No fastpasses available today?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sunday There were not FP+ available for 17-21 for Toy, Soar'n Test Track, Splash, Thunder, but no Toy.

One of my DS former roomies still works Toy, he is going to try and message him and see what the heck. That is if anyone has accurately told the CMs which is a toss of the coin.

wogwog

Well, in this situation, yesterday @marni1971 told us that the problems yesterday (Wednesday) were a glitch. He usually knows what he's talking about.
Actually Disney prefers using 'it is a known issue' instead of glitch. Friends in town at WDW a week ago encountered that phrase frequently from GR, hotel front desk, and others. I have never bought a Disney trading pin but if they make one with that phrase on it I would buy my first.

Gabe1

Sunday There were not FP+ available for 17-21 for Toy, Soar'n Test Track, Splash, Thunder, but no Toy.

One of my DS former roomies still works Toy, he is going to try and message him and see what the heck
. That is if anyone has accurately told the CMs which is a toss of the coin.
Easier to quote myself.

My DS spoke with his friend a CM at Toy. FP+ were 100% booked out for this entire week for Toy Story. This is making it impossible to hand out many paper/regular FPs. So the few token FPs are gone to the Guests that run to Toy at rope drop. They are still handing out a token few and then when asked they can legitimately say they are all gone already, they pull the tarp over the top of the FP machines and that is that.

Doing the My Experience my DS could not book Toy, it just didn't show up on the list of choices at all for this week. This explains it. For a relatively slow week it begs you to wonder how awful this is going to be during the busy seasons. Thinking changing around My Experience FP+ isn't going to be as easy as Disney spun it.

Bairstow

The same number of people are getting to experience Midway Mania, so I wouldn't necessarily call it "awful".

I wonder if there would have been room to add an additional series of Midway Mania tracks and screens in the space where they put that dreadful Johnny Depp foot-stomping thing.

Gabe1

Full site, mobile, and native app all working here. A bit slow, though. Maybe there's lots of traffic?

No they tried to do a system update earlier that day and undid it cause it didn't launch. Obviously you got on after they reverted. They took the sight down overnight again last night.

JimboJones123

Reading is fundamental, "lack of planning" infers that the people in question have full access to the program and don't take proper advantage. Also I'm an AP and had zero issue obtaining Magic Bands and access to FP+.

If you have full access to the system and choose not to use it you only have yourself to blame.
Oh,it is live for us APs now? So I could pick up some bands where tomorrow for use this weekend???

Tigger1988

Oh,it is live for us APs now? So I could pick up some bands where tomorrow for use this weekend???
How exactly would I know the status of your account? All I know is we linked multiple Premium APs to MDE, were able to make FP+ reservations, and recieved our bands in the mail last week.

JimboJones123

No they tried to do a system update earlier that day and undid it cause it didn't launch. Obviously you got on after they reverted. They took the sight down overnight again last night.
The App is always slow. 1-3 second delay on most everything. I have no other Apps that act like this one.

javy2004

while i took full advantage of this i admit, fastpasses will be going a lot faster in general i think. I was lucky enough apparantly to set up my fastpasses yesterday for TSMM RnR and ToT for the afternoon, letting me get a chance to go to DAK for a quick lap on their rides before hopping parks. The thing I took advantage of was obtaining fastpasses as well as having my 3 fastpass+ selections already. on tuesday I had FP+ selections at space splash and btm. I also obtained normal fastpasses for splash, buzz and jungle. all within about a 5 1/2 hour window. it made for a day full of attractions and very little waiting. While I was visiting alone and it may not effect much, how many people are doing this? sorry for being so all over the place

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
This was one of many short sighted aspects of all this. These kiosks should have already been in place at all existing Fastpass locations. Even though many people carry smart phones, many people are simply uninformed of the process and wouldn't expect to be able to do such things on their phone. Having the in park kiosks is a must, and in order for this be a convenience, there needs to be a lot of them.
I had nothing but problems with MDE prior to arriving in the parks. I somehow had FP's booked for 4 days after our departure, and no how, no way could I get them to cancel. What that meant was that I could not get FP's for the last day of our trip.
The kiosks are much more user-friendly, however you can only alter your FP's for that day, that park - so I never was able to cancel those Saturday FP's and switch them to Wednesday.

Jeffxz

Again if Disney were just transparent and honest, I think half of the freaking out could have been eliminated.
I'm going with a group in November. Right now, I am in a panic about my trip, which I paid quite a bit for. (through Disney)
If you are going to roll out fp+ to all the onsite hotels, and not offer enough fp 1.0 to people, this could have been important info when I booked my hotel 3 months ago. Now I am left rethinking my hotel, worried my trip will be a disaster because I don't have the fp+, and others do.
No one knows when anything will happen, and Disney isn't telling anyone if and when you can get a stupid band if you are offsite. (and Dolphin is still offsite, at least where fp+ is concerned at this time).
I am thinking I need to switch to a Disney hotel quickly, or our trip could be a bit of a nightmare. My husband tells me I should just relax! I can't. fp+ is making me tense.:banghead:

You could book one of the disney resorts for your first night. This will get you into the test and you will get bands. After you are enrolled in the test, FP+ will still work after you check out up to 14 days (or until you use all of your ticket days).

Your other option is to try to use the kiosks once you arrive, any RFID ticket should work. This will limit you to what is available once you get there, and right now I don't think anyone is sure what that availability might be.

Kman101

OK.

I see Disney's idea in booking FP so you are guaranteed a ride on the big ticket rides. I get that. TOTALLY. I think in a lot of ways it's a great option (don't stone me!). That being said, they, like always, lose sight of the bigger picture and once again don't give a damn about everyone else.

The fact is, it's there so you spend more money. Period. They want your money. They DON'T care if you had the most relaxing vacation ever (well, maybe some of them do, but it's classic coprorate covering. Make it sound amazing when it's really just a way to take your cash). They are thereby forcing people to either spend an insane amount of money to stay on-site to benefit from this, which, again, is fine, but then the options for everyone else is "oh well!" spend more money then!

THAT is what I take from all of this and it's the wrong way to take it.

However, as a local, I would often get there at rope drop anyway, see what I wanted and really never waited. Maybe would grab a FP if I REALLY needed to. So I don't know if I will actually feel the pain, maybe I will, I'll wait and see about that.

I don't mind the wait going from 5 to 25 min, mostly, for some rides, fine, but it really just irks me that it's all about money. The suits will tell you exactly that. They AREN'T doing it to make your vacation easier. That's just their PR mantra. It's kind of disgusting that all WDW wants is your money. And that's my problem with it.

I'm glad families could benefit from booking 60 days in advance, but I just think the whole Disney process has become insane as folks rush to their computers 90 days out to book dining reservations, which means anyone wanting to walk up is often screwed (I personally have missed out on tons of restaurants because of it, however I guess I could spend a trillion dollars on a resort room) ... if everyone just waited like 'normal' the stress in rushing to book your reservation wouldn't even be needed ... (maybe). IDK. I'm very divided on this. As someone who didn't really always HAVE to use a FP because I toured smart and in the slow times, it may not be the worst thing for ME ever, but I can see it just being an overall disaster.

WDW's problem is trying to appeal to a certain group. They are greedy. Which is fine, I get it, hey, a company wants money. SHOCKER! But they way they do things just eats at me.

They need to appeal to both groups, as well as the day planners. If they don't, it won't work. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with FP+. I'm surprised they are allowing all the big rides to be booked together. I feel like that's going to change. They want this to be the best it can be right now before they start tweaking, changing and taking away.

Also, I could have sworn they were doing away with paper FP once FP+ was rolled out. Am I wrong in that? THAT'S when the you-know-what will hit the fan. But I don't even think FP was that necessary and as usual, Disney over did it with that.

71jason

How is it a bad business practice to reward people staying loyal to your company by staying a a resort you operate? It's a perk.

Marketing 101:

When you invent something new for resort guests, like EMH*, that's a perk. That makes resort guests feel special.

When you take away something from non-resort guests they've been conditioned to expect over two decades (such as the de facto ability to ride one of the few E-tickets in DHS or EPCOT by getting a FastPass), that's a penalty. That makes non-resort guests feel slighted.

* Technically they just cut hours across the board then added back EMH, but again ... marketing.

stichrules

Easier to quote myself.

My DS spoke with his friend a CM at Toy. FP+ were 100% booked out for this entire week for Toy Story. This is making it impossible to hand out many paper/regular FPs. So the few token FPs are gone to the Guests that run to Toy at rope drop. They are still handing out a token few and then when asked they can legitimately say they are all gone already, they pull the tarp over the top of the FP machines and that is that.

Doing the My Experience my DS could not book Toy, it just didn't show up on the list of choices at all for this week. This explains it. For a relatively slow week it begs you to wonder how awful this is going to be during the busy seasons. Thinking changing around My Experience FP+ isn't going to be as easy as Disney spun it.
The prblem is I do not believe it is a slow week. We were down at the worl all last an by the end of the crowd level was comparable if not more when we were at the MK on he 4th of Jul 3 year ago. It was insanely crowded last week. If you are not there we should not assume it is a slow week. The touring pla data if I am not mistaken is based on historic data and not real time data.

RSoxNo1

10:05 AM update on 10/18, per the official app

DHS
Toy Story Mania: 90 minute wait 7:30-8:00 PM (about to run out)
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 60 minute wait, 4:35-5:35 PM
Tower of Terror: 70 minute wait, 1:10-2:10 PM

Epcot
Soarin': 70 minute wait 6:40-7:40 PM
Test Track: 75 minute wait 7:45-8:45 PM

The wait times (save Tower of Terror) seem normal, but the Fastpass distribution times are way ahead of schedule.

mmouse

I am a Disney regular, AP holder, DVC member since 98 and have visited the past 7 Octobers. The parks are packed!!! Worst I have seen this time of year. We come every New Years Eve so I do know what busy is. This isn't New Years busy but every park is packed.

We have been using fast pass+ and the bands and it's been all good. As Disney guests we have a higher level of expectation then most visitors since we have been coming here since the 70's. Although there have been a few moments where we have been fed up,overall it's been a great system. Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of comments that have been posted and have long term concerns.

As for day guests there is a lot of frustration right now and will be till this rolls out to the masses. When that happens I'm concerned a faithful like myself won't be too happy. Yes there will be longer standby lines on rides that don't need FP+, and a lot of pre planning needed but like most things we will adapt.

At the end if the day look at it like this....if you add up all wait times pre FP+ for all lines and then you add up all lines post FP+ the totals will be similar. They will just be shifted from standby to FP or FP to standby.

As they say you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please everyone all the time. This is true for MM+ and in the end Disney will have a system that most like but it won't be all.

Ok the bus had arrived at the front of MGM....Sorry DHS, and it's after 10 am and in the next 3 hours I have FPs for RR, TOT and TSMM and I got to sleep to 9 am. I guess there is some advantages to all of this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom