NO JINGLE CRUISE

mickEblu

Seriously, give it a shot (the pilot episode called "Woo-Hoo!" is officially free on Youtube). The animation style grew on me: It's snappy, fluid, well-drawn, and aims to capture the colors and framing of the Scrooge comic books. It's witty, it gives the characters more depth and complexity (Donald and Scrooge apparently had a major falling-out in the past--Now we've learned it probably involves the disappearance of Donald's sister), and it really, really cares about the source material. And unlike the original (which was a wonderful kids' show) this one is aimed at adults and kids equally. The season is one long story arc (just witnessed Gryro's inspiration for the yet-to-come Gizmoduck suit). So far, it really, really works. Okay, I'll stop now before before my geekometer overheats. :D

Oh, and the Beagle Boys are backwoods rednecks. :D

Haha nice, doesn't sound too bad. So does it air on the Disney channel XD or something?

SuddenStorm

Without having read the last 6 pages, one of the best skippers I had on the Jungle Cruise was during the Jingle overlay. The dude killed it (which is really rare) and most of the jokes were fresh, that I hadn't heard before (which is also increasingly rare).

But, I rode the ride dozens of times with the overlay over the years, and most skippers didn't embrace overlay. The Christmas jokes were an afterthought, almost a hindrance on their already weak spiel. Seriously. Disney really needs to start forcing their skippers to take comedy classes if they don't already, or start recruiting from local comedy clubs.

Phroobar

155052351_3b0c9a31ab_b.jpg

Whenever I see this statue, I mind hears....

Brass Monkey, that funky Monkey
Brass Monkey junkie
That funky Monkey

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I can only dream of a yesterland article titled Holiday Overlays.

The shame is, the Jingle Cruise is one of two overlays that still retain the spirit of the classic version- but with a festive spin (the other is Small World Holiday). Haunted Mansion Holiday is a mess, Ghost Galaxy has an awful soundtrack with poor effects.

As much as I despise overlays, this one was tolerable, and fun to do once a year. I don't want to say I'll miss it, but I will say that it was the best of an iffy situation, and would much rather see Disney keep this overlay and end Ghost Galaxy or HMH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom