Non-Security Cast Members at Resort Security Stands trying to Better Collect Parking Fees

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You still have to go through the security gate and get a paper pass. I know every time I’ve stayed at a Disney resort and the three times I’ve stayed since parking fees have been implemented I’ve always received a paper pass at the security gate on the day of checkin regardless of the fact I checked in online.

I always usually also wind up driving to AKL to dine or visit and they either ask to scan my magic band or present a photo ID. How would they even have the resources to collect cash or process a payment for parking?
We didn't get paper passes at either CSR or BC on our trip last month.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

No, only overnight resort guests have to pay. Day guests dining and shopping do not.
So, in parsing out the quote from the official policy, please note that it says "select dining, shopping, etc..."

Perhaps, in that context, dining, shopping, etc at AKL is no longer considered that "select" experience...

Imagineerwannabe

So, in parsing out the quote from the official policy, please note that it says "select dining, shopping, etc..."

Perhaps, in that context, dining, shopping, etc at AKL is no longer considered that "select" experience...

It may mean that you need ‘confirmed’ dining reservations and no longer park at certain times for QS options or just to ‘look around’ the resort.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You still have to go through the security gate and get a paper pass. I know every time I’ve stayed at a Disney resort and the three times I’ve stayed since parking fees have been implemented I’ve always received a paper pass at the security gate on the day of checkin regardless of the fact I checked in online.

I always usually also wind up driving to AKL to dine or visit and they either ask to scan my magic band or present a photo ID. How would they even have the resources to collect cash or process a payment for parking?

I've not received a paper pass in several years. And those weren't for resort parking, but for free parking at the parks.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was denied access to the property, I did not pay. I assume she is marking reservations that have cars as people were likely lying to the front desk. I don't believe that payment is being collected.

I've seen reports on Twitter and another "news" site reporting this at other resorts as well.

The only time I've been denied access was trying to park at GF the night of one of the hard ticket events at MK.

Imagineerwannabe

The only time I've been denied access was trying to park at GF the night of one of the hard ticket events at MK.

Some people seem to still be able to get around that. Just stayed 9 nights at the DVC villas and that little parking lot was full of vehicles until about 1130 on every mnssh party night...looked like the bay lake tower parking lot...

LAKid53

Premium Member
According to the manager I spoke with at WL who came to see if I was still having issues with my door lock, the parking fee for each night is added to the guest's resort folio the last night of their stay. DVC members staying on points or cash at a DVC resort will not have the fee charged as the reservation will be tagged as DVC.

But yes, it's strange that the OP was asked to pay at the gate.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Some people seem to still be able to get around that. Just stayed 9 nights at the DVC villas and that little parking lot was full of vehicles until about 1130 on every mnssh party night...looked like the bay lake tower parking lot...

Well, if you're smart, you make a dining reservation at GF Cafe. And the gate house sends you to the visitors lot, which is the small lot over by the villas, to park. The bigger lot is for resort guests only. And they enforce that at GF.

DisneyGigi

I am totally confused, if you are wanting to check out the resort, or eat without ADRs, thought they gave you like a couple of hour pass. You should not be able to park, all day, at a resort. JMO. Why is this a big deal? If you are staying at a Disney resort, or have ADRs, should be no big deal? If they charge fees, overnight, for Disney guests to stay, offsite people should not have unlimited day time parking.

Liberty6

Today I was denied parking at Animal Kingdom Lodge by a non security cast member. I was just trying to eat lunch and take some pictures of the pool construction.

I was told they are now enforcing parking fees starting at the security booth.

While most of the Disney unofficially doesn’t care about taking pictures of construction areas could the CM simply have denied the OP because their intent was to take pictures? Technically Disney policy doesn’t allow it.

Rteetz

I believe this is a one time incident. Not a new thing. At least according to what I was told.

TrojanUSC

I believe they are starting to try to prevent random day visitors from going to the hotel parking. They will probably start enforcing the "where is your reservation for the restaurant" and give you like a 3 hour window to eat.

I was just there last week and the 2nd time I went to the Boardwalk area hotels, the guard was being testy about me parking there. He was showing some resistance for a Disney person but I just used the Obi Wan trick and was able to get in anyway.

Yet they wonder why the resort TS restaurant business is way down.

aladdin2007

I believe they are starting to try to prevent random day visitors from going to the hotel parking. They will probably start enforcing the "where is your reservation for the restaurant" and give you like a 3 hour window to eat.

I was just there last week and the 2nd time I went to the Boardwalk area hotels, the guard was being testy about me parking there. He was showing some resistance for a Disney person but I just used the Obi Wan trick and was able to get in anyway.

Boardwalk has been getting near impossible, and they are extremely unfriendly about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom