No fastpasses available today?

Adrian0214

The kiosk are set-up in areas of each of the 4 parks...kind of looks like a small ATM machine (the ones in gas stations)... you use your KTTK card, AP, or Magicband and are able to set-up FP for your party...if all your bands are synced together...you can also take members of your party off your list for each FP (young children or someone not wanting to ride). It gives you 3 rides/attractions (in our case it was the BIG 3 at Epcot...TT, Soarin', and MS); we could change the times and the attractions but we could only pick 3. The one we used at Epcot was at the International Gateway.
Do you happen to remember where the kiosks at located at the other parks? Thanks for that helpful info :)

All I have to say is good thing we go in September because there is no way I would wait 100 minutes for a 3 minute ride (let alone 45 minutes). Do people really wait 100 minutes or is that an hour in Disney time?

wogwog

Do you happen to remember where the kiosks at located at the other parks? Thanks for that helpful info :)
According to a MK Supervisor in Attractions:

They are currently being installed with more planned. Because of complexity, glitches, and a bad idea it is not ready for primetime. They are adding more as fast as possible and will have a cast member stationed at each area as well as a GR person. It takes two folks to replace paper FP machines with one folk. Some of the kiosks are actually going in where a former paper FP machine was. So look for them around the paper FP machines. The locations of the kiosks that WDW thought would be sufficient are located separately in other areas. My friend believes they have added another 150 to 180 more people to be placed near all of the kiosks. Yeah, Fast Pass minus is really working well. At least they are creating jobs. Sarc.

This is only for MK I do not know about the other parks. Kiosks in addition to old paper FP locations are in the Adventureland Breezeway near the restrooms, City Hall, Fantasy Faire, and Storybook Circus.

NowInc

As a few of you already know (and don't believe), I have already tested MM+ on a few occasions and actually ENJOY it and found it easier for ME..

Now...before the stones get thrown..let me explain why I came to these conclusions:

FIRST OF ALL..I am WELL aware its under TESTING. The amount of guests that are using the system are gradually increasing, and as such I expect it to become more and more of a hassle.

Second...It works for me because I'm not a newbie..I'm not oblivious...basically..i know how to work the system to my personal advantage. I already know this puts me in a minority in the grand scheme of things, and I can't disagree that the added level of complexity will be a huge point of contention for many.

I am embarking on my 3rd testing period in 2 weeks and I have already been able to make, and change my fastpasses (I actually just changed them today). I am specifically planning on testing the ability to change them on "day of" (app permitting...they really need to fix that thing). Previously this worked with no issues, but now a lot more traffic may make the switch a lot less flexible.

Growing up going to the parks in the 80s and 90s I remember waiting in lines, some longer than others. Back then, however, I am pretty sure there were a lot fewer guests going as frequently as they are now. The FP system was introduced and I absolutely hated it for years, for most of the same reasons a lot of you hate FP+. Over time, it grew on me...but again..thats attributed to me learning how to work it to my advantage.

Regarding making this a resort only perk? I have lost count over how many time people have complained about lack of advantages to paying the "premium" fees at a Disney Hotel. If this becomes one, Its going to be a selling point (obviously). I preferred EMH (mostly because I take a few pictures), but from a marketing standpoint...its worked for Universal to have a "Resort guests get to skip lines" perk.

I would also, however...like it to be a standard AP perk as well. We here in Florida have very few things that we get as an AP holder anymore (I miss the lounges!), but I can understand that this would also cause problems as a big portion of AP holders aren't known for pre-planning.

In conclusion, I am looking forward to seeing if my upcoming tests will be as smooth as my previous 2. I don't think they will be, but I have been surprised before.

P.S. I know I am also considered "lucky" that I have had no problems with my magic bands. I have SEEN others having issues, but I'm not about to lie and say mine wasn't smooth.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
As a few of you already know (and don't believe), I have already tested MM+ on a few occasions and actually ENJOY it and found it easier for ME..

Now...before the stones get thrown..let me explain why I came to these conclusions:

FIRST OF ALL..I am WELL aware its under TESTING. The amount of guests that are using the system are gradually increasing, and as such I expect it to become more and more of a hassle.

Second...It works for me because I'm not a newbie..I'm not oblivious...basically..i know how to work the system to my personal advantage. I already know this puts me in a minority in the grand scheme of things, and I can't disagree that the added level of complexity will be a huge point of contention for many.

I am embarking on my 3rd testing period in 2 weeks and I have already been able to make, and change my fastpasses (I actually just changed them today). I am specifically planning on testing the ability to change them on "day of" (app permitting...they really need to fix that thing). Previously this worked with no issues, but now a lot more traffic may make the switch a lot less flexible.

Growing up going to the parks in the 80s and 90s I remember waiting in lines, some longer than others. Back then, however, I am pretty sure there were a lot fewer guests going as frequently as they are now. The FP system was introduced and I absolutely hated it for years, for most of the same reasons a lot of you hate FP+. Over time, it grew on me...but again..thats attributed to me learning how to work it to my advantage.

Regarding making this a resort only perk? I have lost count over how many time people have complained about lack of advantages to paying the "premium" fees at a Disney Hotel. If this becomes one, Its going to be a selling point (obviously). I preferred EMH (mostly because I take a few pictures), but from a marketing standpoint...its worked for Universal to have a "Resort guests get to skip lines" perk.

I would also, however...like it to be a standard AP perk as well. We here in Florida have very few things that we get as an AP holder anymore (I miss the lounges!), but I can understand that this would also cause problems as a big portion of AP holders aren't known for pre-planning.

In conclusion, I am looking forward to seeing if my upcoming tests will be as smooth as my previous 2. I don't think they will be, but I have been surprised before.

P.S. I know I am also considered "lucky" that I have had no problems with my magic bands. I have SEEN others having issues, but I'm not about to lie and say mine wasn't smooth.

The biggest issue, for me, is this advanced booking nonsense. How do you feel about that aspect?

NowInc

The biggest issue, for me, is this advanced booking nonsense. How do you feel about that aspect?

Again..for me its a non issue because I use it to my advantage. I go enough that personally I don't care if I ride everything...and usually I know at least a month in advance that I am going. So far, I have had no problems booking what I want, when I want to. Is that going to be the norm? Time will tell. Like I said, I suspect it will get harder and harder as more people start using the system.

...its far easier to get a FP+ than a dinner reservation. Thats how I see it..LoL

lentesta

Premium Member
Just looking at today’s info on the My Disney Experience App and TouringPlans’ Lines app:

DHS closes at 7:30, crowd level 4 out of 10
Toy Story Mania: Fastpass gone by 10:45 AM
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: Fastpass gone by 1 PM

Epcot closes at 9:00, crowd level 3 out of 10
Soarin’: Fastpass gone by 10:15 AM
Test Track: Fastpass gone by 10:30 AM

@lentesta, can you explain what’s going on here? Is this all Fastpass+?
If so, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Okay, here's some data from New Year's Eve 2012 to put this in perspective:

On NYE 2012, Soarin' ran out of Fastpasses (which stopped at 9 pm I think) around 11 am, or 45 minutes later than yesterday's Wednesday in mid-October.
Test Track hit a 9pm Fastpass distribution time around 11:10 am, or 40 minutes later than yesterday.

I really doubt that crowds at Epcot were substantially larger yesterday than New Year's Eve. So my guess is that it was Fastpass+ allocations or a glitch.

It's probably also the same thing at the Studios, but I haven't looked at the data.

Bairstow

Okay, here's some data from New Year's Eve 2012 to put this in perspective:

On NYE 2012, Soarin' ran out of Fastpasses (which stopped at 9 pm I think) around 11 am, or 45 minutes later than yesterday's Wednesday in mid-October.
Test Track hit a 9pm Fastpass distribution time around 11:10 am, or 40 minutes later than yesterday.

I really doubt that crowds at Epcot were substantially larger yesterday than New Year's Eve. So my guess is that it was Fastpass+ allocations or a glitch.

It's probably also the same thing at the Studios, but I haven't looked at the data.

I'm especially interested in the question of whether this was a glitch, or simply an effect of FastPassPlus.

If it were a glitch, ie. passes which should have been available were not made available, shouldn't this have made the standby queue unusually short and/or fast-moving?

NowInc

I'm especially interested in the question of whether this was a glitch, or simply an effect of FastPassPlus.

If it were a glitch, ie. passes which should have been available were not made available, shouldn't this have made the standby queue unusually short and/or fast-moving?

I was thinking the same thing.

wogwog

Ok, I walked into that one but we only go in September so I didn't realize each 100 minutes = 1 hour.
Check your math. 100 minutes is 1 hour and 40 minutes. Worse even. The biggest number I have ever seen was 300 minutes, yes 5 hours when the reworked TT reopened. I do not go on anything over 15 minutes. No patience.

everestnut

I used the bands this past weekend, everything worked perfectly. I enjoyed fast pass plus and really had a very good experience with it. As far as the quote for touring plans, I would have to say the crowds that were there were not in line with touring plans. I've been in the parks at many different times of the year, the crowds were extremely high over the weekend into the beginning of the week.

lentesta

Premium Member
I was thinking the same thing.

Okay, I haven't slept a lot lately, so I could be completely wrong.

What if people behaved differently because they saw the legacy Fastpasses running out so soon? I mean, I would not be surprised if people behave differently when Fastpasses are scarce than when they're not.

And the thing is, you can model lots of things about demand. But it's hard to model what happens when people start to think 'I thought Fastpass would be available all day. I better get mine now," you know - panic situations? Maybe people behave differently under scarcity.

I could be wrong.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because that benefits you and does not benefit Disney......nothing more....nothing less. Impossible for Disney to schedule staff prior. For them it makes FP+ less valuable. Your missing the point of the program. IMO it isn't to help you enjoy your vacation but to help them make more and save more money.

NGE was probably sold to the BOD as a way of cutting staffing by 1/3 as based on FP selection they would know exactly when guests would be in park etc etc etc

Rob562

Disney will charge offsite guests for MagicBands. Tied to these will be "MagicBand only" experiences. If you want the full WDW experience, you'll either need to poney up for a MagicBand or stay onsite.

After full roll-out, FP+ will work with a MagicBand *or* an RFID ticket card. Yes, the Band is a perk for on-site Guests, but the Card works the same way as the Band for admission and FP+.

For those who are still under the (IMO incorrect) assumption that FP+ is and will be strictly a perk for on-site Guests, I ask you why Disney would put it so visible on the WDW website, with no mention that it's for on-site guests only, if it's not intended to be for everyone after the full roll-out. Yes, it's a bit tricky right now because of the testing, but when everyone has access to it it'll even the playing field.

-Rob

crispy

I was at Epcot yesterday, and the standby lines were not especially short or fast moving. We went by Soarin' a few of times, and the wait times were between 70 and a 100 minutes and Test Track was running around 60 minutes when we went through with FP+. I am not sure what happened yesterday, but there didn't seem to be any FP+ issues today.

Like I said, I have had no major issues this week with FP+ (other than my daughter's not working once), but I do see the potential for problems. I think it would be great as a resort perk IF the regular fastpasses were kept, but I think it's problematic as a stand alone system.

I have pictures today of the 30+ person deep Splash Mountain line to get into the FP+ queue that I will try to post when I get home. That sort of issue is only get worse as more resorts start getting the Magicbands. I am not sure what they can do other than add more scanners to the line. Even when used correctly (which often doesn't seem to be happening), it takes a second or two for the bands to register with the scanner. The Mickey head on the band has to be positioned correctly and touch the scanner so parents and CM are having to assist small children which delays it even further. If the scanner was sensitive enough so that waving the band over it would work (like a bar code scanner maybe), I think it would be more efficient.

Entry into MK has been fairly easy since you are allowed through the turnstiles before park opening. Entry at Epcot was an absolute nightmare. We had issues with my daughter's MagicBand at AK so it took us a while to get in. We were there for EMH so the lines were short, and it still took us about ten minutes. We go to DHS tomorrow, but we will also be there for EMH so I am not sure if that will provide good insight into what a normal entry looks like.

Oh, and all week, I have only seen two people wearing the "I'm with the Band" T-shirts so that's a positive. :) I am proud that most people are avoid the dorkiness of that.

crispy

NGE was probably sold to the BOD as a way of cutting staffing by 1/3 as based on FP selection they would know exactly when guests would be in park etc etc etc

Right now, that seems laughable because there seems to be a lot of extra front-line personnel dealing specifically with the MagicBand. For example, there are CM roaming the turnstiles dealing with issues as they pop-up, and there are two people stationed at FP+ entry points instead of the one person that has been there in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom