Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Cesar R M

You mean they'll have a media...
c57b2a4afff2a416b8d349ff4e15c9a6.jpg
'til we get another mine train.. (aka an announcement with shows with Iger, Co and Characters, about an announcement of a supposed soon to be opening ride) presentation.

spiritofNorway

It's actually pretty easy to fill and drain these rides. You don't want to leave the pumps running all night and when you turn the pumps off, all the water runs to the reservoir just by gravity. Just because it's empty in this shot doesn't mean they couldn't be doing testing 20 minutes later.
Maelstrom didnt have a reservoir... All the water was drained completely and refilled next morning.

spiritofNorway

Was the water treated with chemicals? or just simply drained, thrown out and refilled fresh?
This I dont know... I just know that on the backside of the building there were these two holes in the ground, one was for draining the ride and the other for filling it. I think it was fresh, or maybe non potable water or whatever its called. :p

Goofyernmost

This I dont know... I just know that on the backside of the building there were these two holes in the ground, one was for draining the ride and the other for filling it. I think it was fresh, or maybe non potable water or whatever its called. :p
Doesn't that constitute having a reservoir? It would be a better environmental footprint to treat and filter the same water then to draw from someplace even if it's not potable. I would think that a truly non potable water source would have a lot of things in it that wouldn't be good in an enclosed structure and fresh water everyday would be a huge waste of resources, wouldn't it?

Cesar R M

Doesn't that constitute having a reservoir? It would be a better environmental footprint to treat and filter the same water then to draw from someplace even if it's not potable. I would think that a truly non potable water source would have a lot of things in it that wouldn't be good in an enclosed structure and fresh water everyday would be a huge waste of resources, wouldn't it?
Maybe its just a machine that extracts water from a well?
Not exactly a "reservoir" that is exclusive of the ride (aka a fixed pond that exclusively maintains the water of the ride)

Goofyernmost

Maybe its just a machine that extracts water from a well?
Not exactly a "reservoir" that is exclusive of the ride (aka a fixed pond that exclusively maintains the water of the ride)
Still acts as the same thing. Surface water would work in that case, just like how they maintain the levels of water on all the simulated rivers in the place. Pumping out from the ground, considering the number of sinkholes that could develop wouldn't sound like a wise option in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom