NO JINGLE CRUISE

Practical Pig

I would totally be ok with that. It would be nice if they would actually do something to make that show building seem less like a 60s era elementary school inside.

I would totally support a re-imaging of IASW's show-building interior effects. With they way it's shoved into that warehouse, it's so clear that this was an attraction designed for a different venue. With today's projection tech and a little paint (and fresh carpeting), they could do so much more to make that experience more immersive.

Ismael Flores

I really wonder why no Jingle Cruise? It seems like the lines were longer during the overlay. Not that it was good but people found it amusing.

I just wish that they would add An indoor section to the jungle cruise. Seems like the first part of the ride has an area that would work great with an indoor section to coincide with the ruins that are scattered around. With all the technology available they could make a pretty interesting show scene.

As for IASW, they really do need to update the show show room with new paint, lighting and most of all update the facade so that it has integrated LED lights so they don’t have to damage the facade all the time with those outdated Christmas lights

George Lucas on a Bench

The argument that the normal versions of attractions have short waits isn't really valid anymore. With the parks so crowded, it's rare that anything has that short of a wait. Short wait times are on days of major AP blockage and freak incidents. HM consistently filled up the surrounding area with a waiting line this year. I think operations would prefer them not being the Christmas versions.

Phroobar

If the park is always packed and lines for HMH are always twice as long as for the regular version, does that make HMH more popular? Maybe Disney should just leave it that way all year around? Who doesn't like year old gingerbread?

Ismael Flores

The argument that the normal versions of attractions have short waits isn't really valid anymore. With the parks so crowded, it's rare that anything has that short of a wait. Short wait times are on days of major AP blockage and freak incidents. HM consistently filled up the surrounding area with a waiting line this year. I think operations would prefer them not being the Christmas versions.
That could be true, it’s just that I have seen the park packed with huge lines everywhere and the jungle cruise still only using a portion of the lower queue. Last year during this weird overlay every time I past by the ride they had the upper queue open and full with it decreasing in the evening hours normally.
These overlays as much as we hate the downtime do seem to attract bigger crowds and it’s quite visible by the length of the queues. IASW, HMH, SPGG and this jingle cruise do see an up surge in wait times

TROR

The only improvement they could make to IASW that would really actually have any impact is to flood the canals. Instead of just a single flume running through a building with drops on either side of it, just fill the rooms all up with water. Help hide all of the exposed wires as well. I believe Walt Disney World's is like this if I'm not mistaken. It's really the only thing I want to see changed on the attraction even though I know it won't happen.

mickEblu

The only improvement they could make to IASW that would really actually have any impact is to flood the canals. Instead of just a single flume running through a building with drops on either side of it, just fill the rooms all up with water. Help hide all of the exposed wires as well. I believe Walt Disney World's is like this if I'm not mistaken. It's really the only thing I want to see changed on the attraction even though I know it won't happen.

I like this idea. You don't think getting rid of the ceiling tiles and painting the ceiling to look like the sky would have any impact? Or painting some of the background walls. Or projections in general?

TROR

I like this idea. You don't think getting ride of the ceiling tiles and painting the ceiling to look like the sky would have any impact? Or painting some of the background walls. Or projections in general?

Painting the ceiling would be nice but as long as the wires are all exposed and the rooms aren't full of water, it won't do anything for me. Now if the canals were flooded and they painted the ceiling I'd love it. But I just need a water filled show building before I even care about any other improvements on the ride.

Rich T

I'm in the camp that prefers the flume. It's part of the charm and quaintness of iasm's original form; it makes it feel like you're riding through a giant popup book.

Really, though, I'm okay with any change to iasm as long as it still looks like Mary Blair's ride. That's the key. This ride owes everything to her design. Love it or not, it is a work of art and one of the few theme park attractions anywhere that should actually have the artist's signature enlarged and posted over the exit.

mickEblu

I'm in the camp that prefers the flume. It's part of the charm and quaintness of iasm's original form; it makes it feel like you're riding through a giant popup book.

Really, though, I'm okay with any change to iasm as long as it still looks like Mary Blair's ride. That's the key. This ride owes everything to her design. Love it or not, it is a work of art and one of the few theme park attractions anywhere that should actually have the artist's signature enlarged and posted over the exit.

Is her signature there now? I was at an auction where a couple of her Cinderella pieces sold between 10-20k. If I only had that kind of money lying around...

Rich T

It's not there, but it should be--along with the Sherman Brothers' signatures. And, yeah, boy would I love to have a Mary Blair original. As I aged and found out more about Disney history, I realized she was responsible for much of the style of my favorite Disney films and many of the things I loved most about DL. Her and Rolly Crump.

dweezil78

The parks are more crowded during the holidays, so the lines are longer.

True...but if you slap a sign on the outside of any random attraction and imply there is something different inside (especially for the holidays) it's always going to be an extra draw.

Phroobar

The IASW flume setup is what is used on all versions of the attraction except MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom