NO JINGLE CRUISE

Californian Elitist

I'm an AP as well, so I know it's hypocritical to complain about the crowds that I am contributing to, but holiday overlays don't change the frequency with which I visit, while I believe they do cause others to visit much more frequently.

As to your second point, I totally agree. Small World Holiday gets a little long in the tooth before it's taken down in mid-January, and it's annoying to have rides down/not be able to ride the original versions for so long. For example, I have little interest in ghost galaxy.

Ghost Galaxy kind of sucks, I agree. It's not scary at all, and Disney could have done better. Hyperspace Mountain was better than Ghost Galaxy, and there weren't many visuals.

Yes, very annoying! I didn't mind as a child, but these kinds of things now bother me as an adult.

mickEblu

Ghost Galaxy kind of sucks, I agree. It's not scary at all, and Disney could have done better. Hyperspace Mountain was better than Ghost Galaxy, and there weren't many visuals.

Yes, very annoying! I didn't mind as a child, but these kinds of things now bother me as an adult.

For some reason my wife and I liked Ghost Galaxy much more when first riding 3 years ago. I rode again recently and was underwhelmed. Maybe because I'm comparing to Hyper Space Mountain now. I do like the projections and audio outside though. I know this might sound blasphemous but I think riding HSM may have done the same thing to the original version. Made a little underwhelming as there feels like there is a loss of energy and the ride even feels slower.

Rich T

Not a single one of the beloved E-ticket attractions were ever designed with the thought of having the experience changed (usually for the worse) by a holiday overlay. Disneyland has no trouble packing people in; there is no need for any of this.

Decorate Main Street and have a great parade (and bring back the silly version of the reindeer!). That's all they need to do. And play up that wonderful little Christmas cabin at Big Thun... oh, right. Bummer.

Californian Elitist

For some reason my wife and I liked Ghost Galaxy much more when first riding 3 years ago. I rode again recently and was underwhelmed. Maybe because I'm comparing to Hyper Space Mountain now. I do like the projections and audio outside though. I know this might sound blasphemous but I think riding HSM may have done the same thing to the original version. Made a little underwhelming as there feels like there is a loss of energy and the ride even feels slower.

Ditto. I liked Ghost Galaxy when it first came around, but now... Not so much. I'm just not impressed. Delores (the name of the ghost) does nothing for me and I don't like the audio.

HSM was fun the first few times, but I'm glad it's gone. Lol.

TROR

I don't dislike Ghost Galaxy, is definitely nowhere near the regular Space Mountain, but I wonder if Space Station 77 and the rockets were being attacked by an alien monster or by a large alien naval fleet would suit the attraction better for Halloween.

mickEblu

Not a single one of the beloved E-ticket attractions were ever designed with the thought of having the experience changed (usually for the worse) by a holiday overlay. Disneyland has no trouble packing people in; there is no need for any of this.

Decorate Main Street and have a great parade (and bring back the silly version of the reindeer!). That's all they need to do. And play up that wonderful little Christmas cabin at Big Thun... oh, right. Bummer.

Well actually The Guardians Halloween overlay was designed with that in mind. Wait, nevermind, it's not an original attraction or beloved.

Rich T

Bummer, indeed. I loved Big Thunder Ranch. It felt homey and not corporate. The cabin was quaint and nice and I loved the animals. But since it wasn't attached to a movie, it had to go.
Even though it was a "temp" attraction, the ranch was beautifully done and a great place to relax. My whole family will miss it. It can't be overstated how much kids *love* and remember petting zoos, and this one was done incredibly well.

I also loved the fact that DL had an attraction where it was recommended that you wash your hands before exiting. That kind of down-to-earth grittiness has always been one of Frontierland's unique charms

And, come to think of it, hand-washing basins should be installed at the exits to Buzz and Midway Mania, too. :D

TROR

Featuring "Itchy's Adult Screening Room."
2_2.jpg

Californian Elitist

Even though it was a "temp" attraction, the ranch was beautifully done and a great place to relax. My whole family will miss it. It can't be overstated how much kids *love* and remember petting zoos, and this one was done incredibly well.

I also loved the fact that DL had an attraction where it was recommended that you wash your hands before exiting. That kind of down-to-earth grittiness has always been one of Frontierland's unique charms

And, come to think of it, hand-washing basins should be installed at the exits to Buzz and Midway Mania, too. :D

Agreed!

NobodyElse

Having Jingle Cruise take a year off (for whatever reason) is probably a good idea. Maybe this could be the start of a "Seasonal Overlay Hiatus Rotation"? Jingle Cruise can come back next year, but HMH takes a year off. The year after that, It's A Small World remains untouched.

Rinse, repeat.

VJ

Disney should just do away with refurbishments altogether. Instead of interrupting poor Susie's vacation, let's turn back the clock to the nostalgic Pressler/Harriss days of yore! I know I'm not the only one yearning for those days, right guys?

Right...?

...guys...?

Phroobar

Disney should just do away with refurbishments altogether. Instead of interrupting poor Susie's vacation, let's turn back the clock to the nostalgic Pressler/Harriss days of yore! I know I'm not the only one yearning for those days, right guys?

Right...?

...guys...?
Sorry, I don't want to get killed at Disneyland due to poor ride maintenance.

VJ

Sorry, I don't want to get killed at Disneyland due to poor ride maintenance.
I see people who complain about refurbishments or the ride they want being down during their visit and while it's definitely a bummer, it's really not something worth complaining about to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom