No Strawberry Swirl!! That can't be!

Ajax Redux

I feel his pain.... I remember the dissapointment my family and I felt when we waltzed up to the dessert cart outside the Rose & Crown for a scrumptious cup of Trifle, only to find that it had been replaced by a smaller concoction consisting of what tasted like Smuckers Strawberry Jam, Cool Whip, and stale pound cake. Same with the Beaver Tails when they started hauling the 'tails in from a central kitchen and holding them in a warming oven, instead of frying them on the spot. ROE and Off Kilter were never the same.
Woe is us!

Boray

I'm sad about the strawberry swirl. There was a debate about the superiority of the strawberry swirl over the dole whip recently. I was looking forward to trying a strawberry swirl this coming October (and making my own decision as to which one is better), oh well... So, what is a Citrus Swirl and where can I try to get one of these? (because they'll probably be gone soon too...hopefully not before this October!)

I must admit though, I LOVE the Dole Float. I've made them at home, but they just aren't the same (although, mine are VERY good too...)

Wilt Dasney

Boo. I still hadn't tried the strawberry swirl and wanted to give it a go next time down.

Dole Whips = overrated in my book.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I found out a couple months ago when I posted the same thing. I was planning on sampling all three (strawberry, citrus and dole) in the same visit...as well as visiting AC in December.

Guess I need to be quiet about my itineraries in the future...:cry:

TTATraveler

Boo. I still hadn't tried the strawberry swirl and wanted to give it a go next time down.

I actually like the strawberry swirl, the citrus swirl, and the Dole whip equally. I don't think one is better then the other and am not sure why there is such a cult following for the Dole whip but not the others. I guess more people like pineapple then orange and strawberry. That being said, I always see a longer line for strawberry swirls then citrus swirls. I wonder what the reasoning behind the removal of the strawberry swirl was.

SpongeScott

NOO!! I juat had one for the first time last year and loved it!! I wanted something different from the usual orange swirl because I dont like dole whip :hurl:. Yeah I said it. I DONT LIKE DOLE WHIP!!! :mad: Lets make a switch. Get rid of dole whip and bring back strawberry swirl! :slurp:
Now here's someone who really knows what they're talking about around here! :)

Yep, this confirms we are brothers separated at birth. :wave:

tecowdw

I actually like the strawberry swirl, the citrus swirl, and the Dole whip equally. I don't think one is better then the other and am not sure why there is such a cult following for the Dole whip but not the others. I guess more people like pineapple then orange and strawberry. That being said, I always see a longer line for strawberry swirls then citrus swirls. I wonder what the reasoning behind the removal of the strawberry swirl was.

I used to like the citrus swirl but they changed it about a year ago and now I don't. The Dole whip thing is just okay. Switched to the starwberry swirl and have grown to really enjoy it. I can't beleive it's all over!!
:cry::cry::cry:

bspong24

Original Poster
strawberry swirl redux

I am back after months of watching for friends who would demand the return of the strawberry swirl. Sorry folks but no other swirl, or simple ice cream concoction, or fried delight compares. It's the strawberry swirl or nothing. Might as well close the Magic Kingdom! As good as McRibs were (whatever they were) they did not define a park the way strawberry swirl did. Let's hear it loud and clear for the RETURN! Give us strawberry swirls or de-tail the mouse.

jmorri26

Where does all this Dole Whip hatred come from? Personally, I was raised by my mother that there is NO substitute for a Dole Whip. The others are good but by no means, in my mind at least, can they live up to the awesomeness that is the Dole Whip.

Give me Dole Whip or give me death!

Crazy4WDW1

I thought the strawberry swirls were supposed to be available again at the end of September? Has any one been over to the Enchanted Grove to check??? :shrug:

Computer Magic

I thought the strawberry swirls were supposed to be available again at the end of September? Has any one been over to the Enchanted Grove to check??? :shrug:
Well I made a point to walk to Enchanted Grove on Sept 21 just to ask for a strawberry swirl. Of couse I knew the answer would be no. So I said darn and left. The CM didn't say it was coming back, just it wasn't available.

SpongeScott

Well I made a point to walk to Enchanted Grove on Sept 21 just to ask for a strawberry swirl. Of couse I knew the answer would be no. So I said darn and left. The CM didn't say it was coming back, just it wasn't available.
You should've staged an impromptu sit-in as a protest until they brought the Swirl back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom