No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

correcaminos

Just chalk it up to the many people abusing the system to hurting the few that actually need the scooters.
I repeatedly see this over and over and over and well over again. After having one in our party due to disabilities since childhood (and now progressed to needing wheels all the time) I don't see why people would even want to 'abuse' the system. The new system doesn't allow for abuse of time in line. In fact we often had to wait *longer* to get on a ride due to wheels. I think the idea that they are abused is false now based on how it used to be like a decade ago with wheelchair use. They used to more or less get FOTL. Now they don't.

thomas998

I repeatedly see this over and over and over and well over again. After having one in our party due to disabilities since childhood (and now progressed to needing wheels all the time) I don't see why people would even want to 'abuse' the system. The new system doesn't allow for abuse of time in line. In fact we often had to wait *longer* to get on a ride due to wheels. I think the idea that they are abused is false now based on how it used to be like a decade ago with wheelchair use. They used to more or less get FOTL. Now they don't.
Their are people now that don't use the scooters because they get front of the line, they simply do it because they don't want to walk. These are also the most likely idiots on the scooters that run into people from behind because they aren't used to using them in the first place but just see them a personal golf cart and Disney World as their golf course.

correcaminos

Their are people now that don't use the scooters because they get front of the line, they simply do it because they don't want to walk. These are also the most likely idiots on the scooters that run into people from behind because they aren't used to using them in the first place but just see them a personal golf cart and Disney World as their golf course.

I'm sure you have bad users here and there. I just don't think the abuse is what people claim it is. It's much much harder to navigate the parks in one than without. Seriously harder. I had to be way more patient doing the parks with one than without. They are not great IMO and those who use it when not needed likely would get annoyed very quickly.

mdcpr

This sounds simplistic since I'm not a Disney uber-fan (and before you think 'what are you doing here?', is because I came to this forum to learn how to plan my trip)--do people ever cancel trips if it is such a hassle? Why go through the trouble of airing your grief, then complaining when total strangers give their opinions. Also, if taking a yearly trip means saving every penny, maybe is time to change the frequency?

mdcpr

I know I am selfish because I want the only 9 days I have off the whole entire year to go as planned, I should not blame Disney for their greed one bit. Maybe if You worked 12 hour shifts with no breaks, I get no Holidays off, I work for a 24/7 company so I want those 9 days the way I spent planning, and yes, I try the meet me at so in so place at so in so time, and something always happens and in my family when things happen it's not Disney who gets blamed it's my fault, I messed it up I somehow did it on purpose. I still hear about our flight being late from five years ago and how we almost missed our connecting flight .
Sometimes things don't work out the way we want them, and just roll with it. The trip I'm taking this year is the one I planned to take 7 years ago! I couldn't because my special needs son wasn't able to handle it, then I was in a miserable job working 60-80 hours a week, then I was unemployed, then I had to pay for tutors and private school for my son, and now to do this I gave up A LOT for two years so I could give my family the trip of their dreams. Don't feel you messed up, life threw some challenges your way, reassess what's important, and don't dwell in the negative. And put your family in line.

Ladyt1966

I just read on another site that Disney will no longer allow outside food, strollers or scooters to be delivered to the resorts, that you will have to meet these vendors outside the hotel. I was just wondering if any one else had heard this and if it would also apply to the Disney approved scooter rental companies. ?

I’m new to this board. I have been to Disney a few times but never having to use a scooter. The next time we go I will need a scooter. I have no problems with the new rules that Disney has. My question is can’t you rent a scooter from the airport? As I said this is new to me. If not no big deal.

bUU

I’m new to this board. I have been to Disney a few times but never having to use a scooter. The next time we go I will need a scooter. I have no problems with the new rules that Disney has. My question is can’t you rent a scooter from the airport? As I said this is new to me. If not no big deal.
My understanding is that some scooter rental companies will deliver scooters to you by way of a meet and greet at baggage claim.

nickys

Premium Member

There is one scooter company that actually has an outlet at the airport. Can’t remember which company offhand. If using Magical Express, you need to let them know when booking that you will have an ECV.

You can also rent through the one approved Disney partner vendor, Scooter Bug, who will still be able to drop it off at your resort for you at Bell Services.

bUU

your response answers the question. thank you have a good day
And your evasion makes clear that you know you don't have a legitimate stance no matter your answer.

If you answered "no" then your pretension is shown to be a sham.

If you answered "yes" then you're just trying to dupe people into thinking that your industry bias is information.

Last edited by a moderator:

daisyduckie

Or the people running into others don't use a scooter at home because they can deal with limited walking, but need one to get around the parks.

Anyone renting one to get out of walking would soon find walking is the better choice between the two.

thomas998

Or the people running into others don't use a scooter at home because they can deal with limited walking, but need one to get around the parks.

Anyone renting one to get out of walking would soon find walking is the better choice between the two.
They might realize that walking it the better option. But remember they already signed a contract to have their scooter for the week they are at Disney, so it is unlikely they are going to just let it set in the hotel room. I'm betting most people that realize they should have just walked will still use the scooter they already paid for and if anything simply not rent one the next time they go.

nickys

Premium Member

Nice to se you can tell people’s motives by simply mind-reading.

I know people who have rented one instead of a wheelchair after surgery, for example.

thomas998

Nice to se you can tell people’s motives by simply mind-reading.

I know people who have rented one instead of a wheelchair after surgery, for example.
And I have know people that did it because they were too lazy to walk. If you noticed I never said it was everyone on a scooter. But kudos for reading what you wanted to see instead of what was written.

Ladyt1966

There is one scooter company that actually has an outlet at the airport. Can’t remember which company offhand. If using Magical Express, you need to let them know when booking that you will have an ECV.

You can also rent through the one approved Disney partner vendor, Scooter Bug, who will still be able to drop it off at your resort for you at Bell Services.
Thank you so much. I really didn’t think their new guidelines would be a problem. I appreciate your response!! 😀

NickPytlinski

And your evasion makes clear that you know you don't have a legitimate stance no matter your answer.

If you answered "no" then your pretension is shown to be a sham.

If you answered "yes" then you're just trying to dupe people into thinking that your industry bias is information.

its called experience and not bias.
better than guessing your replies.

i'm done here. good day

bUU

its called experience and not bias.
Nonsense. I remember there used to be a website that claimed to be the authority on tipping while traveling. It was run by a bellman.

Duh.

The worst analysts for a business are the people who have a vested interest in the industry. What's needed is objectivity and business acumen, two things you don't have.

G00fyDad

6a3.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom