No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I love how everything Disney does is motivated by greed. Just stop and take the tinfoil hat off for a few minutes, i promise you the big bad Mouse isnt always out to get your wallets, lol.

horizons82

What really annoys me about something like this (and this goes for any business and not just WDW), is that the people who end up having to deal with the problems this sort of change creates are going to be the park CMs.

It's another case where upper management decides to enact some new change or policy that will upset customers for the sake of raking in more money, but it's not the uppers who will have to deal with the complaints the change will create (how convenient).

I personally don't bring food into the park so it doesn't impact me money-wise, but I sure do feel for all of the CMs who are going to have to deal with telling people what they can't bring in and dealing with all of the people who are used to being able to bring things in who will complain about no longer being able to.

It's an instance where people at the top who don't have to deal with the complaints and customers enact change that is going to upset people and cause a lot of grief for the lower workers who are the ones who have to actually deal face-to-face with those impacted.

Sorry for the rant...off my soapbox now.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Water? Like out of the toilet?

Yep. All I drink is Brawndo myself.

Anyway, to come full circle, one of the best ways to insure yourself privacy whilst eating your carefully prepared picnic lunch in a Disney park is to use a toilet stall for the meal.

67a2a9d4.jpg

rael ramone

Last thought...

Personally I think that they should work at reducing the amount of people bringing in lunch items for non-health reasons.

By making the food consistently better, better price points, have more places open, staff them appropriately, and always allow walkups to table service locations that have empty tables.

That's a solution that would benefit me as a guest.

DisneyFans4Life

What's funny is that this thread is now 19 pages long, people are bickering back and forth about being too cheap or that if you can't afford a bag of pretzels you are trash and don't belong at Disney or where water comes from.

Last I heard...NOTHING has actually been confirmed yet, yet we all have our panties in a wad over pure speculation...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Now as far as 'health' reasons.

Again, to be fair: There are plenty of people who say they have allergies, and they really don't. I've read somewhere that as far as young adults go, for every one that has food allergies, there are four that claim to but really don't. And let's not forget how many have been 'diagnosed' through the TV by Dr. Oz....

The most important thing about food allergies is that they be consistent. If they say they will allow food for those who need it for health reasons, they need to always allow it. People who know that they can't bring food that they need will be able to make other arrangements. If it's random (based on the skills/mood/understanding of security), then it's like Russian roulette with guests health - they go in anyway, find that table service won't seat them since they didn't plan 6 months ago, and end up taking a chance that the low paid quick service workers know about 'cross-contact' (not exactly the same as 'cross-contamination') and have the facilities to prepare food in this manner.

http://www.foodallergy.org/tools-an...ross-contact?gclid=CM7cu83Qp8sCFZVahgodjFkHqw

A relative of mine carries an EpiPen wherever the person goes - which in this persons case just buys them time to make it to the ER if they eat something that has touched peanuts.

In the end, consistency is the key.

Yes the EpiPen carriers tend to REALLY have an allergy and are not using the 'allergies' card for extra attention.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Last thought...

Personally I think that they should work at reducing the amount of people bringing in lunch items for non-health reasons.

By making the food consistently better, better price points, have more places open, staff them appropriately, and always allow walkups to table service locations that have empty tables.

That's a solution that would benefit me as a guest.

But it would not benefit WDW as an organization, For me when water was a buck for a 20 oz bottle I paid even though it was .59 outside heck I was on VACATION so a moderate delta was not a problem because I did not want to play pack mule, I stopped when water broke 2 bucks.and outside water was .69 at that point I felt gouged and refused to pay perhaps if it had been a premium water it would have been worth the delta but it's not it's the same filtered municipal water sold elsewhere for much less.

When a drink of water for 4 breaks 10 bucks - people will find alternatives. Disney was once a PREMIUM experience with a higher than normal pricetag yet because of the quality of experience it was WORTH it. Now it's a value engineered experience with a PREMIUM pricetag without the premium service to match.

llrain

I am here now and honestly after going twice a year for the past 8 years I have not spent a single dime on alcohol this trip and am noticing small things price changed from the Las time I paid attention like the I think 11oz bottle of oj from my gift shop was priced at 4.50 so I opted as well to skip the daily bottle of oj..it's just crazy now that ia noticing a beer that is like 12 Oz for 8.00, I don't recall them being that much.thats like 2 gulps for 8..
Like a $4 bowl of cereal?
How about a $1.70 for a single apple?
or $4 for a fruit cup..

Just because they are 'cheap' by Disney standards doesn't make them any more appealing to pay for. And after a few incidents of feeling gouged, customers are even LESS happy about paying what could even be 'reasonable' prices, so they are even more tolerable to burdens to do things NOT to pay the prices asked.

I said it earlier... happy customers are willing to forgive. Jaded customers will continue to look where to cut corners wherever possible and not feel bad about it.

Disney can play wack-a-mole with revenue leaks, but they're going to lose the war in the long run when everyone is a jaded customer and they lose their status as the 'must do' family event with future generations.

BigThunderMatt

Last I heard...NOTHING has actually been confirmed yet, yet we all have our panties in a wad over pure speculation...

Given every business decision Disney has made in the last month, this is far from the realm of speculation and the only real question is "when is this going to happen?"

Spirit has rarely been proven wrong in these instances. It may not happen next week or next month but I would bet this rule will be in place before the end of the year in some form if not a complete blanket ban. As someone stated earlier, diet needs are not covered under ADA so they can't just shout "discrimination".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The one thing that stands out to me about Disney food is it is loaded with salt. Everything is loaded with, they salt the salads somehow. I think they may dunk the lettuce in brine? They might sprinkle it with MSG?

It makes my blood pressure go up, I can measure it. My BP is up for days after going to WDW and I know people will say I'm eating pretzels etc. all the time but I'm not. I avoid anything salty and have for years. Some how they salt everything at WDW for favor I'm sure but it will spike your BP.

It might be the stress in dealing with WDW issues not WDW salting their food, Just sayin

Clamman73

I am here now and honestly after going twice a year for the past 8 years I have not spent a single dime on alcohol this trip and am noticing small things price changed from the Las time I paid attention like the I think 11oz bottle of oj from my gift shop was priced at 4.50 so I opted as well to skip the daily bottle of oj..it's just crazy now that ia noticing a beer that is like 12 Oz for 8.00, I don't recall them being that much.thats like 2 gulps for 8..
BYOB

Alice a

Okay, de-lurking to post this: I'm a PA at an age management medical practice who goes to wdw twice a year. I run about 20 food allergy labs a day, and most people have some kind of allergy or sensitivity, whether they know it or not.

The biggest one is dairy- not necessarily digestive symptoms, but headaches, extra phlegm, etc. I mean, even coffee and coke can cause kidney stones, so if a doctor's note is needed, well, most people could provide that if pushed.

Also, I'm not really a foodie, but I'm less than 5 ft tall and also like to eat a balanced diet. I go twice a year for 4-6 days total per year. I spend north of $10k on merch, travel, and accommodations. And due to a lot of bad experiences, I bring my own food- usually a salad or sandwich- for lunch at magic kingdom and Hollywood Studios. The actual qs options for lunch absolutely blow if you want something tasty that is also fresh- the salad qs options at hs = dismal. While the prices suck, it's the quality that grates.

If they ban outside food, they better offer some new options.

Nj4mwc

Originally Coke wanted Disney not to put any water fountains in Disneyland and only sell coke. LOL.

You might be right on the sodas. I don't think many people know you can get a free cup of water at the QS. End that as well. $1 for a water at QS. Disney doesn't owe people free water.
I assume disney does the free quick service water to help keep people hydrated in the florida heat. But they know most will still pay for a bottle. Me personally am fine with thevwater fountains

erasure fan1

There are plenty of cheap meal options at QS. If you can't place them in budget then you really can't afford it
OK whats your point? I said I don't like paying $25 a day on water, I didn't mention anything about quick service. But since you bring it up,
allearsnet said:
Soups/Salads
Southwest Chicken Salad - Mixed Greens, Chicken, Monterey Jack Cheese, Tomato, Roasted Corn, Jalapenos, and Chipotle Ranch $10.99

Southwest Salad with Beef - Mixed Greens, Beef, Monterey Jack Cheese, Tomato, Roasted Corn, Jalapenos, and Chipotle Ranch $11.99

Chicken Enchilada Soup $5.99

Entrees
Steak Beef Fajita Platter - with Cilantro Rice, Beans, and Tortilla $14.49

Chicken Fajita Platter - with Cilantro Rice, Beans, and Tortilla $13.49

Spicy Beef Burrito - with Cilantro Rice and Beans $11.99

Chicken Burrito - with Cilantro Rice and Beans $11.99

Spicy Beef Rice Bowl $12.99

Chicken Rice Bowl $12.99

Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl $9.99

Side Dishes
Chips $3.99

For Children Ages 3-9
Uncrustables PB&J - with grapes and carrot sticks $5.49

Macaroni & Cheese - with grapes and carrot sticks $5.99

Quesadilla - with Grapes and Carrot Sticks $6.99
So I guess again if you don't feel like paying $16 a person for a rice bowl and drink or $6 for a pb&j kids meal, you are a peasant who shouldn't be at Disney. I can bring my kid a bag of grapes and a uncrustable and juice box for about $1 if not less, so that means I can't afford Disney? I think it means I am not crazy.

UncleMike101

Most of Florida water is surface origination with lots of dissolved minerals. Perfectly safe but not a rushing mountain stream than allows lots to precipitate out.
Our water comes from deep wells.
The only thing they have to do is remove the iron and add a little Chlorine in the summer to the above ground holding tanks.
The water is hard but tastes great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom