No filet mignon during free dining rumor??

CoasterKing

Stop blaming Free Dining for the reason Disney has decided to cut back service. The next thing I'll hear is Free Dining is to blame for Fantasmic being cut to once a day or the reason there is only one refillable mug design. :lookaroun

Here's a new one for ya, you can blame free dining on Pleasure Island closing!! They need the room for extra restaurants to handle all the extra load when free dining is offered!! :brick:

Also, I agree that when you book your trip a year in advance on say a bounceback offer, only later to learn that either the free dining has been downgraded or the menu has been lightened, then that is misleading. :shrug:

CoasterKing :king:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Ok, silly question here (please forgive me, this is my first time doing the dining plan....)

On the menus, do they have a certain section of the menu that dining plan users have to order off of, or can they choose anything on the menu? We're going in September, and I'm not sure how it works.

Does anyone know if this change will affect Cali Grill? I looked at the menus that Steve had links too, and I still saw filet of beef on there, so I hope it will be there when we go. I would totally be willing to pay extra for it if needed! The oak fired filet with BBQ was AMAZING!

Thanks for your help!
The TS credit allows you one entree, one non-alcoholic/non-specialty beverage and a dessert. Where you have to determine what you're allowed and what you're not is if they have multiple sections on the menu that aren't labeled "entrees" or "desserts". But generally, a steak is an entree and desserts are cakes, pies and sweet things like creme brule...

aj_steig

The TS credit allows you one entree, one non-alcoholic/non-specialty beverage and a dessert. Where you have to determine what you're allowed and what you're not is if they have multiple sections on the menu that aren't labeled "entrees" or "desserts". But generally, a steak is an entree and desserts are cakes, pies and sweet things like creme brule...

That's what I thought, thank you for the clarification. This is our first time doing the dining plan, so I guess I will just see when we get there (can't be too difficult, right?)I'm sure our server will be able to help if we have questions.

Thanks for your help Monty!:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That's what I thought, thank you for the clarification. This is our first time doing the dining plan, so I guess I will just see when we get there (can't be too difficult, right?)I'm sure our server will be able to help if we have questions.

Thanks for your help Monty!:wave:
Any time!

Actually, Cali Grill confused me the most, back when appetizer was part of TS credits [oh, the good old days! :lol:] they had a bunch of different sections of menu that all were 'sort of' appetizers... But none of them said "Appetizers" as a heading... Turned out the only thing that wasn't considered an appetizer was the Sushi/Sushimi part... Of course, DS proceeded to order Sushimi anyway. :rolleyes:

disney9752

wow i can remember the days BEFORE adr's when u had to pick where u wanted to eat when u got to wdw, maybe had to wait a while for a table, but you could eat where u wanted THAT DAY usually, not deciding 180 in advance..:fork:

bingie

So far Cast Members at Le Cellier have not been told that the tenderloin or mignon will be removed from the menu for free dining. Also, the beef is not subsidized, Canadian beef is very expensive to have transported to the US.:)

... and the steak is not actually from Canada .... shhhh :lookaroun:zipit::eek:

Grim Grinner

I'm devastated. The Filet at Kona Cafe was the finest I'd ever had anywhere–and I'd had great cuts of beef all over the planet. I'll be there is just 29 days from now, but eating there and enjoying that great filet again was something the wife and I really looked forward to. Call us strange, but that was one of the parts of our upcoming trip we were looking most forward to.

A friend clued us in on Kona during our last trip and it was the best meal, great service and we were seated without reservations.

Wow...this isn't a great way to wake up in the morning.

constee

I'm devastated. The Filet at Kona Cafe was the finest I'd ever had anywhere–and I'd had great cuts of beef all over the planet. I'll be there is just 29 days from now, but eating there and enjoying that great filet again was something the wife and I really looked forward to. Call us strange, but that was one of the parts of our upcoming trip we were looking most forward to.

A friend clued us in on Kona during our last trip and it was the best meal, great service and we were seated without reservations.

Wow...this isn't a great way to wake up in the morning.

You're not crazy at all! We're off to WDW in 14 days. The last day of our trip we are going to Kona because we loved it so much last time we were there. We feel the exact same way that you and your wife do about the filets. So sad :(

teebin

I just looked at all the menus for the upscale restaurants and there was Filet Mignon on almost every menu. What is every one crying about? Are the menus out of date?

Crazy4WDW1

I'll be heading to WDW next Tuesday, 8/19 with the rest of my group getting there this Saturday. We have some great ressies for a few restaurants that we've never tried. No free dining here. My friends are DVC members and we're all AP holders so we have the DDE card. However, I look forward every trip to a nice filet or two during our trips to WDW. That is the only place I ever eat a filet. I'm not a big fan of other cuts of beef.

maggiegrace1

I think that everyone who is so upset that the filet is going to be gone should all just boycott Disney....

It will make it all less crowded for me..:D

It is just a cut of meat guys..seriously.....:shrug:

You can get filet at home from a store or a restaurant......it really is not that big of deal.

Crazy4WDW1

I think that everyone who is so upset that the filet is going to be gone should all just boycott Disney....

It will make it all less crowded for me..:D

It is just a cut of meat guys..seriously.....:shrug:

You can get filet at home from a store or a restaurant......it really is not that big of deal.

Yes, it may only be a cut of meat, but when it is something that you look forward to having, it's a dissapointment to know that is now not available. As far as getting it at home . . . what's the fun in that? I could stay home and eat hot dogs too, but they're not going to taste as good as the ones I get at Casey's, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

maggiegrace1

Yes, it may only be a cut of meat, but when it is something that you look forward to having, it's a dissapointment to know that is now not available. As far as getting it at home . . . what's the fun in that? I could stay home and eat hot dogs too, but they're not going to taste as good as the ones I get at Casey's, that's for sure. :rolleyes:
I understand that completely...and I have foods that I look forward to eating at Disney also..but some people are acting like this is such a horrible thing and that they are so disappointed and make it seem like their trip will be ruined if they can not get a filet while at the world..and that is why I say.."it is just a cut of meat"...and if you let that ruin a trip or make it less enjoyable..well then something is wrong there.:shrug:

tigsmom

I understand that completely...and I have foods that I look forward to eating at Disney also..but some people are acting like this is such a horrible thing and that they are so disappointed and make it seem like their trip will be ruined if they can not get a filet while at the world..and that is why I say.."it is just a cut of meat"...and if you let that ruin a trip or make it less enjoyable..well then something is wrong there.:shrug:

I agree. It's just a cut of meat, a nice one, but still it's just a steak. :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
See, meat isn't important at all...

What really burns my britches and truly ruins my entire vacation is when the ticket media they give me has Donald Duck on it! :fork:

If it ain't Mickey, Minnie, Goofy or Pluto, I'm just devastated! :(

:lookaroun

RiversideBunny

What really burns my britches and truly ruins my entire vacation is when the ticket media they give me has Donald Duck on it! :fork:

If it ain't Mickey, Minnie, Goofy or Pluto, I'm just devastated! :(
:lookaroun

Hey. It could have been Tinker Bell. :lol:
A buddy of mine is who built like a line backer got Tink on his AP.

BTW- Donald Duck rules !

:king:

EPCOTGAL1

I agree. It's just a cut of meat, a nice one, but still it's just a steak. :shrug:

I know....but...I just liked the way it was prepared. :) I'm not really fond of prime rib because of all the fat you have to work around to get to the good stuff....at least with filet..it is 100% edible (at least it should be...). And since this has been a topic the last few days....now I want one and will probably have it for dinner tomorrow - yum....but I still want one in the most "magical place on the planet"... ! Ok.....looks like I'll have to double-up on the funnel cake!:slurp:

mary219

this will be my 8th trip in sept, which i booked as part of a bounceback promotion, and i hardly think im getting something for nothing. and ap holders can now get dining without paying for a day so find something else to whine about

Nothing better than a free dining argument!!!:goodnevilIt always get the board hopping!

For the record--I love free dining and can not wait to go back to take advantage of it again,Filet mignon or no filet mignon--Try the steak kabobs at spoodles,they were fantastic.With the yummy bread and olive oil dip they give you-it was one of the best meals we ate(despite some so so reviews on these boards)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom