No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

Disney.Mike

No. But OP seems to be under a lot of pressure (some self inflicted for sure) to make this vacation perfect. Perfection is unattainable.

I'm not surprised by the level of drama.

I do hope OP listens to some of the tips given from others on this thread who also use mobility devices (who are not freaking out about this because they have those solutions). There is a lot of great advice on this thread.

Perfection is not unobtainable... I find it every morning when I look in the mirror

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
how about a different way to think of it. You planned, you double checked every thing and now you will sit back and enjoy. If some thing comes up you will deal with it at the time and comments from the peanut gallery AKA family members who did nothing, will be handle by the appropriate department.

View attachment 415380

how old are these people??lol
Not that old really only 70, and they really are great people just complainers., my husband said you know what the first person to complain can plan the next trip themselves.

stratman50th

Not that old really only 70, and they really are great people just complainers., my husband said you know what the first person to complain can plan the next trip themselves.
Your husband is correct.
Are you paying for the everything? If not, let them plan their own trip. They may not want everything scheduled so tightly. We don't schedule anything. Ok, maybe one meal. Can't really complain about the plan if they did all the planning themselves.
My mom was a huge planner but that was something she never did, get involved in everyone else's plans. Mostly because we didn't have any. Some got up early, some liked to sleep in. Some were park commandos, some liked to come back to the room for a nap then some pool time. She would occasionally get dinner reservations but only once or twice a trip and it was for something special. The luau at the Poly or maybe the dinner and show (Fantasmic) etc. So if there's a next time you do your thing and everyone else do theirs. That, is just a suggestion.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Ha they are just the opposite of my parents who are 76 and 72.
Mine are chill and we absolutely could not plan like you do because that's just not how they roll which means that's not how we are either.
Yeah I'd say if they are bothered by a minor inconvenience then maybe they should plan it next time then you can blame them instead of the other way around lol.

Goofyernmost

I don't see that -- what I see is a difference between "reasonable accommodation" and "convenience." The ADA only requires the former. People requiring mobility assistance devices still have the option to rent from whatever company they want. However, only if they rent from the preferred Disney provider can they expect their cart to be ready and waiting for them. If not, there might be a delay while that company delivers the rented device directly to the guest.

If you competently coordinate your arrival with a non-preferred company, there should be little to no delay.
I agree with the first paragraph, but, the second one leaves me wondering how you feel it should be little to no delays. Aren't there a lot of possible reasons that are uncontrollable such as traffic or the driver having to wait for the recipient to get to them. I'm thinking they can't expect someone to be waiting in the lobby for the delivery. The more I think about this the less likely it seems that it will work. It probably works in the uninformed eyes of Disney Management, but real life doesn't always conform.

bUU

think you need a dose of reality. or maybe just live in the real world without monopoly money
hang on we may have misunderstood each other. i think we are agreeing there is a problem just not on the delivery side.
The problem is with the company who won't agree to providing a set time to deliver the ECV and a set time to pick up the ECV, convenient for their customer.

personally i dont think Disney should accept the items without the person being there to accept the ecv
The agreement is between the user of the scooter and the company delivering the item.
Precisely.

Unless its prior agreed/paid for for an exact time i dont think the delivery of the scooter should be blamed.
Here's the problem with that: People have a medical need for these devices. They are assistive devices, so the purveyors of them are expected to be offering them in such a manner that those who medically need them can engage their services. So the point is that having an exact time when delivery will be made, and when pickup will be effected, is a required part of the service. If they can't build a business that serves their core customer's needs, then they shouldn't be in business.

A company that rents ECVs expecting Disney to be the go-between between them and their customer is a company run by someone with excessive entitlement mentality, something that we sadly see often in society: This irrational and self-ratifying sense that one has a right to earn profit while forcing someone else to pay some of the costs of their business. How does anyone get to the point that they think like that?

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

I agree with the first paragraph, but, the second one leaves me wondering how you feel it should be little to no delays. Aren't there a lot of possible reasons that are uncontrollable such as traffic or the driver having to wait for the recipient to get to them. I'm thinking they can't expect someone to be waiting in the lobby for the delivery. The more I think about this the less likely it seems that it will work. It probably works in the uninformed eyes of Disney Management, but real life doesn't always conform.
Even when the ECV was left with Disney Bell Services, sometimes the retrieval could take 10-20 minutes (sometimes as fast as 5 minutes, but that was when they weren't busy and they could find the device immediately).

My biggest concern for me personally is on my departure day - there are times I am picked up by a car service or DME at 6:30am, I would usually just drop off the ECV at Bell Services 10 minutes prior. Will a non-preferred provider be able to meet and pickup at that time?

Goofyernmost

Even when the ECV was left with Disney Bell Services, sometimes the retrieval could take 10-20 minutes (sometimes as fast as 5 minutes, but that was when they weren't busy and they could find the device immediately).

My biggest concern for me personally is on my departure day - there are times I am picked up by a car service or DME at 6:30am, I would usually just drop off the ECV at Bell Services 10 minutes prior. Will a non-preferred provider be able to meet and pickup at that time?
That is an unanswered question at this point. I'm sorry, but, there is something about this that just smells bad. I guess we will see how it works out.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That is an unanswered question at this point. I'm sorry, but, there is something about this that just smells bad. I guess we will see how it works out.
I think there will be some horror stories to start but hopefully in the longer term the companies are able to adjust and things get better for the customer. As you say , only time will tell.

NickPytlinski

The problem is with the company who won't agree to providing a set time to deliver the ECV and a set time to pick up the ECV, convenient for their customer.

Precisely.

Here's the problem with that: People have a medical need for these devices. They are assistive devices, so the purveyors of them are expected to be offering them in such a manner that those who medically need them can engage their services. So the point is that having an exact time when delivery will be made, and when pickup will be effected, is a required part of the service. If they can't build a business that serves their core customer's needs, then they shouldn't be in business.

A company that rents ECVs expecting Disney to be the go-between between them and their customer is a company run by someone with excessive entitlement mentality, something that we sadly see often in society: This irrational and self-ratifying sense that one has a right to earn profit while forcing someone else to pay some of the costs of their business. How does anyone get to the point that they think like that?

i agree that disney should not be a go between.

The ECV company are a business not a service, they would soon go out of business if they offered set time and dates for every delivery.

the roads and logistics of this is huge if they are a bigger company.

if they are a small company its probably more achievable. On a large scale, no way without a dedicated fleet of delivery trucks. to think otherwise is complete nuts!

probably depends on supply and demand.

NickPytlinski

i agree, basically what i have been trying to say. some people dont understand logistics regarding transporting on the road.

NCDJ2015

You know people that go all the time do not understand, we are not wealthy, we can't go on all the time we make the most of our time while there. My father would gladly love to have his leg back and not need the stupid scooter, he can't really help it. We made the reservations with a 'Disney Approved" vendor so we could get the scooter upon arrival and head out, and 2 months before our trip bam, Disney changes everything. Yes we have to scrimp and save and budget just to go once a year, we cannot afford wasted time sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a scooter to come just because Disney is grubbing for money. And yes I am extremely upset that , my parents and husband can't come unless we waste park time, and my father is very upset that for him to go on the trip he ruins the first day for the rest of us so he does not want to cancel. At this point cancelling is a nightmare so yeah be sarcastic about a disabled man if that what makes you feel good.
if you already had a scooter reserved before 10/1 it is grandfathered in and can still be dropped off at Bell services.....also the remaining approved vendor, Scooterbug , can still drop off at Bell services.

bUU

The ECV company are a business not a service, they would soon go out of business if they offered set time and dates for every delivery.
Then let them go out of business and have other companies emerge who can do what needs doing. Car services have been doing this with people as their cargo for over half a century. An ECV company can figure out a way to deliver and pick up an ECV in a short window having days or weeks notice. And yes, it is the same thing: Their vehicle from their facility to where their customer needs it when their customer needs it.

i agree, basically what i have been trying to say. some people dont understand logistics regarding transporting on the road.
Nonsense. We disagree with you. Again: If car services can do it and have been doing it reliably for over half a century, ECV companies can figure out how to do so as well.

Perhaps you're concerned that it will cut into profits a bit - instead of making windfall profit by shifting some of the costs of doing their business on to Disney they'll have to absorb those costs. Yes, they will. That's not "logistics regarding transporting on the road". That's simply business.

NickPytlinski

Then let them go out of business and have other companies emerge who can do what needs doing. Car services have been doing this with people as their cargo for over half a century. An ECV company can figure out a way to deliver and pick up an ECV in a short window having days or weeks notice. And yes, it is the same thing: Their vehicle from their facility to where their customer needs it when their customer needs it.

Nonsense. We disagree with you. Again: If car services can do it and have been doing it reliably for over half a century, ECV companies can figure out how to do so as well.

Perhaps you're concerned that it will cut into profits a bit - instead of making windfall profit by shifting some of the costs of doing their business on to Disney they'll have to absorb those costs. Yes, they will. That's not "logistics regarding transporting on the road". That's simply business.

are you in the industry?

thomas998

Reading on other threads, it was a problem of sheer volume. What should have been wide-open, guest-friendly spaces were becoming cluttered with excess strollers and ECVs awaiting pick-up and drop-off.
I wish they would look at the number of excessive strollers and ECVs in the park and start charging an additional fee for taking up space in the parks. Maybe that would limit the usage to those that really need.

Lilofan

I wish they would look at the number of excessive strollers and ECVs in the park and start charging an additional fee for taking up space in the parks. Maybe that would limit the usage to those that really need.
Park attendance has been increasing since 2009. With that come challenges of more ECVs and strollers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom