Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought it officially was open then.... doesnt really matter. I dont recall any random testing with guests like with Soarin or Mission Space or Everest.

Different world with social media
You are right, Mine Train kinda changed the trend in that it didn't soft before the media day. There were no public soft opens before the media rode on May 1. May 21 saw the first regular guests ride in a limited soft opening, then it effectively opened for the 24 hour event on May 23. It then officially opened May 28. History at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news.htm

It will be interesting to see what happens this time.

Brian Swan

There were softs. They started before the 24 hour event or during the 24 hour event I thought that year...or I could be mis-remembering things.
It started running "full time" on the Memorial Day Weekend; I rode it at 6:15 AM on the 24-hour Friday. There were some "hit-or-miss" soft openings the week before. The "official grand opening" was a week after Memorial Day.

halltd

I wonder if they'll try to have a media day with Soarin', Sommerhus and Frozen ride around June 17th.
Do they even need "media" days any more? I argue they don't. The information posted on the blogs the day things open is usually far more accurate and far more visually appealing than anything I see in the traditional media. I say just open attractions and let the blogs post everything for free. There's some expense money they can save!

PhotoDave219

You are right, Mine Train kinda changed the trend in that it didn't soft before the media day. There were no public soft opens before the media rode on May 1. May 21 saw the first regular guests ride in a limited soft opening, then it effectively opened for the 24 hour event on May 23. It then officially opened May 28. History at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news.htm

It will be interesting to see what happens this time.

I really cant see them doing any soft openings without it being a mob scene.

PhotoDave219

Do they even need "media" days any more? I argue they don't. The information posted on the blogs the day things open is usually far more accurate and far more visually appealing than anything I see in the traditional media. I say just open attractions and let the blogs post everything for free. There's some expense money they can save!

I believe thats what he's referring to. Outside of Reuters/AP/OS.... there really isnt any traditional media that shows up.

halltd

I believe thats what he's referring to. Outside of Reuters/AP/OS.... there really isnt any traditional media that shows up.
Yeah, and why are special media events needed (for whatever media it is)? Look at the opening of Jungle Skipper Canteen and The Town Center. No media days and look at how many videos, photos, and reviews were posted within seconds of the openings. Save the money on cast members to put on these events and just open the attractions. Let the stories trend on social media for free. Spend that money on something else and just open the attraction to everyone earlier. Win, win!

PhotoDave219

Yeah, and why are special media events needed (for whatever media it is)? Look at the opening of Jungle Skipper Canteen and The Town Center. No media days and look at how many videos, photos, and reviews were posted within seconds of the openings. Save the money on cast members to put on these events and just open the attractions. Let the stories trend on social media for free. Spend that money on something else and just open the attraction to everyone earlier. Win, win!

Oh i'm with you on this, i assure you.

Goofyque'

It started running "full time" on the Memorial Day Weekend; I rode it at 6:15 AM on the 24-hour Friday. There were some "hit-or-miss" soft openings the week before. The "official grand opening" was a week after Memorial Day.
We rode at the same time! Wonder if we were on the same train!?! ;)

JustInTime

Softs vary from attraction to attraction. They are not guaranteed, or guaranteed to stay open

Spaceship Earth 07 soft opened for a few hours. Then half a day the next day. Both times it was word of mouth or right place at the right time to ride. Then it stayed open for two months before the official date (it was a generous amount of time to finish the refurb)

I was told about Under the Sea in NFL five days before it soft opened. Social media got hold 48 hours before.

Softs aren't a given. Or they may happen for an hour then not for a few days. The only rule is they aren't guaranteed.
speaking of which...I'm praying Dinosaur soft opens September 26th. Fingers crossed!

clemmo

Awesome news on June 21st opening! It looks like i'll be there on the 22nd but who knows what the fp+ situation will be like and there's no way I'm waiting standby. I thought i heard someone say fast passes opened at 7am now instead of midnight is that true?

bennythecab

Awesome news on June 21st opening! It looks like i'll be there on the 22nd but who knows what the fp+ situation will be like and there's no way I'm waiting standby. I thought i heard someone say fast passes opened at 7am now instead of midnight is that true?
Seems to be. Not available in UK as of yet

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Yes it is 7am now. ....and once again this is likely a bad move on disneys part. While I like it moving to 7am, now they have FP and dining people flooding the system and we all know what happens when they released discounts as well.

Get ready for more system and website crashes. They have the be the worst large corporation hosting any online presence in terms of stability and network and site hardware resource planning

MySmallWorldof4

The website as of yet has not crashed. It does show that fastpasses for Frozen are no longer available on the date I am trying to book. I will just assume that is hopefully because the 7am window hasn't opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom