Non-Security Cast Members at Resort Security Stands trying to Better Collect Parking Fees

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disagree that there's not a resort which is worth taking a look...AKL definitely is. And yes, I've traveled too. And speaking from just personal experience, after our first visit to look around at AKL, we booked a stay there and returned many times. The videos just don't do it justice.
Same with the WL... and the CR... their lobbies and atriums are just breathtaking.

tissandtully

The hotels are not tourist attractions. They're not setup to be one, nor do they have the facilities to accommodate outside non-hotel guests in large numbers. They're primarily there for those who stay in them, attend an event, or dine in a restaurant. If you're not doing one of those three things then you should not be there.

There is not a single Disney hotel that is worth visiting to just look around. I've seen some spectacular hotels around the world, but Disney doesn't have a single property that deserves that sort of attention.
LOL, Ok dude. Just remember this is the poster who keeps defending the parking fees... You're either in WDW accounting or Bob Iger's secret account.

juniorthomas

I have to disagree 100% with you post, they definitely are attractions, as each hotel is very different and interactive, it is a lot of fun to resort hop and see what they all offer

New thread inspiration: which hotel is the least worth exploring and which hotel is the most worth exploring? A high five to whomever kicks those off, because I'm far too lazy to do it.

Touchdown

Especially at Christmas that is simply not true. I made it a point to do a monorail tour and go to WL specifically to view the decorations.

TrojanUSC

The hotels are not tourist attractions. They're not setup to be one, nor do they have the facilities to accommodate outside non-hotel guests in large numbers. They're primarily there for those who stay in them, attend an event, or dine in a restaurant. If you're not doing one of those three things then you should not be there.

There is not a single Disney hotel that is worth visiting to just look around. I've seen some spectacular hotels around the world, but Disney doesn't have a single property that deserves that sort of attention.

What's next on your plan? Make people show room keys or ADRs to get off the monorail at a resort they're not staying at?

World_Showcase_Lover007

C5CE117B-9709-4296-A677-17228A8B0C42.jpeg

I’m guessing this is probably the problem...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yet they wonder why the resort TS restaurant business is way down.
they don’t care...or they wouldn’t do it. There’s yet another agenda going on with dining...just can’t figure it out yet. Do we know if there’s another shift In buying patterns? I wouldn’t be surprised.
disney>make new policy to generate revenue. doesn't make enough revenue so enforce with new system> directly negatively impact guest experiences.
as long as you pay...nothing else is relevant to this management.
It's truly bizarre. Boardwalk was built to be a nightlife destination, akin to Downtown Disney. Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance Hall, Abracadabrabar are all operating venues. Where do they expect people to park?
. Eisner built and loved the concept of boardwalk. The current management seems to view it more as a liability.
Disney doesn’t care about that one iota. They want the restaurants full. Preferably full at 180 days. Look at what just happened to Artist Point. A very good restaurant at a very nice hotel that actually had availablity for guests of the Wilderness Lodge. Disney got tired of it not being 100% booked so they slashed the menu and brought in characters.

Disney isn’t trying to improve the experience of onsite guests here. They are simply trying to make sure they shake down every single guest.

Yes this will effect resort eateries, but that’s a case of Disney’s left hand not coordinating with their right hand. Lefty wants the restaurants full, right wants his parking fees. Guests suffer.
. The replacement of artists point tells you what they think of their clientele...

...they think we’re idiots. And we are proving them right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom