Maybe it actually gets all of the countries to open early again if it actually drives traffic to the park.... Epcot is going to be a zoo the week of the 17th with Soarin and this opening...

gmajew

Sad really. Epcot will be busy and show huge attendance numbers for the rest of the year. It will be another excuse to say the park doesn't need any major overhaul

I have said it many many times if they take a pavilion a year and redo it then I am happy as I know they won't ever do more then that at once... So now I hope we hear plans of Energy or Imagination going down for a refurb...

Only way this park will ever get fixed is if they go slow and do one thing at a time....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom