No fastpasses available today?

Bairstow

As someone who hates the entire concept of FastPass, this is a welcome change. If 85% of the standard paper Fastpasses are now being allocated to FastPass+, it's going to wipe out a significant portion of all FastPasses used on a typical day - I firmly believe a huge (50%+) of the FastPass+ passes reserved over the internet will go unused (for a variety of reasons, but mostly because I think the mobile app is going to be largely unused within the parks and these passes will not be changed as necessary).

I hate that the reason this was done was to incentivize people to stay on property, but I love that I believe it's going to kill FastPass as we know it.

Don't forget that people with smartphones (ie, most Disney guests) will be able to change or update their FP+ reservations on the fly, pending on availability.
I've already done it.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Just looking at today’s info on the My Disney Experience App and TouringPlans’ Lines app:

DHS closes at 7:30, crowd level 4 out of 10
Toy Story Mania: Fastpass gone by 10:45 AM
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: Fastpass gone by 1 PM

Epcot closes at 9:00, crowd level 3 out of 10
Soarin’: Fastpass gone by 10:15 AM
Test Track: Fastpass gone by 10:30 AM

@lentesta, can you explain what’s going on here? Is this all Fastpass+?
If so, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Probably because it seems, everyone was blind sided. No one seemed to know Disney would stop paper fastpasses, which has now caused lots of confusion and angry guest.

luv

this is a serious question because I do not know much about FP+, Can people who do not stay on site take part in it!? and if not when we who do not go to the parks, will it just be like getting regular FP's??? or is that also a new system!?
Disney has not said that offsite guests won't be able to use FPP. They also have not been "testing" it with offsite guests or announced that offsite guests will be able to use it.

Some people (I'm one) are certain that, at best, offsite guests will have to pay to use it...and at worst, won't get access at all.

Other people are certain that the same-day FPs will remain for everyone.

Disney isn't saying. But if you look at their actions, it doesn't look good for offsite people who want the FPP.

Bairstow

Just in case anyone thinks this a new phenomenon: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sorr...out-of-Fastpasses-for-the-day/118219234904105
Probably because it seems, everyone was blind sided. No one seemed to know Disney would stop paper fastpasses, which has now caused lots of confusion and angry guest.

I think the bigger problem here is that EPCOT and MGM only have 2 or 3 attractions apiece that really merit everyone's attention on every visit.
At this point, these attractions are getting booked to the limit even when overall park crowd levels are very low.
This doesn't mean that the Fastpassplus system is ruining things- it means there's not enough to do in the parks.

If there were actually enough quality attractions in MGM to occupy a family all day you wouldn't have people on this board complaining that having to wait in the standby queue for that ride is ruining their vacation.

No one would say a similar thing about Space Mountain or Jungle Cruise, because the Magic Kingdom is full of other high-grade attractions to fill peoples' day.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Disney has not said that offsite guests won't be able to use FPP. They also have not been "testing" it with offsite guests or announced that offsite guests will be able to use it.

Some people (I'm one) are certain that, at best, offsite guests will have to pay to use it...and at worst, won't get access at all.

Other people are certain that the same-day FPs will remain for everyone.

Disney isn't saying. But if you look at their actions, it doesn't look good for offsite people who want the FPP.

Well, you have to cut Disney some slack. They haven't even tested it at all of their resorts yet. So any testing for off site guest is probably a ways away. Or like you said, non-existent. Don't most off site guest buy tickets from resellers? :confused:

bebert

Forgive me if this was already mentioned but, does the same 2 hour rule still apply for the paper FP? I read in another post where it seems the FP+ people can almost do theirs back to back.

luv

Well, you have to cut Disney some slack. They haven't even tested it at all of their resorts yet. So any testing for off site guest is probably a ways away. Or like you said, non-existent. Don't most off site guest buy tickets from resellers? :confused:
I don't believe Disney intends to make it available to everyone, so I don't fault them for not "testing" it with offsite guests.

I have no idea what percentage of onsite or offsite guests are buying discounted tickets. I know that whether we stayed on or offsite, the tickets that had to be purchased were always discount tickets. I realize it's only a few dollars, but every little bit helps, so that's what we did. You should post a poll! That would be interesting! :)

Forgive me if this was already mentioned but, does the same 2 hour rule still apply for the paper FP? I read in another post where it seems the FP+ people can almost do theirs back to back.

During the testing, I was able to book mine all in succession. I had all the headliners reserved in advance for the 9,10, and 11AM windows and would then go to EPCOT to enjoy F&W for the rest of the day

ctxak98

I am not sure, we usually stay off site but buy tickets at the parks. We also visit family in florida when we go down so it makes the most sense to not stay on site. I hope there is a way for off-site guest to get a Magic band or whatever for a minimal charge, otherwise I would say it is unfair to some extent!

RSoxNo1

Sorry but I don't understand your comparison. The dining plan never was free until they started offering it as an off-season incentive. The only thing about DDP that has evolved is the value: DDP costs a lot more than it did when first introduced in 2005 and the food quality has gotten worse. :)

Disney will charge offsite guests for MagicBands. Tied to these will be "MagicBand only" experiences. If you want the full WDW experience, you'll either need to poney up for a MagicBand or stay onsite.
What I mean is that the Dining Plan was advertised as a convenience and a cost savings and now that is no longer the case. Fastpass originated as a redistribution of crowds/time saver and now it's evolving into a perk for "premium" guests (i.e. guests that are staying on site). If the last few days are any indication, this evolution is absolutely atrocious and is akin to having to book dining reservations 180 days out. If same day availability is so limited during low to average crowd days the system is once again favoring certain people.

I have a lot invested in the Disney company, mostly in the form of time. Either time spent here, time spent on a podcast, and time spent working on a website. If the last few days are anything more than an unfortunate blip for the people that are currently visiting, I will be devastated. I will feel like all this time was wasted. I've already recognized that for the most part, Diseny doesn't care about me, but I've always had something that they wanted (money). Now, it sounds like I'm not going to have enough.

stichrules

Just looking at today’s info on the My Disney Experience App and TouringPlans’ Lines app:

DHS closes at 7:30, crowd level 4 out of 10
Toy Story Mania: Fastpass gone by 10:45 AM
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: Fastpass gone by 1 PM

Epcot closes at 9:00, crowd level 3 out of 10
Soarin’: Fastpass gone by 10:15 AM
Test Track: Fastpass gone by 10:30 AM

@lentesta, can you explain what’s going on here? Is this all Fastpass+?
If so, this is absolutely ridiculous.
1st off as I posted ealier I think your crowd level is way higher than what Touring plans is posting. We were there last and on the plane ride a gentlemen in the seat in front of was saying he went last at the exact same and the crowd was 3/4 of what it was. There seems to be an extreme amount of guests in the parks.

Bairstow

If the last few days are any indication, this evolution is absolutely atrocious and is akin to having to book dining reservations 180 days out. If same day availability is so limited during low to average crowd days the system is once again favoring certain people.

It would be useful to know just how far in advance people are actually booking these fastpass times. I'd bet the lion's share are booked less than 30 days before people's actual park visits.
Of course, even if this is true it might change once people become more savvy to the new system.

Show off!

I'll admit that FP+ made my last trip much better than usual as I got to arrive to the parks an hour later and still do everything I wanted. Also, it was great charging at all of the F&W booths with MagicBand and not have to reach into my pockets or reload a gift card. Everything luckily worked smoothly for me (linked seasonal pass exchange voucher before trip to make FP+ selections, activated pass first day) and never had to touch my KTTW card, Annual Pass card, or SotMK key for 5 days. However, I felt really bad once I noticed there was no regular fastpasses and everyone else would be stuck in standby lines the rest of the day.

mergatroid

We purchased our premium annual passes last week wth no option of having the new wrist band thingies. I asked and was told that possibly in the next 12 months this may change, instead we've been issued plastic credit card sized passes. I still unfortunately have the ongoing problem of the finger print readig machine. Due to suffering from dystonia my finger sometimes moves when it's trying to read it. Over the last 7 days on 4 occassions it has not 'read' my finger print. The problem then has been that my wife and I have had to stand and wait for a person with a mobile card scanner to come and manually scan my card through before being allowed in (well me anyway). So we've got there early before park opening and then had to wait whilst in one case about 20 people who were behind me in the queue originally are let through whilst I waited for another staff member to see me.

Modern technology eh, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

EDIT: Sorry, I may have posted this in the wrong thread :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom