Non-Security Cast Members at Resort Security Stands trying to Better Collect Parking Fees

Disneyismylife

You still have to go through the security gate and get a paper pass. I know every time I’ve stayed at a Disney resort and the three times I’ve stayed since parking fees have been implemented I’ve always received a paper pass at the security gate on the day of checkin regardless of the fact I checked in online.

I always usually also wind up driving to AKL to dine or visit and they either ask to scan my magic band or present a photo ID. How would they even have the resources to collect cash or process a payment for parking?
You don’t even have to communicate at the gate anymore. I checkin online, scan my band in the self-service lane, and go straight to my room. I haven’t interacted with resort staff in years 😁

Jansanbren

Who did you pay?
The gate told us that the limited "free" spaces were full but we could drive in and look. We spent 45 minutes waiting for an opening but were in danger of missing our reservation. Gate security then told us we needed to then use their Valet Service, as they had spots, or we would be charged as a no show for our reservations. We did leave a note with both the Mgr. of the hotel and the restauaunt expessing our dismay for not having a system to wave this fee for patrons. Needless to say, it was NOT a good experience. We are passholders that live in Windermere and often frequent Disney restaurant. Contemporary is off our list.

JaxFLBear

We did leave a note with both the Mgr. of the hotel and the restauaunt expessing our dismay for not having a system to wave this fee for patrons.
Valet parking is run by a 3rd party, so Disney or the restaurants would need to negotiate with the 3rd party to waive the valet fee. Currently, the valet fee is waived if you have a valid handicap tag or dine at a location that offers the TiW discount.

We are passholders that live in Windermere and often frequent Disney restaurant. Contemporary is off our list.
Did you try the lot in front of BLT, or only the small lot in front of the CR?

As a passholder, I would have parked at the MK and taken the monorail before spending 45 minutes looking for an open space at CR.

drizgirl

The gate told us that the limited "free" spaces were full but we could drive in and look. We spent 45 minutes waiting for an opening but were in danger of missing our reservation. Gate security then told us we needed to then use their Valet Service, as they had spots, or we would be charged as a no show for our reservations. We did leave a note with both the Mgr. of the hotel and the restauaunt expessing our dismay for not having a system to wave this fee for patrons. Needless to say, it was NOT a good experience. We are passholders that live in Windermere and often frequent Disney restaurant. Contemporary is off our list.
OK, paying for valet is different from paying to park in general at the resort. There just aren't enough spots there for everyone. Especially when you consider the number of people who park (without paying) then spend the day in the MK.

peter11435

So you didn’t pay for parking. You paid for valet. Very different and very misleading to not explain that from the start. But i agree the fee should be waved in this circumstance.

Jansanbren

OK, paying for valet is different from paying to park in general at the resort. There just aren't enough spots there for everyone. Especially when you consider the number of people who park (without paying) then spend the day in the MK.
Agreed. With their limited space, if they are going to continue to permit folks to park without a reservation, they need to wave the fee for those that do! Or allow you to cancel if they have no spaces and free you to go elsewhere. Treating yourselves to a special and expensive dinner at a Disney restaraunt is supposed to be joyful, not start off with no spaces to park. If you can't accommodate your guests, you need a new system or, like us, your guest will move on to an establishment that does.

wdwfan22

So you didn’t pay for parking. You paid for valet. Very different and very misleading to not explain that from the start. But i agree the fee should be waved in this circumstance.

Valet Parking at Disney Resorts is $33.00 a day, so it sounds like they were charged for the overnight parking not valet.

RollerCoaster

Disney resorts should charge for guest parking. Period. The abuse of the parking is rampant. It's to be expected, at a hotel, that you have to pay for parking to go to a restaurant! Most of you are ridiculous. If Disney wants to create an incentive for non hotel guests to visit the hotel restaurants then the value of your paid parking ticket could be applied towards the purchase at the restaurant.

Astro Blaster

Just got back from a trip - first part of the trip we stayed off property and had no problem parking at the hotels for free when we told security we were there to eat. Then, I stayed at Pop Century for a night and got dropped off - I noticed a $13 parking fee on my bill, which was added at the security stand when they saw I was driving into the hotel for check in.

When I checked out I explained what happened (friends dropped me off at the hotel, I didn’t park overnight there) and they refunded the charge no problem.

TrojanUSC

Disney resorts should charge for guest parking. Period. The abuse of the parking is rampant. It's to be expected, at a hotel, that you have to pay for parking to go to a restaurant! Most of you are ridiculous. If Disney wants to create an incentive for non hotel guests to visit the hotel restaurants then the value of your paid parking ticket could be applied towards the purchase at the restaurant.

They could also just do what literally every other place does - set up paid exit gates where guests will need validation. The Disneyland Hotels do this. They had this option but Disney doesn't want to spend the money to reroute all the parking traffic to ticket machines. If they did I bet it would make a lot more people apt to dine at the resorts, as those security guards can be quite the deterrent, even for those eating in the restaurants.

Bpmorley

So now I won't be able to go to another resort to eat without paying to park. Greed greed greed greed. I'll be either selling or renting my points out from now on. Sick of this BS

peter11435

So now I won't be able to go to another resort to eat without paying to park. Greed greed greed greed. I'll be either selling or renting my points out from now on. Sick of this BS
You will be able to go to another resort to eat without paying to park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom