No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

NickPytlinski

Nonsense. I remember there used to be a website that claimed to be the authority on tipping while traveling. It was run by a bellman.

Duh.

The worst analysts for a business are the people who have a vested interest in the industry. What's needed is objectivity and business acumen, two things you don't have.

and clearly you are alan sugar.

#noclue

NickPytlinski

6a3.gif
embarrassing isn't it

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
It seems the logistics issue is pretty simple, from other posts, it appears these companies have drop down options for delivery times on their sites or will give you one if booking on the phone. Each company knows how many units and delivery vehicles they have, it is very simple to figure out how many they can deliver per hour to the various resorts. When one slot fills up, that hour window is removed from the options list and the customer can either choose the next most preferable time or find another supplier that can work with their preferred drop off window.

I think we all get that there may be surge points for when people want drop off/pick up, but every industry has those, if my local AC guy, pest control guy, repair guy, delivery restaurants, and many others can figure out how to make it work, I’m positive these scooter delivery guys can figure it out and provide reasonably reliable estimates and stick to them (obviously unusual circumstances can delay things, but that can happen in literally every other facet of your trip and your life too).

I’m surprised Disney didn’t do this earlier. They shouldn’t have to hire extra staff at every hotel to manage an ECV parking lot/valet service for companies and/or customers who may leave them there all day. Plus, if they are receiving them from multiple companies during a surge check in time, guess what, that’s even more staff that is having to go deal with deliveries instead of checking people in. So maybe instead of waiting an hour with grandpa to get the rental, everyone is waiting an hour to just check in because now the counter is understaffed.

Plus, I’m sure Disney has waivers of liability in place, but still probably has to deal frequently with ornery guests that refuse to believe it (“I certainly didn’t damage the ECV, Disney must have done something to it after I dropped it off!”).

It makes total sense to me that they would limit accepting drop off without the customer being present to just one company that is smoother and easier to work with rather than having innumerable headaches from services that may cause them regular problems.

jaklgreen

You know people that go all the time do not understand, we are not wealthy, we can't go on all the time we make the most of our time while there. My father would gladly love to have his leg back and not need the stupid scooter, he can't really help it. We made the reservations with a 'Disney Approved" vendor so we could get the scooter upon arrival and head out, and 2 months before our trip bam, Disney changes everything. Yes we have to scrimp and save and budget just to go once a year, we cannot afford wasted time sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a scooter to come just because Disney is grubbing for money. And yes I am extremely upset that , my parents and husband can't come unless we waste park time, and my father is very upset that for him to go on the trip he ruins the first day for the rest of us so he does not want to cancel. At this point cancelling is a nightmare so yeah be sarcastic about a disabled man if that what makes you feel good.
I don't see how waiting maybe an hour for a scooter is such a waste of time that you would rather not go then wait. How do you handle other delays like your flight having issues, or the bus is running late? These are all minor life events. I can't imagine the conversation your family had to make your father feel that waiting a short time for his scooter was too much of an inconvenience for the rest of your family. I am sad for him.

NickPytlinski

It seems the logistics issue is pretty simple, from other posts, it appears these companies have drop down options for delivery times on their sites or will give you one if booking on the phone. Each company knows how many units and delivery vehicles they have, it is very simple to figure out how many they can deliver per hour to the various resorts. When one slot fills up, that hour window is removed from the options list and the customer can either choose the next most preferable time or find another supplier that can work with their preferred drop off window.

I think we all get that there may be surge points for when people want drop off/pick up, but every industry has those, if my local AC guy, pest control guy, repair guy, delivery restaurants, and many others can figure out how to make it work, I’m positive these scooter delivery guys can figure it out and provide reasonably reliable estimates and stick to them (obviously unusual circumstances can delay things, but that can happen in literally every other facet of your trip and your life too).

I’m surprised Disney didn’t do this earlier. They shouldn’t have to hire extra staff at every hotel to manage an ECV parking lot/valet service for companies and/or customers who may leave them there all day. Plus, if they are receiving them from multiple companies during a surge check in time, guess what, that’s even more staff that is having to go deal with deliveries instead of checking people in. So maybe instead of waiting an hour with grandpa to get the rental, everyone is waiting an hour to just check in because now the counter is understaffed.

Plus, I’m sure Disney has waivers of liability in place, but still probably has to deal frequently with ornery guests that refuse to believe it (“I certainly didn’t damage the ECV, Disney must have done something to it after I dropped it off!”).

It makes total sense to me that they would limit accepting drop off without the customer being present to just one company that is smoother and easier to work with rather than having innumerable headaches from services that may cause them regular problems.

good post!
someone with some common sense.

DisneyJoe

I'm trying to find their official onsite link, but one vendor published a schedule with 5 routes that services each Disney resort 3 times per day, between 7:45am and 8:45pm. Depending on your arrival time and the resort, you could be waiting a few hours.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm trying to find their official onsite link, but one vendor published a schedule with 5 routes that services each Disney resort 3 times per day, between 7:45am and 8:45pm. Depending on your arrival time and the resort, you could be waiting a few hours.

I posted on another thread. Let me see if I can find it again before someone else does!

See, this is what happens when there are multiple threads on the same subject. 😁

nickys

Premium Member
Buena Vista have announced details of how they will manage the new policy.

Details are here:

Essentially there are 5 routes covering all resorts. Each route will do three meet and greets per day at each resort. If you choose the last time of the day you do not get charged for that day.

MickeyLuv'r

Don't have much skin in this game, except I am surprised that nobody has yet pointed out that WDW used to be more actively in the business of renting and even selling strollers themselves. Then they raised the prices to reduce demand. They knew the demand existed, they opted to not to offer this service (except rentals at a high price).

jaklgreen

Don't have much skin in this game, except I am surprised that nobody has yet pointed out that WDW used to be more actively in the business of renting and even selling strollers themselves. Then they raised the prices to reduce demand. They knew the demand existed, they opted to not to offer this service (except rentals at a high price).

When my kids were young, we rented their double stroller a couple of trips. Right after the big price hike, we spoke to several cast members and they all said that Disney was having an issue with the wheels breaking on the double strollers because people started putting kids in that were well above the weight limit. And adults would even sit in them. On my most recent trip last month I saw a grown woman sitting in one of the double strollers and her kid, who looked to be about 10, was pushing her.

bUU

I don't remember seeing any ECVs in the parks on my first visit. The use of ECVs has obviously skyrocketed. And going back thirty years ago, I recall a bit more acceptance for stroller-weary parents telling children that if they can't walk then they can just sit (on the ground). It isn't that the pre-existing parks cannot or have not yet adjusted - Disney is doing quite a lot to widen passages and such - but rather it seems to me that the "leading edge" of ECV usage, and perhaps even stroller usage beyond a certain point, works against some part of Disney's interests. jaklgreen's comment about a grown woman sitting in a stroller got me thinking about how there seems to be substantially less non-restaurant seating-per-guest now than thirty years ago indicating that Disney (logically) sees an inverse relationship between their success and guests sitting. It's a bit of a vicious circle though: The more Disney works to get guests up on their feet, the more guests work to go beyond the bounds to find ways to sit: blow-up stadium seats to cushion the ground, canes with built-in seats, more ECVs (to ensure one has a place to sit, more so than for mobility itself), etc., so Disney rides a fine line.

cmwade77

@ninjaprincesst There is absolutely no reason to sit around and wait for the ECV to be delivered. Simply rent from Gold Mobility and they will literally be waiting as you get off Magical Express or if you are arriving by car, then at the time you work out via text. Seriously, they are faster and easier than when you could use Bell Services. Additionally, their scooters are never more than 6 months old, are in great condition and come with tons of extras. Oh, and they are cheaper than their competitors. Check out all of their reviews on any site, they are the only company (mobility related or not) I have ever seen that gets nothing but 5 star reviews and honestly, they are well earned reviews.

Check them out, you won't regret it and they have always done things the way the new rules require. And seriously, they wait for you, not you waiting for them.

Last edited:

cmwade77

I don't remember seeing any ECVs in the parks on my first visit. The use of ECVs has obviously skyrocketed. And going back thirty years ago, I recall a bit more acceptance for stroller-weary parents telling children that if they can't walk then they can just sit (on the ground). It isn't that the pre-existing parks cannot or have not yet adjusted - Disney is doing quite a lot to widen passages and such - but rather it seems to me that the "leading edge" of ECV usage, and perhaps even stroller usage beyond a certain point, works against some part of Disney's interests. jaklgreen's comment about a grown woman sitting in a stroller got me thinking about how there seems to be substantially less non-restaurant seating-per-guest now than thirty years ago indicating that Disney (logically) sees an inverse relationship between their success and guests sitting. It's a bit of a vicious circle though: The more Disney works to get guests up on their feet, the more guests work to go beyond the bounds to find ways to sit: blow-up stadium seats to cushion the ground, canes with built-in seats, more ECVs (to ensure one has a place to sit, more so than for mobility itself), etc., so Disney rides a fine line.
Trust me, there are very few people that get ECVs just to have some place to sit. There are many reason we are seeing an increase in mobility needs, some good, some bad, here are just a few reasons:
  • People are tending to live longer than ever before and live a quality of life that allows them to attend things like theme parks. I remember back in the late 90s meeting a lady that had just turned 100 and spent the day riding Indiana Jones repeatedly and I thought that was incredible then, although they may not ride the same attraction repeatedly, I now see people 80+ regularly attending Disney parks, some lasting longer than I do in a day, but many need mobility devices to get around.
  • Of course living longer is a good reason, but sadly many of the younger crowd are needing devices due to such issues as:
    • Injuries due to being pushed too hard in P.E. in high school. Seriously, many people now end up with life long injuries because P.E. teachers are pushing them to play tackle football or other dangerous activities.
    • Our diets are becoming worse with GMOs, fad diets (yes, fad diets have always been around, but some of the current ones can cause inflammation and other issues which can make any preexisting conditions worse), etc.
    • Another issue is that it is becoming harder for people to push wheelchairs, especially over the terrain in the parks, which means people who maybe used to have someone that could push them no longer have that option, which means they now need an ECV.
    • And one that is specific to Disney is that before they changed to the DAS, those who could walk, but not stand for long periods of time were offered assistance and now the response is to get a wheelchair or ECV, so unfortunately this part of the increase is on Disney. I am sure if they thought it through enough they could come up with better options and it would reduce ECV usage to some degree.
As I said, these are a few reasons and yes there are exceptions to these as well, but this is some of why we see an increase in the number of ECVs. Although if Disney does keep removing non-restaurant seating, I think you will end up being right in that there will be an increase in the number of ECVs just to provide places to sit, so Disney does need to rethink that strategy a bit in the long term.

DisneyJoe

@ninjaprincesst There is absolutely no reason to sit around and wait for the ECV to be delivered. Simply rent from Gold Mobility and they will literally be waiting as you get off Magical Express or if you are arriving by car, then at the time you work out via text. Seriously, they are faster and easier than when you could use Bell Services. Additionally, their scooters are never more than 6 months old, are in great condition and come with tons of extras. Oh, and they are cheaper than their competitors. Check out all of their reviews on any site, they are the only company (mobility related or not) I have ever seen that gets nothing but 5 star reviews and honestly, they are well earned reviews.

Check them out, you won't regret it and they have always done things the way the new rules require. And seriously, they wait for you, not you waiting for them.
Would they meet me at 6:15am before I head to the airport to go home?

cmwade77

Would they meet me at 6:15am before I head to the airport to go home?
For that one you would have to talk to them, but they may be able to do something. If nothing else, they are working on the ability to drop off the ECV at the airport. Same goes for the ability to pick up.

For me, I am able to handle letting them pick up the night before, but I know that doesn't work for everyone, so it is nice they are working on other options.

But seriously, give them a call, they will work with you to figure out what will work for you.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
We had a bunch of issues but none because of the scooter, just Disney messing up our dining plan credits. it turns out since we were pre booked from months before the trip we were still able to use Apple , i will know in the future just use Scooter Bug. I noticed a lot of people at the resort were having major issues concerning grocery deleveries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom