No fastpasses available today?

wogwog

10:05 AM update on 10/18, per the official app

DHS
Toy Story Mania: 90 minute wait 7:30-8:00 PM (about to run out)
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 60 minute wait, 4:35-5:35 PM
Tower of Terror: 70 minute wait, 1:10-2:10 PM

Epcot
Soarin': 70 minute wait 6:40-7:40 PM
Test Track: 75 minute wait 7:45-8:45 PM

The wait times (save Tower of Terror) seem normal, but the Fastpass distribution times are way ahead of schedule.
ee

I want to add some info to this. The times for TS are the same as I saw. I followed Toy Story readings every so often this morning. They did not look mathematically logical a few times. I have not used a FP in years as I never go to a park on a busy day for fun. But as I understand the process these numbers look odd in that they are going very fast at times and at one point the numbers backed up as if someone loaded more times to the pool. I triple checked these anomalies. Here they are for anyone to analyze. Another "glitch" or the new reality. A Friday in October yet.

Time Standby FP for..
9:14 90 2:20 3:20
9:19 110 5:10 6:10 In 5 minutes a skip of 2 hr 50 mins?
9:25 105 6:00 7:00
9:30 110 5:10 6:10 Yep, it really backed up.
9:32 105 6:50 7:50 Yep, another jump.
9:36 90 7:00 8:00 Locks on 8:00 as the park closes at 7:30 tonight I guess that is normal.
9:45 90 7:15 8:00
9:53 90 7:20 8:00
10:02 90 7:30 8:00
10:05 90 FAST PASS is Not Available

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The prblem is I do not believe it is a slow week. We were down at the worl all last an by the end of the crowd level was comparable if not more when we were at the MK on he 4th of Jul 3 year ago. It was insanely crowded last week. If you are not there we should not assume it is a slow week. The touring pla data if I am not mistaken is based on historic data and not real time data.

Depends. You have locals and FL residents out and about, last weekend was the first nice weekend since F&W opened. That puts more in the parks temporarily that commute but likely are not in the parks from opening to close or during EMHs. The Halloween party also messes with the other parks at night. MK disperses crowds to many attractions where when the other 2 parks at night have to absorb the balance of the guests when MK closes early it can artificially appear to be high attendance.

fosse76

I can't get my AP to link to it.
That seem sto be a big problem for all AP holders. What's funny (well not really) is that I received an invitation yesterday to join the test, and was addressed as "Passholder". So they know I have an annual pass. When I tried adding it to the app, I received a message that the information does not exist. When I use the website, I receive a message that the information is tied ti another account. What's the point of the thing when the only feature that is somewhat of a benefit isn't working?

RSoxNo1

11:10 Fastpass Update
Test Track: gone
Soarin': 9:20-10:00 PM

What this tells me is that different windows will be available day of, but if you want marquee attractions you need to schedule them early. By planning out your entire day you can get Test Track and Soarin' at the same time whereas before you had to wait 2 hours between acquiring them. The same is true over at Toy Story where before, some people may have started at Tower of Terror or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, now they can get all 3 at once.

This is a huge problem, and if Disney thinks guests will be placated by receiving Fastpasses for attractions that previously had waits of 10 minutes or less, they're delusional. If they think that the average guest thinks the demand for Soarin' is the same as Imagination than they're doing a horrible job of marketing.

wogwog

11:10 Fastpass Update
Test Track: gone
Soarin': 9:20-10:00 PM

What this tells me is that different windows will be available day of, but if you want marquee attractions you need to schedule them early. By planning out your entire day you can get Test Track and Soarin' at the same time whereas before you had to wait 2 hours between acquiring them. The same is true over at Toy Story where before, some people may have started at Tower of Terror or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, now they can get all 3 at once.

This is a huge problem, and if Disney thinks guests will be placated by receiving Fastpasses for attractions that previously had waits of 10 minutes or less, they're delusional. If they think that the average guest thinks the demand for Soarin' is the same as Imagination than they're doing a horrible job of marketing.
11:24
Soarin' FP is now gone. But look at the positive..I could get Living With the Land at 12:00.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Okay, this has been going on for a few days now so I've got a few sanity check questions to make sure I understand where we are right now.

1- FP+ has expanded to additional resorts recently and is planned to be available at all resorts by 11/1/13
2- As a result of this expansion, Disney appears to have reduced the number of Day-of FP's available for day guests (seems obvious they would need to) to a much smaller quantity than would have been previously available. At that new lower quantity level, they are running out of FP's for most high popularity attractions such as TSMM, TT, ToT, etc.. within ~60-90 minutes after the official opening of the park.
3- FP+ is only available to Disney resort guests 'selected' to be a part of the test
4- Annual Passholders are not eligible to use FP+ unless they have recently participated in a resort test and linked their AP to the system. This appears to be an unintended loophole that they've decided it's not really worth trying to stop because it's such a small number of people, it's not worth worrying about.
5- In my discussion with Disney earlier this week I was told that they do not have a publicly available timeline for if or when FP+ might be made available to AP holders of any kind.
6- Day guests are not eligible to use FP+ at all under any circumstance at this time.
7- There are a number of reports that after they get all of the resorts launched in November the system is going to be essentially frozen until after the holiday season with no changes or additions. Also, not an unreasonable thing, you don't want to be messing with it substantially during that peak holiday period and risk a complete meltdown.

So assuming the above to be accurate (and I invite correction for accuracy as appropriate) as an Orlando local with an Annual Pass, it seems that unless I get to a park at rope drop, getting a FP for any of the major attractions for the foreseeable future is just not going to happen. And even if I get there at rope drop it means only one 'E' ticket FP for the entire day, all other access to all other attractions in via standby (except a 'C' or lesser attraction where FP+ was recently added).

The only option I have to potentially change this is to spend even more money than that $950 I already spent on my Premier Passport and spend a night at a resort and hope I get selected to 'test' so that I can get FP's in coming months.

While I acknowledge that I'll get no sympathy from most as a local for complaining about this, it appears that portion of the guest community will have a reduced experience when visiting the parks for the foreseeable future. I've seen nothing official from Disney that AP holders will ever be able to participate in this program except as a resort guests, nor if there is some sort of plan when an AP holder would be eligible to participate.

Last edited:

jklakeview

11:24
Soarin' FP is now gone. But look at the positive..I could get Living With the Land at 12:00.

So if I was in the park, and went over to saorin immediately at the beginning of the day, would I have been able to get a paper fast pass? If so, I'll still be ok when I go on Nov 15- 23

James122

Wow, I would NOT be happy right now if I was an WDW annual passholder. It appears that Disney is really giving them the shaft. I agree with some of the previous posters that FP+ wouldn't be such a bad thing if it were to coexist with the current fastpass system. But to get rid of paper fastpasses altogether and only hold a few fastpass time slots for day-of guests is a huge problem in my opinion. Those who don't book ride times for the major E-tickets 60 days out are going to be faced with very long waits. It'll be even worse during the busy season.

What puzzles me the most about My Magic+ is why they felt the need to add fastpass options to attractions that are not in high demand and usually have little or no line. Who would ever want (or need) fastpasses to Journey Into Imagination or Primeval Whirl?

openendedsky

10:05 AM update on 10/18, per the official app

DHS
Toy Story Mania: 90 minute wait 7:30-8:00 PM (about to run out)
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 60 minute wait, 4:35-5:35 PM
Tower of Terror: 70 minute wait, 1:10-2:10 PM

Epcot
Soarin': 70 minute wait 6:40-7:40 PM
Test Track: 75 minute wait 7:45-8:45 PM

The wait times (save Tower of Terror) seem normal, but the Fastpass distribution times are way ahead of schedule.
I can't speak for other attractions, but soarin has been on par with the distribution rate of the past couple of weeks. One, it's a Friday, two food and wine. Soarin has generally been running out between 11-12 every day, sans the last couple of days with the system going nuts.

jklakeview

Wow, I would NOT be happy right now if I was an WDW annual passholder. It appears that Disney is really giving them the shaft. I agree with some of the previous posters that FP+ wouldn't be such a bad thing if it were to coexist with the current fastpass system. But to get rid of paper fastpasses altogether and only hold a few fastpass time slots for day-of guests is a huge problem in my opinion. Those who don't book ride times for the major E-tickets 60 days out are going to be faced with very long waits. It'll be even worse during the busy season.

What puzzles me the most about My Magic+ is why they felt the need to add fastpass options to attractions that are not in high demand and usually have little or no line. Who would ever want (or need) fastpasses to Journey Into Imagination or Primeval Whirl?

Well they will use it on there when it is the only fast pass options left or if people really don't know much about the parks. In turn, those will increase standby lines and the people that used their FP+ option will think that they got a good deal. In Disney's minds "Everything is good and everyone is happy". I love Disney and have a vacation planned from November 15 - 23 and another planned next year from September 30 - Oct 13th (5 day cruise and 8 at the parks). We have our own timeshare so we are not staying at their resort this time. I will not go again if I think these trips become more of a hassle even at the slow times. It's a shame because we have a 3 year old and a 3 month old and I really wanted them to experience the love for Disney World that we have. To top it all off, we have annual passes for the next two trips and this time it still won't help us. I'm going to give them a chance to show me it will all be ok but if by next year they don't have it figured out, I'm not wasting my money to wait in lines.

ABQ

4- Annual Passholders are not eligible to use FP+ unless they have recently participated in a resort test and linked their AP to the system. This appears to be an unintended loophole that they've decided it's not really worth trying to stop because it's such a small number of people, it's not worth worrying about.
Not sure if that's correct, but I'm also not entirely sure you're meaning. I'm an AP holder, with an AP that hasn't been "activated" yet, but I have pre selected my FP+ "experiences" for an upcoming trip in December.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not sure if that's correct, but I'm also not entirely sure you're meaning. I'm an AP holder, with an AP that hasn't been "activated" yet, but I have pre selected my FP+ "experiences" for an upcoming trip in December.

If on your December trip, you are staying at a Disney resort, that is what would make you eligible for FP+.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Reading is fundamental, "lack of planning" infers that the people in question have full access to the program and don't take proper advantage. Also I'm an AP and had zero issue obtaining Magic Bands and access to FP+.

If you have full access to the system and choose not to use it you only have yourself to blame.

The problem I have is that I am participating in the test. I had no issue obtaining my MagicBand...just using them.

jklakeview

I spoke to a representative today and they said that when I activate my annual pass on Nov 15th I WILL NOT be able to take part in the FP+ testing because I AM NOT staying at a resort.

BroganMc

Ok the bus had arrived at the front of MGM....Sorry DHS, and it's after 10 am and in the next 3 hours I have FPs for RR, TOT and TSMM and I got to sleep to 9 am. I guess there is some advantages to all of this

Yes FP+ works great on paper.The concern is when it is actually deployed for everyone we'll see more guest dissatisfaction because the ideal rides/times will be gobbled up by the hoggers at 60 days out. What next? Penalize people for NOT using their FP+ time? Works for the dining.

IMHO allowing ride booking so early is just stupid. It invites abuse and problems. Keep it something reasonable like the week of. Not months before people come to the state, before anyone has an idea what the weather forecast will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom