No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
I just read on another site that Disney will no longer allow outside food, strollers or scooters to be delivered to the resorts, that you will have to meet these vendors outside the hotel. I was just wondering if any one else had heard this and if it would also apply to the Disney approved scooter rental companies. ?

nickys

Premium Member
I just read on another site that Disney will no longer allow outside food, strollers or scooters to be delivered to the resorts, that you will have to meet these vendors outside the hotel. I was just wondering if any one else had heard this and if it would also apply to the Disney approved scooter rental companies. ?

Being discussed here:

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Being discussed here:

This is going to really stink for people who have mobility issues where they need the scooter going to and from the parks.

nickys

Premium Member
This is going to really stink for people who have mobility issues where they need the scooter going to and from the parks.

You can still have them delivered, you just need to meet the vendor. It’s more of a problem for getting to your room on arrival or having to wait around for the delivery.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
You can still have them delivered, you just need to meet the vendor. It’s more of a problem for getting to your room on arrival or having to wait around for the delivery.
Yeah we usually check our carry on luggage and go straight to the parks, my daughter will be none to happy about waiting around the hotel for hours to get her grandpa a scooter.

bUU

I think its just that too many people started taking advantage of Disney's hospitality and they were tired of having to take deliveries and keep them safe.
Yes, for some reason Disney fandom seems to lead to an excessive sense of entitlement and exploitative conduct that Disney continually has confront either by putting an end to something or putting a price on it. If they can't do one they have to do the other, or people would just continue to exploit and abuse more and more and more.

eliza61nyc

Yeah we usually check our carry on luggage and go straight to the parks, my daughter will be none to happy about waiting around the hotel for hours to get her grandpa a scooter.
You won't have to wait around for hours. People stop making " much Ado about" nothing. We did this last August for a wheelchair we needed, we simply coordinated our arrival time with the company. We made it 30 minutes later than our time and was there to get it when he arrived.
Cell phones make it ridiculously easy.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They're now saying this is only for scooters, wheelchairs and strollers. How is it that people were taking advantage again?

Because it used to be a limited amount of people that would rent outside wheelchairs/scooters/strollers and then suddenly it became this major "tip" of oh don't bring your own or rent from the park when you could just rent from an outside company and Disney will keep it safe for you.
So many people started doing it that Disney was like hey this is getting hard to handle so each of you can handle your own responsibilities.
It should not be Disney's responsibility to handle your outside business.

JIMINYCR

When you are thinking only about yourself and your few items it seems petty, but if you think of the huge number of guests arranging deliveries that takes up bell services time and space, it compromises their ability to do their normal duties. So its not a "Disney once again being greedy and sticking it to the poor guest" thing. Its a sensible business decision that addresses a problem that has risen up over time.

nickys

Premium Member
When you are thinking only about yourself and your few items it seems petty, but if you think of the huge number of guests arranging deliveries that takes up bell services time and space, it compromises their ability to do their normal duties. So its not a "Disney once again being greedy and sticking it to the poor guest" thing. Its a sensible business decision that addresses a problem that has risen up over time.

It seems this is also to do with issues like damage to ECVs etc at the end of a rental, where people were claiming it was damaged when they collected it. Disney doesn’t want the hassle or liability anymore, and I can’t blame them for that.

Plus a lack of space to store them, and problems like lost keys etc.

Club Cooloholic

Many hotels charge a premium to take a mail delivery, especially based on size and hold it for you. Disney probably was in a can't win situation where they charge for the delivery, guest is already unhappy with them. By just eliminating it all together they don't have to worry about it. I would guess too, that some of this has to do with the rise of grubhub and all that as well and supermarket orders. Again if someone orders stuff, it gets delivered and the food spoils while the bellman have it, the customers are mad at Disney about something Disney did not want to be responsible for in the first place as they get no benefit from it.

nickys

Premium Member
Many hotels charge a premium to take a mail delivery, especially based on size and hold it for you. Disney probably was in a can't win situation where they charge for the delivery, guest is already unhappy with them. By just eliminating it all together they don't have to worry about it. I would guess too, that some of this has to do with the rise of grubhub and all that as well and supermarket orders. Again if someone orders stuff, it gets delivered and the food spoils while the bellman have it, the customers are mad at Disney about something Disney did not want to be responsible for in the first place as they get no benefit from it.

This doesn’t apply to grocery orders!

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Where did you leave grandpa when you went straight to the parks without it?
He I an amputee with one leg, he can not walk from the buses to the parks he has to have a scooter to get to the parks, we always had the scooter waiting on us so we would not lose park time. This is just disney trying to force people to rent them from the parks , but many people need them to get to the parks. It really is unfair to expect us to give up park time waiting and its unrealistic to think that the scooter companies can be there to deliver more than 3 or four times a day so there is going to be considerable park time lost.
Yes, for some reason Disney fandom seems to lead to an excessive sense of entitlement and exploitative conduct that Disney continually has confront either by putting an end to something or putting a price on it. If they can't do one they have to do the other, or people would just continue to exploit and abuse more and more and more.
This is not entitlement when you are talking about disabled people. They dont rent scooters st the hotels , disabled people can not walk the distances from buses or monorail or boats to rent one on the park they need them to snd from the parks as well so now you are forcing disabled people to give up park ti.e waiting on a scooter. This is now going against the ADA.
You won't have to wait around for hours. People stop making " much Ado about" nothing. We did this last August for a wheelchair we needed, we simply coordinated our arrival time with the company. We made it 30 minutes later than our time and was there to get it when he arrived.
Cell phones make it ridiculously easy.
Well with them not being able to leave them at bell services it is just not going to be possible for the companies to be to every hotel 20 times a day so, yes it will be taking a serious chunk of park time away,

Last edited:

correcaminos

He I an amputee with one leg, he can not walk from the buses to the parks he has to have a scooter to get to the parks, we always had the scooter waiting on us so we would not lose park time. This is just disney trying to force people to rent them from the parks , but many people need them to get to the parks. It really is unfair to expect us to give up park time waiting and its unrealistic to think that the scooter companies can be there to deliver more than 3 or four times a day so there is going to be considerable park time lost.

This is not entitlement when you are talking about disabled people. They dont rent scooters st the hotels , disabled people can not walk the distances from buses or monorail or boats to rent one on the park they need them to snd from the parks as well so now you are forcing disabled people to give up park ti.e waiting on a scooter. This is now going against the ADA.

Well with them not being able to leave them at bell services it is just not going to be possible for the companies to be to every hotel 20 tines a day so, yes it will be taking a serious chunk of park time away,
I hear you. And with how awful insurance is, we were advised to leave ours at home since we fly. It's kind of a pain for those who need it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom